To Quote Rebecca Lobo, "They better.............. | The Boneyard

To Quote Rebecca Lobo, "They better..............

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
To quote Rebecca Lobo before the 2015-16 NCAA's (the Big Three's Junior Year) "They better get them this year because they won't get them next year."

Huskies are stacked for the next few years.
Taurasi said the same thing their junior year. They were both prophetic. I hate to look ahead when we still have games left, but looking at what we’ve got (with no one leaving) and the uber talented players that are coming, UConn should be the consensus preseason number one ranked team in the country.

All they have to do is play up to their potential. Hopefully there will no postponements or cancellations, and all of the scheduled games with the top ranked teams will be played.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
To quote Rebecca Lobo before the 2015-16 NCAA's (the Big Three's Junior Year) "They better get them this year because they won't get them next year."

Huskies are stacked for the next few years.
Taurasi said that also, but during the end of their junior season, because of Stewart. Sorry Carnac, you must have been posting while I was also posting and beat me to it.

Reaction Score
Excuse me, but 2014-15 was the Big Three's junior year, NOT 2015-16, which was their senior year!!!

Reaction Score
The only thing we know is that they will beat BE conference teams by 50 points. That doesn’t make them ready. Watching some of these SEC games we know there are some teams that are good and ready. Right now we know that UCONN is good. As has been the case in recent years, lesser teams were ready. I don’t see anything changing because the talent level gets better. I hope they are both good and ready.

Reaction Score
Taurasi said the same thing their junior year. They were both prophetic. I hate to look ahead when we still have games left, but looking at what we’ve got (with no one leaving) and the uber talented players that are coming, UConn should be the consensus preseason number one ranked team in the country.

All they have to do is play up to their potential. Hopefully there will no postponements or cancellations, and all of the scheduled games with the top ranked teams will be played.
UConn should be the consensus preseason number one ranked team in the country.
Next year . . . And if we're not, we can always put up a BANNER saying we are or should be. It's important to emulate SC's class act.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Taurasi said that also, but during the end of their junior season, because of Stewart. Sorry Carnac, you must have been posting while I was also posting and beat me to it.
We just corroborated each other’s post. ;)

Reaction Score
South Carolina’s not bad this year and .a great class coming in next. Stanford the same.
On paper if we are as good this year, and have more coming in next year, we should be the best, but you have correctly identified the only two programs that might be close. Beyond these three I suspect there will be a significant drop-off to the next tier.

Reaction Score
They are good but not as good as Paige + Azzi together ...

While next year UCONN is going to be a ton better, the NCAA is set up to make it easier for the best team to get picked off. Doesn't matter they aren't as good. One game - anything can happen.

Reaction Score
The only thing we know is that they will beat BE conference teams by 50 points. That doesn’t make them ready. Watching some of these SEC games we know there are some teams that are good and ready. Right now we know that UCONN is good. As has been the case in recent years, lesser teams were ready. I don’t see anything changing because the talent level gets better. I hope they are both good and ready.
Let's try the half full instead of half empty approach! Enjoy the ride, even the pot holes. Sheesh!!

Reaction Score
SoCar, Stanford, and some other teams picked as going to have great teams next year, may have great recruits but they DON'T have Geno and staff preparing them!
Bet the farm that Geno will have them at peak performance!

Reaction Score
Taurasi gets the credit with Lobo always mentioning it was Diana's quote.

Reaction Score
South Carolina’s not bad this year and .a great class coming in next. Stanford the same.
SC only loses 1 player and adds 3 very good ones. they have like 13 good players, Stanford and Uconn also at least 12 deep. How do you play all the deserving players. it will be a challenge. it's harder then one thinks to give playing time to so many. many will think they deserve more, or there family will think that.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I would favor Stanford over SC in a neutral site game.
SC will be playing with baked beans, however it will be xtra hard shooting over the Stanford Red Woods , no one without supreme guards will have a chance at beating them.

Reaction Score
The funniest Geno quote is when he told Kara Wolters at halftime of a game that she got just as many rebounds as a dead person buried in the cemetery, or something close to that.

Reaction Score
The funniest Geno quote is when he told Kara Wolters at halftime of a game that she got just as many rebounds as a dead person buried in the cemetery, or something close to that.
I think it was "...my grandma, and she's been dead for 10 years....."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom