Top 25 Players List | The Boneyard

Top 25 Players List

Reaction Score
I’m a bit surprised. Other players on UCONN have played better to date.

sun

Reaction Score
Evina was included in the players receiving votes.
Her name was probably listed on Lobo's ballot.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
A couple of critical omissions that make this list trash IMO.
Aijha Blackwell, Missouri is averaging 16 PPG and 13 RPG playing in the SEC.
Rickea Jackson, Mississippi State is averaging 20.7 PPG and 7.2 RPG.

ESPN you need to do a little better than this !

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I anticipate Christyn's star will continue to rise as
the season and the tournament plays out. IMO.
I just had a chat with Zarathustra. He said your prophecies are giving Zoroastrianism a bad name. Oops! Here he comes!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Did you miss Muffet McGraw unmasking ESPN's bias towards UCONN? :eek: How else do you explain CW on this list? Of course more deserving players must be omitted from the list in order to accommodate ESPN's UCONN bias. ;):rolleyes:
A couple of critical omissions that make this list trash IMO.
Aijha Blackwell, Missouri is averaging 16 PPG and 13 RPG playing in the SEC.
Rickea Jackson, Mississippi State is averaging 20.7 PPG and 7.2 RPG.

ESPN you need to do a little better than this !

Reaction Score
I think the list is fair, but I thought a case could be made for Dorka receiving some votes at least.

Rae Burrell and Te-Hina Pao Pao received votes and they've both been injured for a large portion of the season so far.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
seven players on the list now who weren't there preseason? seven?
welcome to the Year of the Clueless.
lots more to come as the eligibilty and transfer rules make it all
highly unpredictable, except for us when healthy.
seriously, does anyone on planet earth expect paige not to be numero uno when healthy? mebbe on mars, or alpha centori, they don't.
i don't live there.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
They list the Top 25 plus 30 others who got votes and the only players to get votes were Power 5 teams, plus Big East teams and one player from FGCU and one player from BYU.

Sounds like a ton of "research" and viewing games, from mid majors, were done.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
seven players on the list now who weren't there preseason? seven?
welcome to the Year of the Clueless.
lots more to come as the eligibilty and transfer rules make it all
highly unpredictable, except for us when healthy.
seriously, does anyone on planet earth expect paige not to be numero uno when healthy? mebbe on mars, or alpha centori, they don't.
i don't live there.
I would have expect Paige not to be number # 1 based on the way the season has unfolded thus far. SC decisively beat UCONN with a healthy Paige. If I remember correctly Paige was also not #1 in the ESPN pre season top players to watch or returning.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry in advance of writing this post. I know this is a UConn board, but having Christyn Williams ranked as the #24 player in the country is simply mailing in an article. Her play is not indicative of that stature, merely symbolic of her name recognition.

In her last 5 games, 4 without Paige, she has scored 13, 10, 11, 13 and 4 points. Instead of helping pick up the slack from Paige’s absence, her scoring has decreased. Instead of ascending, she is regressing. Despite being a four-year starter, she is deferring to a freshman, who has started 5 games.

At this stage in her career, she is who she is. In spite of my criticisms, I’m a fan of her & would love to see her break out with multiple 30 point games in a row. She is necessary to UConn’s success, but she’s not a top 25 player this year (as of now).

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I’m sorry in advance of writing this post. I know this is a UConn board, but having Christyn Williams ranked as the #24 player in the country is simply mailing in an article. Her play is not indicative of that stature, merely symbolic of her name recognition.

In her last 5 games, 4 without Paige, she has scored 13, 10, 11, 13 and 4 points. Instead of helping pick up the slack from Paige’s absence, her scoring has decreased. Instead of ascending, she is regressing. Despite being a four-year starter, she is deferring to a freshman, who has started 5 games.

At this stage in her career, she is who she is. In spite of my criticisms, I’m a fan of her & would love to see her break out with multiple 30 point games in a row. She is necessary to UConn’s success, but she’s not a top 25 player this year (as of now).
1642013553409.gif

Reaction Score
The list looks pretty good. Putting these lists together is always tough. If they had a Top 30. Folks would complain about so and so was left off the list. Make it a Top 50 list. Folks will complain that so and so made the list while so and so was left off. Just play on ladies. Congrats, C-Dub on making the list.

Reaction Score

That's a fair statement. Emily Ryan and Lexi Donarski from Iowa St are playing better than Christyn right now and they didn't even make the list. They don't have more natural talent than she does but they are playing better. Not only are they playing better, but you could see the vocal leadership, from I believe it was Ryan, in last night's game against Kansas St. Looking the others square in the eye and saying what she felt needed to be said. There are others, playing the same position, that were rated lower or not at all. Indiana has a couple. I know leadership was not one of the criteria of this list, but it is important. Players can say all the right things about leadership and whatnot. But if you say it, you need to get off the pot and do something. I read somewhere that Christyn has recently spoken about being a leader. I hope she will.

Look, I have no idea what the people that make these lists look for or think is important. But I wouldn't give you the lint from a snake's belly for Debbie Antonelli's opinion.

Reaction Score
That's a fair statement. Emily Ryan and Lexi Donarski from Iowa St are playing better than Christyn right now and they didn't even make the list. They don't have more natural talent than she does but they are playing better. Not only are they playing better, but you could see the vocal leadership, from I believe it was Ryan, in last night's game against Kansas St. Looking the others square in the eye and saying what she felt needed to be said. There are others, playing the same position, that were rated lower or not at all. Indiana has a couple. I know leadership was not one of the criteria of this list, but it is important. Players can say all the right things about leadership and whatnot. But if you say it, you need to get off the pot and do something. I read somewhere that Christyn has recently spoken about being a leader. I hope she will.

Look, I have no idea what the people that make these lists look for or think is important. But I wouldn't give you the lint from a snake's belly for Debbie Antonelli's opinion.

Actually, that lint was listed under "also receiving votes."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom