Top 25 Players List | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Top 25 Players List

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I haven't seen her play yet, but Aneesah Morrow of DePaul is putting up huge numbers (18.7 and 12.1). She may be the most impactful freshman in the nation and has won the BE FOW award seemingly every week.

Reaction Score
honestly don’t think Muhl wouldn’t get much time at SC. Dawn has two PG’s (although Raven is injured) and Muhl isn’t a big time scorer. That’s Cooke’s value to her team. She can score and that’s what SC needs.
I guess we can agree to completely disagree. If anything keeps SC from a championship, it will be guard play. The 5 best athletes don’t usually make the best teams

Reaction Score
I guess we can agree to completely disagree. If anything keeps SC from a championship, it will be guard play. The 5 best athletes don’t usually make the best teams
This is an argument you lot have been saying for a while but SC’s guards stepped up big time in the tournament last year. I have no doubt they will do the same this year when the opportunity presents itself.

Reaction Score
This is an argument you lot have been saying for a while but SC’s guards stepped up big time in the tournament last year. I have no doubt they will do the same this year when the opportunity presents itself.
Well, this year ain't last year. If Zia doesn't step it up, we are beatable.

Reaction Score
There are several players on this list based on reputation or based on last year's performance. A few also seem to be undervalued simply because they weren't on the preseason list.

I think this happens a lot and why these lists should not be compiled until the end of the regular season. JMO

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Her inclusion just reflects how meaningless this list is. I honestly think SC would be a more dangerous team with Nika instead, even if she never scored more than 10 pts. Not saying Nika should be on the list, but her value to the team’s success.
I don't see it. Muhl hasn't been able to break into the rotation for UCONN when everyone was healthy (ex. vs. South Florida/South Carolina she played 3 minutes), so I don't see her making a big impact at SC. If she did go to SC, she's at best a backup to Henderson, but there's a ton of young competition for playing time in the backcourt at SC (Hall, Russell, Rivers), even without Raven Johnson this year. Muhl also doesn't fit the bill of what Dawn likes in a guard. Dawn seems to prefer athleticism above all else, even if it means players look a little shaky as underclassmen. Muhl's more of a neutral player in that she doesn't make a lot of mistakes or bad decisions, but she's not an impact player offensively as a scorer or playmaker.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Actually, most of S.C.'s offensive stats are weak. I was very high on Saniya Rivers, but she's an abysmal 19/06/40.

Same here in regards to Rivers. She looks a little lost/lacking confidence on the court. I'm sure a lot of that stems from getting minimal playing time and feeling like she needs to play great in the limited minutes she does get. Another year under her belt and I think she'll settle in and find her rhythm. In her prep days she looked really really good. I thought she was the best athlete of the 2021 class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom