Top 25, would be top 10 | The Boneyard

Top 25, would be top 10

Reaction Score
Uconn is top 25 now and would be top 10 if we didn't blow the Creighton game. Butler is way down this year but they didn't even look like they belonged on the court with us and that's without Bouknight, Akok who isn't ready, and Jackson.

Once we get healthy and the point guard play inproves we are going to scare the hell out of everyone. Excellent defensive and rebounding team with an improving offense, bullish on this team.

Reaction Score
Uconn is top 25 now and would be top 10 if we didn't blow the Creighton game. Butler is way down this year but they didn't even look like they belonged on the court with us and that's without Bouknight, Akok who isn't ready, and Jackson.

Once we get healthy and the point guard play inproves we are going to scare the hell out of everyone. Excellent defensive and rebounding team with an improving offense, bullish on this team.
Rothstein agreed we are a couple FTs from being ranked top 10. This team can definitely get there!

Reaction Score
For some reason I like us being overlooked. Let them keep ranking those failing 'regular' names.

Its just so rewarding seeing knowledgeable pundits look stupid.
I hear you but no, we need everyone in the nation to know we are back. It adds so much to the program in terms of national brand, recruiting, everyone talking about us...Hurley said they go into every single game expecting to win now, it wasn't like that for several years.

Reaction Score
For some reason I like us being overlooked. Let them keep ranking those failing 'regular' names.

Normally I would agree with being overlooked but after our bad stretch I want this UConn team/brand back in the national spotlight ASAP. Hurley and the team fully deserve it. It will also help recruiting even more if we are ranked again.

Reaction Score
I hear you but no, we need everyone in the nation to know we are back. It adds so much to the program in terms of national brand, recruiting, everyone talking about us...Hurley said they go into every single game expecting to win now, it wasn't like that for several years.
I just know come the end of the month everyone will know were back. I'm just relishing in the journey.

Reaction Score
Normally I would agree with being overlooked but after or bad stretch I want this UConn team/brand back in the national spotlight ASAP. Hurley and the team fully deserve it. Will also help recruiting even more if we are ranked again.
We went two straight decades with really never sneaking up on anyone. Those were the best 20 years of UConn basketball and I for one would trade sneaking up on people for that.

Reaction Score
Normally I would agree with being overlooked but after our bad stretch I want this UConn team/brand back in the national spotlight ASAP. Hurley and the team fully deserve it. It will also help recruiting even more if we are ranked again.
Yeah, now is not the time for "plucky underdog". We need to be making a statement.

Reaction Score
That was a great win, but I'm a bit worried. Seems like fools gold a bit. We just absolutely worked Butler. It was too easy.

That said. Super happy.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I'd like to see us try to schedule Duke to replace the Nova game. It would be a great statement nationally for everyone to see us beat them down.

Bouk and Polley will light them up
Coach K doesn't even want out of conference.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We’re back, baby!! Fans are juiced!
422101A2-43CF-4E82-A822-D83FC2B03623.jpeg

Reaction Score

I agree 100%. UConn basketball was always at their best when everybody doubted us. 1999 vs Duke is a prime example of that. I loved the Calhoun days when those teams would play with an edge, and that chip on their shoulder. Hurley has his teams playing like that as well, and I love it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Defense and control the glass will win most college basketball games. People fall in love with offense, but those are the foundation of good teams. We’ve been very good there all year. The offense is improving and learning to play without Bouknight is giving guys some confidence in their game.

I really like where the team is trending. Like the renewed focus on getting the ball inside. We have bigs who can score in the paint. We should not be just launching 3s. We played badly against Creighton so I hope we can keep improving.

Reaction Score
Defense and control the glass will win most college basketball games. People fall in love with offense, but those are the foundation of good teams. We’ve been very good there all year. The offense is improving and learning to play without Bouknight is giving guys some confidence in their game.

I really like where the team is trending. Like the renewed focus on getting the ball inside. We have bigs who can score in the paint. We should not be just launching 3s. We played badly against Creighton so I hope we can keep improving.
Neither UConn or Creighton played well in that game but we were coming off the huge Covid layoff and it showed, getting down big early and without Polley. We were simply better than them and blew it. UConn and Creighton are both way better now, Creighton just destroyed Seton Hall. That second tilt will be a great game to watch.

Agree on the offense improving and learning to play without Bouknight. It could be a blessing in disguise, now get healthy James.

Reaction Score

Enjoy it for now because this team is nowhere near peaking and with all the interruptions theyve gotten pretty good pretty quickly. Once this team hits its stride they will be extremely dangerous for anybody. That lineup of Polley, Martin, Whalley,Bouk and Cole can score in bunches and are really starting to develop a nice chemistry and could ultimately be the starting 5 come March.

Reaction Score
Enjoy it for now because this team is nowhere near peaking and with all the interruptions theyve gotten pretty good pretty quickly. Once this team hits its stride they will be extremely dangerous for anybody. That lineup of Polley, Martin, Whalley,Bouk and Cole can score in bunches and are really starting to develop a nice chemistry and could ultimately be the starting 5 come March.
Sanago and Akok are rising, and Carlton gonna get some! Adams and Cole could be wild cards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom