Tonight’s Utah at Stanford Game is Thread-Worthy | The Boneyard

Tonight’s Utah at Stanford Game is Thread-Worthy

Reaction Score
Really looking forward to this matchup of two 1 loss conference leaders! Could have a major impact on seeds 1-8.

No gamethreads dadgummit. But I’m hoping for some pregame predictions and postgame discussion.

Stanford at home by 3!

Reaction Score
Expect the Cardinal to bounce back at home from the unexpected loss to Southern California in a big way, Stanford wins by 15+.

Reaction Score
I think the major determinants will be whether Brink can stay out of foul trouble and whether Pili can maintain her effectiveness against a long and mobile Stanford frontline.

Reaction Score
Whenever i think games will be good they turn into blow outs. I do think Stanford is overrate this year and lack guard play that can create but I do think they'll make this one boring.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Stanford has made adjustments to their offense. Looking forward to the game. Tara couldn’t vote for Stanford to win the PAC 12, so she voted for Utah.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Really looking forward to this matchup of two 1 loss conference leaders! Could have a major impact on seeds 1-8.

No gamethreads dadgummit. But I’m hoping for some pregame predictions and postgame discussion.

Stanford at home by 3!
I don't know how create the "Game chats" in the "Chat" option but I would be interested in participating in that if you were willing check with the powers that be. I can only assume it would fall under the UConn women's basketball chat but as I said, I have no idea how create one or if creating one for a "non-UConn" game is permissible.

Reaction Score
I don't know how create the "Game chats" in the "Chat" option but I would be interested in participating in that if you were willing check with the powers that be. I can only assume it would fall under the UConn women's basketball chat but as I said, I have no idea how create one or if creating one for a "non-UConn" game is permissible.
I’m clueless myself.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I have only been able to see one Stanford game this season, so this statement is based off stats, but are fouls a huge issue for Brink this year? This year she’s averaging 2.2 fouls a game and last two seasons it was 2.7 fouls. Brink is averaging the same amount of fouls right now as Maddie Siegrist but I never see anyone say fouling out is a concern for her. Brink only averages about 23 minutes a game, but I just assumed that’s because of the forward position depth this season. Brink’s only game to foul out of this season was against SC (which went to OT) outside that game, she’s only had more than 3 fouls two other times. So, three games with 4 or 5 fouls out of 19 games doesn’t seem that bad.

Reaction Score
I have only been able to see one Stanford game this season, so this statement is based off stats, but are fouls a huge issue for Brink this year? This year she’s averaging 2.2 fouls a game and last two seasons it was 2.7 fouls. Brink is averaging the same amount of fouls right now as Maddie Siegrist but I never see anyone say fouling out is a concern for her. Brink only averages about 23 minutes a game, but I just assumed that’s because of the forward position depth this season. Brink’s only game to foul out of this season was against SC (which went to OT) outside that game, she’s only had more than 3 fouls two other times. So, three games with 4 or 5 fouls out of 19 games doesn’t seem that bad.

Good question and thanks for the data.

She's gotten better but I still get the foul prone vibe. There are games where she sits due to picking up early fouls in the first half. That impacts playing time.

I'd seen about 10 games this season. The time difference doesn't make it easy, but I'm trying my best to see more of the PAC12 this season to avoid having that easy coast bias.

Reaction Score
When there are notable non-UConn games on, folks hangout and chat in the UConn women's basketball chat.

Wife and daughter have a stomach bug, so I'm going to be prudent and watch the game from home instead of in person :(.

As far as fouls, Tara tends to sit all players after a foul in the 1st quarter until the second quarter, then sits them if they pick up a second foul in the 2nd quarter.

Brink has been better about picking up fouls the last few games.

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Problem is she misses time on the court due to fouls. From games I've seen, after 2 fouls Tara automatically benches her for the rest of the first half. If she picks up a third in the 3rd, Tara benches her the rest of the quarter. She's missed big stretches in games where she normally would've sat for just a couple of minutes.

Reaction Score
She fouled out tonight!
Kinda missing the bigger story, Va Husky, don't you think?

Yes, Cameron fouled out with 1:11 to play in the game, but found the time before that to score 25 points and haul in 14 rebounds as Stanford won, 74-62.

Haley Jones, often the target of BYers' derision and considered overrated by many here, once again came up big for the Cardinal in a big game, making 10 of her 17 shots to score 25 points and added 12 rebounds.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Yes, Cameron fouled out with 1:11 to play in the game, but found the time before that to score 25 points and haul in 14 rebounds as Stanford won, 74-62.

Haley Jones, often the target of BYers' derision and considered overrated by many here, once again came up big for the Cardinal in a big game, making 10 of her 17 shots to score 25 points and added 12 rebounds.
Yeah, Brink and Jones combining for 50 points and 26 rebounds kind of makes up for their collective stinker against USC.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
As good as Pili has been for Utah, I sure would like to see her grabbing more rebounds for a player of her size/physicality. 5.6 per game, are you kidding me? I can think of several sub 6 foot guards who played in the Pac 12 who could do that in their sleep.

Reaction Score

I hope I’m not missing the point. Brink is a tremendous player. I was just pointing out that, while she may have improved her fouling tendencies, she did only play 28 minutes in a pretty big game - due to foul trouble. That being said, I’d be the first to acknowledge that those 28 minutes were fantastic!

Reaction Score
I hope I’m not missing the point. Brink is a tremendous player. I was just pointing out that, while she may have improved her fouling tendencies, she did only play 28 minutes in a pretty big game - due to foul trouble. That being said, I’d be the first to acknowledge that those 28 minutes were fantastic!
More so to conditioning. She was gased in the second quarter. I don’t think she’s capable of more than 28 minutes foul trouble or not.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
As good as Pili has been for Utah, I sure would like to see her grabbing more rebounds for a player of her size/physicality. 5.6 per game, are you kidding me? I can think of several sub 6 foot guards who played in the Pac 12 who could do that in their sleep.
How tall is she?

Reaction Score
How tall is she?
USC listed Pili at 6’0” when she played for the Trojans. Evidently she “grew” two inches playing at 4800’ elevation in SLC.

Pili averaged 8 rebounds/game her freshman season when she played fully healthy and earned All Pac-12 honors. Injuries affected her production the subsequent two years, averaging 3.8 and 4.5 rebounds/game. Scoring also dropped from 16.3/game to 11.0 to 7.8. She’s returned to form scoring wise at Utah.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom