OT: Today's My B-Day | The Boneyard

OT: Today's My B-Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And "what would be a good b-day present, Huskies4ever?" You ask.

How about a big win over Gtown tomorrow.

Wich got me thinking: who else here has a birthday that falls between the college hoops season?
Favorite win on or around your birthday?

For me there have been several. The first was Ray Allen vs Kerry Kittles in Villanova in 1996. Damn great birthday present. Also at Nova in 2004. Rashad Anderson hits a three to send the game into OT, where Mek wins the game with a block at the buzzer.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Happy B-Day!

Not collage but a couple years ago paul pierce hit a game winner vs New york and i was all excited since my present had been a bunch of celtics stuff.

Reaction Score
Happy B-Day!

Not collage but a couple years ago paul pierce hit a game winner vs New york and i was all excited since my present had been a bunch of celtics stuff.

Thanks.

That's awesome. Being a sports fan, a win is one of the best presents for us.
When was the game?

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
My birthday falls just before Thanksgiving, so I see the entire college bball season as one big gift. If I'm picking something near the day itself, our 2010 Maui run (capped by the smackdown of UK) has to be right up there.

Reaction Score
My b-day is tomorrow. A win over G'Town would be nice but all I really want is to get out of the Big East.

Happy B-Day!
Are you a father yet?
Anyway, is there a Husky win on your birthday that stands out to you?
I totally feel your pain on the conference alignment bs. Sucks.

Reaction Score
My birthday falls just before Thanksgiving, so I see the entire college bball season as one big gift. If I'm picking something near the day itself, our 2010 Maui run (capped by the smackdown of UK) has to be right up there.

I agree Roderick. If my birthday was at that time, that would have been one hell of a present.
An all-time great memory!

Reaction Score
Happy B-Day!
Are you a father yet?
Anyway, is there a Husky win on your birthday that stands out to you?
I totally feel your pain on the conference alignment bs. Sucks.
Yes. Baby #3 came last week. Thanks!
I know there are always some very good games on or near my b-day. One of my earliest b-day Uconn memories was in the early 90's when I was about 13 or 14. I think it was against Seton Hall at Gampel and Chris Smith hit a jumper at the buzzer to go to overtime.

Reaction Score
I know there are always some very good games on or near my b-day. One of my earliest b-day Uconn memories was in the early 90's when I was about 13 or 14. I think it was against Seton Hall at Gampel and Chris Smith hit a jumper at the buzzer to go to overtime.

Congratulations! Boy or girl? Good for you! After that last storm, I know it's a huge relief.

I think a remember the game you are referring to......

Reaction Score
I'm March 15-there was a reason God planned my arrival smack dab in the middle of March Madness. I live for this time of the year so it's going to be tough w/o the Huskies this year. As you can imagine there have been so many games on and around 3/15. I do remember in 2002 going to DC to watch our first round game against Hampton on 3/15. In 1990 watched us beat BU in Hartford.....so many games -God what a freakin great time I've had!

Reaction Score
I'm March 15-there was a reason God planned my arrival smack dab in the middle of March Madness. I live for this time of the year so it's going to be tough w/o the Huskies this year. As you can imagine there have been so many games on and around 3/15. I do remember in 2002 going to DC to watch our first round game against Hampton on 3/15. In 1990 watched us beat BU in Hartford.....so many games -God what a freakin great time I've had!

Awesome! You embody March Madness. ;)
I was born during the blizzard of '78, when the Civic Center roof caved in.:(

Reaction Score

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
For the most part, my birthday (Jan 17) or the closest game to my birthday, has fallen into a predictable mid-to-late January slump during the Calhoun years. Seems like the trend is continuing under Ollie, as this year my birthday was sandwiched between the Louisville and Pitt losses. UGH.

Still not as bad as the five game losing streak beginning on 1/13/2001. That was dreadful.

Most dreadful single game was a double digit loss to Providence on my birthday in 2008. There was no birthday celebration in this house that night.

Notable losses on or adjacent to my birthday over the years have included ND, Pitt, Carolina, St Johns, Kansas & Texas. Most of the few birthday wins I've gotten to experience were against the likes of Hartford, Seton Hall, Providence, BC, etc. Note the difference in competition. Whether we are having a good year or a bad year, with a few notable exceptions, we have been at our suckiest for my birthday.

There have been four really notable exceptions though... In '95 we pummeled G'town by 20. In '99 we destroyed Pitt by 23. Both of those were the day before my birthday. The 30-plus point humiliation of the Tarheels came two days after my birthday in '02.

That was my favorite birthday game until 2011, when Kemba gave me a great birthday present, going off for two dozen points, six boards and five dimes in a 2 point win over 'Nova.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Congratulations!

Reaction Score
For the most part, my birthday (Jan 17) or the closest game to my birthday, has fallen into a predictable mid-to-late January slump during the Calhoun years. Seems like the trend is continuing under Ollie, as this year my birthday was sandwiched between the Louisville and Pitt losses. UGH.

Still not as bad as the five game losing streak beginning on 1/13/2001. That was dreadful.

Most dreadful single game was a double digit loss to Providence on my birthday in 2008. There was no birthday celebration in this house that night.

Notable losses on or adjacent to my birthday over the years have included ND, Pitt, Carolina, St Johns, Kansas & Texas. Most of the few birthday wins I've gotten to experience were against the likes of Hartford, Seton Hall, Providence, BC, etc. Note the difference in competition. Whether we are having a good year or a bad year, with a few notable exceptions, we have been at our suckiest for my birthday.

There have been four really notable exceptions though... In '95 we pummeled G'town by 20. In '99 we destroyed Pitt by 23. Both of those were the day before my birthday. The 30-plus point humiliation of the Tarheels came two days after my birthday in '02.

That was my favorite birthday game until 2011, when Kemba gave me a great birthday present, going off for two dozen points, six boards and five dimes in a 2 point win over 'Nova.

You have a great mix of good vs. bad. I do too. That game in 2011 was freakin awesome! That certainly helps outweigh some of the bad. ;)

Reaction Score
So is mine. On the May 8th I was born, it was Mother's Day. No basketball that I am aware of, however.

It was also Mother's Day in 2011 and Kembas graduation day. It should be referred to as Swag Day around here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom