Top 25 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Top 25

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Thats fools gold. Do you think Uconn is "flying under the radar" when whichever top seed gets us in the bracket? You think Mark Few isnt going to notice our name at all in his bracket? You thin none of the other teams will notice us? Lol! I just get this weird picture in my head of Duane Johnson dressed very casually with shades on waiting in line to see one of his movies hoping nobody notices him in line??
I said under the radar, not irrelevant. What you think about in your spare time is none of my business but other than for about 5 minutes, we haven't been ranked and have been on the bubble for weeks up until our nice run now. Personally, I think we have the tools to win it all and yes I'm sure Mark Few will look at every team in his bracket, but I think there will be other teams at the forefront of his mind if we happen to be there only because we've been banged up all year and haven't had much buzz until now. So from that standpoint, yes, if we end up as a 5-6-7 seed, I think we're a little under the radar. But, that can change if we run the table in the BET.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I said under the radar, not irrelevant. What you think about in your spare time is none of my business but other than for about 5 minutes, we haven't been ranked and have been on the bubble for weeks up until our nice run now. Personally, I think we have the tools to win it all and yes I'm sure Mark Few will look at every team in his bracket, but I think there will be other teams at the forefront of his mind if we happen to be there only because we've been banged up all year and haven't had much buzz until now. So from that standpoint, yes, if we end up as a 5-6-7 seed, I think we're a little under the radar. But, that can change if we run the table in the BET.

Reaction Score
Virginia playing right now and winning. Va Tech had their game cancelled. Loyola playing in their tournament final tomorrow. Purdue won. Colorado won.

Wisconsin playing at Iowa tomorrow is our best shot for a slot to open up.
Wisconsin loses. There is our crack.

Reaction Score
I see what youre saying but do you honestly, seriously being honest do you think there are 25 teams playing better basketball than this team? I want to be ranked and hopefully its a big jump in the 25. There has been too much doom and gloom around here the last 5 years and it seems many posters are still hungover from it and are afraid of any success because "we want to fly under the radar". Nonsense!!! THIS IS UCONN!!!! WE DONT FLY UNDER THE RADAR WE FLY AT THE HIGHEST ALTITUDE, LEAD THE FORMATION AND DROP BOMBS ON WHOEVER GETS IN THE WAY OR WE GET SHOT DOWN IN A BLAZE OF GLORY FIGHTING TILL THE END.
Exellent post. I want to be the team they all hate because we are bullies and do not accept losing. We were at that level for quite some time and it was fun. Flying under the radar is nonsense.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Also, Seth Davis just ranked us #20 in his weekly top 25 5 minutes ago. !!
They are approaching mid-season form. Fortune will have them playing 3 more games, preferably all W's, before the big dance. They have so much more upside, they need these games!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
This week's reddit user poll has us 28th. It tends to react faster than the media polls so I think it indicates we'll be just outside the top 25.

Reaction Score
#28!!!

1615223732207.gif

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Most of the beat AP voters probably still think we are AAC. Kidding aside (kind of) they really don't vote on the momentum a team has which is too bad. Some of them don't pay much attention during the season and just vote based on where they were the week before. Only reason teams like Indiana, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin (out this week) stayed in so long in the top 25.

Reaction Score
good, more fuel heading into MSG
"We've got to have good preparation and not drink the Kool-Aid. Because now we've gone from 'this team is a bubble team' to now all of a sudden 'a Final Four sleeper,'" Hurley said.

"We have a chip on our shoulder. People haven't praised a lot of our season. We've had a lot of detractors. And I love that. We're going to have a chip on our shoulder and a real edge to us over the next couple weeks. That's our mentality."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
"We've got to have good preparation and not drink the Kool-Aid. Because now we've gone from 'this team is a bubble team' to now all of a sudden 'a Final Four sleeper,'" Hurley said.
I like that he said that out loud. That's modern coaching.

Reaction Score
#28 in the AP. No clue how a team like Oklahoma is ranked ahead of us when they have lost 4 games in a row to end their season. Complete garbage

Oklahoma has Quality Losses...LOL

To current NET ranked numbers...2...14...17...17...24...30...30

and beat current NET...7...14...23...23...24

Reaction Score

Just think how much more highly ranked we would be if we had played Quinnipiac, Yale and Fordham!! What a mistake........

Reaction Score

LOL is right.

Oklahoma is under .500 in Q1/Q2 games, has a Q3 loss, has a significantly lower winning percentage than UConn (against a worse overall SOS), has lost 4 in a row, and is ranked behind us in NET, Kenpom, and BPI.

We have one common opponent: we both played Xavier at Xavier.

Oklahoma: Lost by 22.
UConn: Won by 8. Without Bouknight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom