Top 25 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Top 25

Reaction Score
Shocked we didn't get a vote from Borzello

Reaction Score
Too bad. Right on outside looking in. Wudda been great to crack the top 25 this week and see that number next to our name while watching the tourney later this week. Still can’t believe there’s 25 teams ranked higher than us. Comical

Reaction Score
Think Wichita is 32.
They are 32nd in the AP poll, but 28th in the Coaches poll.

1615229987355.png

Reaction Score
Dick Vitale is exactly what his first name describes him ass. What an ACC/Duke/North Carolina nut hugger
And you just know if UConn goes on some run he will be the first to say "UConn is back baby" or something like that in a "told you so" type of tone.

Reaction Score
Let's use this snub as even more motivation to crush the tournament this week and improve the numbers that really matters - adding another Big East tournament championship and improving our tourney seeding

Reaction Score
In fairness, Dickie V did not vote for either Duke or UNC in his Top 25. I was frankly amazed.
“In fairness?” Why wud u? Duke is completely off the bubble. So vitale gets praise because he didn’t put Duke in his top 25 when they’re barely in the top 60? Ok lol

Reaction Score
LOL is right.

Oklahoma is under .500 in Q1/Q2 games, has a Q3 loss, has a significantly lower winning percentage than UConn (against a worse overall SOS), has lost 4 in a row, and is ranked behind us in NET, Kenpom, and BPI.

We have one common opponent: we both played Xavier at Xavier.

Oklahoma: Lost by 22.
UConn: Won by 8. Without Bouknight.

You can slice data any way you want..but Oklahoma did beat current AP #11 Kansas and AP #6 Alabama...and has two wins over AP #10 WVU along with a win over AP #10 Texas.

UConn has a win over AP #24 USC.

Reaction Score
You can slice data any way you want..but Oklahoma did beat current AP #11 Kansas and AP #6 Alabama...and has two wins over AP #10 WVU along with a win over AP #10 Texas.

UConn has a win over AP #24 USC.
Justifying AP rankings by reference to other AP rankings can get circular in a hurry. Those wins aren’t as impressive as they seem.

Kansas is 22 in Kenpom. Alabama is 8. WVU is 25, and Texas is 26. (USC is 15.)

Oklahoma also lost to 5-16 Kansas State (Kenpom 184). There’s a reason the committee breaks out wins and losses by quadrant (and looks at both wins and losses).

Reaction Score
Justifying AP rankings by reference to other AP rankings can get circular in a hurry. Those wins aren’t as impressive as they seem.

Kansas is 22 in Kenpom. Alabama is 8. WVU is 25, and Texas is 26. (USC is 15.)

Oklahoma also lost to 5-16 Kansas State (Kenpom 184). There’s a reason the committee breaks out wins and losses by quadrant (and looks at both wins and losses).

Then..Oklahoma has five wins over KenPom ranked teams under #26. And a really bad loss.

Reaction Score
“In fairness?” Why wud u? Duke is completely off the bubble. So vitale gets praise because he didn’t put Duke in his top 25 when they’re barely in the top 60? Ok lol
I’m not praising Dickie V. Just saying I was legitimately somewhat shocked. I expected him to do it.

Reaction Score
Just saw this this morning idk if anyone else mentioned this but San Diego received one vote guy probably meant San Diego State but what a waste of a vote San Diego Basketball is 3-11. Guy should lose his voting privileges.

Reaction Score
Only on the boneyard do we have fans arguing if we should be ranked. Of course we want to be ranked. Just like Nova is every year. It helps the program like it did for us in the past. People saying otherwise absolutely have no clue what they're talking about.
We do. All of the media exposure, ESPN scores etc. Are all top 25.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Just saw this this morning idk if anyone else mentioned this but San Diego received one vote guy probably meant San Diego State but what a waste of a vote San Diego Basketball is 3-11. Guy should lose his voting privileges.
Some media members who vote on these things will make it about themselves in order to get clicks. One guy voted against Jeter as a first ballot hall of famer. There's no possible reason for it other than for people to ask "who done it". Then they start trending, having people Tweet, re-Tweet, etc. Mission accomplished.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Some media members who vote on these things will make it about themselves in order to get clicks. One guy voted against Jeter as a first ballot hall of famer. There's no possible reason for it other than for people to ask "who done it". Then they start trending, having people Tweet, re-Tweet, etc. Mission accomplished.

Yeah the Baseball HOF is weird like that. Babe Ruth wasn't a unanimous HOFer, Ted Williams, Lou Gehrig, Sany Koufax, Tom Seaver...nobody was until a couple of years ago. I don't think Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter are the two greatest players in baseball history, but they have the highest percentage of votes.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Yeah the Baseball HOF is weird like that. Babe Ruth wasn't a unanimous HOFer, Ted Williams, Lou Gehrig, Sany Koufax, Tom Seaver...nobody was until a couple of years ago. I don't think Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter are the two greatest players in baseball history, but they have the highest percentage of votes.
Yeah I agree and I can't imagine why the guys you mentioned wouldn't be 100% first ballot. I know some assinine writers won't vote for first timers on the ballot regardless, but there are select players who are no brainers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom