Top-10 Impact Freshman in WCBB | The Boneyard

Top-10 Impact Freshman in WCBB

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
IMHO Jackson and especially Jones, Taylor belong above Jones, Haley. And I say this as a homer - Haley Jones is terrific and improving practically by the game, but both Rickea Jackson and Taylor Jones have been much more critical and impactful to how their teams' offenses run than Haley Jones has been to Stanford. May just be the luxury of a deep bench, but Miss. St. and OSU would look really different without those two, whereas I'm not sure Stanford looks all that different without Haley Jones.

Reaction Score
Zia Cooke should have been on the actual list instead of being named honorable mention and Brea Beal should have at least been named honorable mention....

Reaction Score
I think Jaz Shelley has been impactful despite being on a stacked Oregon team.

She wouldn't be the first Aussie I would mention, that would be Alex Fowler (Portland).

Reaction Score
Taylor Jones has been very impactful at Oregon State. So has Kennedy Brown. Taylor gets the spotlight because she scores the ball from 5 ft in reliably when not checked by a solid & tall defensive BIG. Being a freshman, Taylor will come down to earth somewhat when PAC-12 play begins. Kennedy Brown, in my view, has been even more impactful at Oregon State, as Kennedy is a terrific post defender for a freshman, sees the court well, passes well, and can shoot beyond 3-point line. Luxury for OSU to have both of these freshman, but I think Kennedy Brown's stock will rise when PAC-12 play begins.

Reaction Score
PAC-12 has some really fantastic freshman, not shown on the list. Stanford has many of them. UCLA has a really solid freshman guard, and I'm so impressed with Jazz Shelley of UO. Jazz Shelley is going to turn more heads soon--but please, not vs OSU.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just caught this fascinating article in the Athletic about a super freshman
that chose Buffalo over UConn :eek:

Dyaisha (DEE-ay-sha) Fair

She is averaging 23.8 pts per game for Buffalo but did not make the ESPNW top freshman impact list. :eek::eek:

She was leaning to UConn apparently but Cierra Dillard pushed her to Buffalo. :eek::eek::eek:

Reaction Score
I think Bell got the shaft in this ranking. I've watched a couple tOSU games and her play dictates their performance. She's a game changer.

Reaction Score
Biggest omission is Jordan Horston. That was a big miss.

Amihere is an odd inclusion. Over Beal?

Not sure the writer did all the thinking he needed to do.

Reaction Score
Taylor Jones has been very impactful at Oregon State. So has Kennedy Brown. Taylor gets the spotlight because she scores the ball from 5 ft in reliably when not checked by a solid & tall defensive BIG. Being a freshman, Taylor will come down to earth somewhat when PAC-12 play begins. Kennedy Brown, in my view, has been even more impactful at Oregon State, as Kennedy is a terrific post defender for a freshman, sees the court well, passes well, and can shoot beyond 3-point line. Luxury for OSU to have both of these freshman, but I think Kennedy Brown's stock will rise when PAC-12 play begins.
The offensive production of Jones and nearly 65% shooting from the field gets her the nod over her frosh teammate Brown. Brown can defend and rebound, but currently leads the Beavs in turnovers and needs to finish better on the offensive end. The Beavs would be hard-pressed to be 11-0 without significant contributions from both of them.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
So this list omits Peoples from the top-10 even though she's easily been one of the ten best in the country while putting Brunelle 3rd. Now I know Brunelle is ESPN's new pet but come on.

No Aubrey Griffin either, ok, fine. But she's not in the "notable" section either while Amihere is. Check out their stats if you don't understand why that's absurd.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom