Top 25 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 25

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Wrong response. Shabazz and his crew had expectations. They were a 4th seed. The topic was talking about teams that won with no expectations. Kemba and Carmelo's teams were not ranked or seeded high

Are you talking about BET or NCAAs? I was talking about NCAAs.

Reaction Score
I gotta imagine we have a good chance to crack the top 25 Monday. A little national recognition would help with the committee seeding us imo. It’s easy to lose track when you’re trying to pick 68 teams out of 90 something possibilities.
Get us ranked Monday and then move up in the rankings after we win BET ?
You're touching the money. NEVER TOUCH THE MONEY.

Reaction Score
I hate these ranking organizations first but the idea that we’re not top 25 is lunacy, but let them not rank us.

Reaction Score
OT but I would like to commend you of your proper use of the phrase, “couldn’t care less.” Possibly the most misused phrase out there. I cringe every time I hear, “could care less.”

I read your post and quite frankly my dear, I couldn’t care less.:rolleyes:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Finishing the regular season ranked in the top 25 is a huge accomplishment and a great recruiting tool. Of course we want to be ranked. I can't imagine thinking otherwise.
Would you rather be in the top 25 heading into the Dance or after the Dance is completed? You only get to choose one.

Reaction Score
Wrong response. Shabazz and his crew had expectations. They were a 4th seed. The topic was talking about teams that won with no expectations. Kemba and Carmelo's teams were not ranked or seeded high
You have it mixed up but it’s all good. Shabazz team in ‘14 was a 7 seed and I wouldn’t say had “expectations”. Kemba’ team was actually ranked as high as 4th, we won Maui and was unbeaten in our OOC schedule. We were a 3 seed that year as well

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I'd like to see us go into the BET as "others getting votes" (carrying a chip) and into the NCAA top 20.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Only on the boneyard do we have fans arguing if we should be ranked. Of course we want to be ranked. Just like Nova is every year. It helps the program like it did for us in the past. People saying otherwise absolutely have no clue what they're talking about.

Reaction Score
Only on the boneyard do we have fans arguing if we should be ranked. Of course we want to be ranked. Just like Nova is every year. It helps the program like it did for us in the past. People saying otherwise absolutely have no clue what they're talking about.
Yeah, but it's kind of a cool tough-guy thing to say you don't care.

Reaction Score
Um, no. Rankings don’t mean squat. Do you really care what a bunch of sportswriters from Iowa think of us? I don’t. I care about our performance on the court. And nothing else.

Reaction Score
Winning and playing real good now is huge not being ranked #25.

But hope some of you get your wish, I could care less I don’t need that to see how our Huskies are playing.
I see what youre saying but do you honestly, seriously being honest do you think there are 25 teams playing better basketball than this team? I want to be ranked and hopefully its a big jump in the 25. There has been too much doom and gloom around here the last 5 years and it seems many posters are still hungover from it and are afraid of any success because "we want to fly under the radar". Nonsense!!! THIS IS UCONN!!!! WE DONT FLY UNDER THE RADAR WE FLY AT THE HIGHEST ALTITUDE, LEAD THE FORMATION AND DROP BOMBS ON WHOEVER GETS IN THE WAY OR WE GET SHOT DOWN IN A BLAZE OF GLORY FIGHTING TILL THE END.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Thankfully for all of us Danny isn't recruiting middle aged dudes from the yard. I can assure you young kids look at rankings and the national presence of a team. Being ranked like Nova in a non power 5 and gaining that respect again is extremely important going forward.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You have it mixed up but it’s all good. Shabazz team in ‘14 was a 7 seed and I wouldn’t say had “expectations”. Kemba’ team was actually ranked as high as 4th, we won Maui and was unbeaten in our OOC schedule. We were a 3 seed that year as well
I know. I admitted error. I was drinking the wrong stuff. Lol

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind seeing a number next to our name next game but flying under the radar and being underestimated has its advantages also.

Reaction Score
Thankfully for all of us Danny isn't recruiting middle aged dudes from the yard. I can assure you young kids look at rankings and the national presence of a team. Being ranked like Nova in a non power 5 and gaining that respect is extremely important going forward.
I agree completely. Im also kind of a cool tough guy?

Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind seeing a number next to our name next game but flying under the radar and being underestimated has its advantages also.
Thats fools gold. Do you think Uconn is "flying under the radar" when whichever top seed gets us in the bracket? You think Mark Few isnt going to notice our name at all in his bracket? You thin none of the other teams will notice us? Lol! I just get this weird picture in my head of Duane Johnson dressed very casually with shades on waiting in line to see one of his movies hoping nobody notices him in line??

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Let’s worry about being ranked next Monday shall we? We are scary as hell to everyone who is paying attention. That’s enough right now. Nobody wants to play this team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom