Top 25 | The Boneyard

Top 25

Reaction Score
I gotta imagine we have a good chance to crack the top 25 Monday. A little national recognition would help with the committee seeding us imo. It’s easy to lose track when you’re trying to pick 68 teams out of 90 something possibilities.
Get us ranked Monday and then move up in the rankings after we win BET ?

Reaction Score
Winning and playing real good now is huge not being ranked #25.

But hope some of you get your wish, I could care less I don’t need that to see how our Huskies are playing.
No I agree that winning is the most important thing right now. But I’d like to see the guys be rewarded and recognized for their winning as well. A NC is the ultimate goal but isn’t guaranteed. They deserve to be ranked and should be

Reaction Score
Finishing the regular season ranked in the top 25 is a huge accomplishment and a great recruiting tool. Of course we want to be ranked. I can't imagine thinking otherwise.

The ones you can’t imagine not thinking like you are probably pretty happy with the team that just win 5 in a row not being ranked? Do they deserve it sure, but doesn’t matter at this point it’s highly overrated. Purely opinion though.

Reaction Score
I don’t think there is a recruit in the country who IS coming here because we finished ranked #25 or who ISN’T coming here because we didn’t. That’s just nonsense.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don’t think there is a recruit in the country who IS coming here because we finished ranked #25 or who ISN’T coming here because we didn’t. That’s just nonsense.
Not literally of course. But recruiting is perception, and it's easier to paint the picture of a team on the upswing that finishes it's season inside the top 25 for the first time in forever.

Reaction Score
We won't be ranked on monday, since not many teams between 10-25 have bad losses this week. Think we'll need to win at least 2 in the BET to be ranked going into the tourney.

Reaction Score
I don't even want us ranked. Let's keep that chip on the shoulder. Let whoever we play round 1 think they have a shot at advancing
Maybe we can do that Syracuse/Carmelo Anthony or Kemba/Uconn thing. Lol. That would be nice

Reaction Score
We won't be ranked on monday, since not many teams between 10-25 have bad losses this week. Think we'll need to win at least 2 in the BET to be ranked going into the tourney.
Virginia playing right now and winning. Va Tech had their game cancelled. Loyola playing in their tournament final tomorrow. Purdue won. Colorado won.

Wisconsin playing at Iowa tomorrow is our best shot for a slot to open up.

Reaction Score
The point is I would prefer a blowout game over Georgetown on CBS nationally, to being ranked #22 (or whatever). The announcers and commentators saw what we are, and all marveled at our talented lineup, style of play and the major challenge we will be to any and all opponents.

One practically guaranteed we will be playing 2nd weekend in the Tourney.

Recruits are attracted to the verbal accolades/projections and not looking online to view a team's rank. Oh and their parents got a nice view of Hurley's personal touch today. Can't see that on a number.

I'll take a sweet win on CBS over an end of regular season lower tier ranking anyday.

Reaction Score
Fixed.
Wrong response. Shabazz and his crew had expectations. They were a 4th seed. The topic was talking about teams that won with no expectations. Kemba and Carmelo's teams were not ranked or seeded high

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom