TN Postgame Thread [merged] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

TN Postgame Thread [merged]

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I dont understand why everyone doesnt get this. They were being left wide open. Key was staying 10 feet away. I AM SURE that Geno told them to shoot it if that was happening.

Maybe it wasnt the right game plan, but I doubt they decided on their own "I'm going to do my Steph Curry impression tonight."
Geno gave their post defenders too much respect in the beginning. That was not Lauren Cox or Griner down there. Just tossing opportunities away. If we were a great rebounding team, you could argue we could get some of those long rebounds. Glad we outgrew this. Hopefully, Liv will not take another 3pt shot until she makes 10 FT's in a row.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Haven’t read anything in this thread but Williams and E played big, ONO I’m REALLY disappointed in. She was on fire this year, just surprise she was a no show.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A gutsy win!!! Young team, big road game, national broadcast and only having played 8 games.

Excellent learning experience. No one on the team quit. Played hard to the end.

Christyn had that look. It means she is going to have a game. We needed it. Evina is the ultimate player. Steady, calm entire game. I did see a little smile after that second 3 in the 4th quarter. And last but definitely not the least was Paige. Off night shooting but played defense and got assists, rebounds and steals. She saved the best for last. That 3 was a thing of beauty.

I will leave the critiques to Geno.

Reaction Score
Making Final Four will be difficult. But after Butler game it was as I feared.

Reaction Score
Bueckers may not have had a great night, but from what I saw in the second half she was almost always doing the right things.
Agreed, and I feel you could say the same thing about Evina. Considering how difficult it was to get easy shots against Tennessee the seven assists from Paige and four from Evina were critical. I also thought in Paige's absence
Evina was still playing under control but everyone else looked a little frazzled.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Haven’t read anything in this thread but Williams and E played big, ONO I’m REALLY disappointed in. She was on fire this year, just surprise she was a no show.
Too harsh. I think the game plan was designed to take some of those early shots and she came alie defensively and on the boards in the second half. 3 Blocks. Also 0 TO's

Reaction Score
Going to zone in fourth was a great move by the Vols. UConn did not adjust well. They were trying to penetrate through it.

Tennessee may not be a top ten team but their size, especially at guard is going to be a matchup nightmare for most teams. Burrell is nice player. UConn did a nice job on her in the second half.
You realize that UConn scored 22pts in the 4th qtr right, the ONLY qtr they outscored Tennessee all game?

Reaction Score
Poor free throw shooting is a real problem. If they don't improve measurably they won't go anywhere. Teams will foul them, play them closer on D, play a lot looser if they don't worry about the cost of a foul. A team can survive with one sub fifty percent shooter, but when most of the team shoots under fifty.... I assume that it will be a higher priority going forward, but if not it will not bode well. Bad technique is pretty obvious and can be corrected.

Reaction Score
Don't know if this has been posted, but if UT couldn't beat UConn tonight . . .

Reaction Score
ONO and AG maybe shot one to many 3’s but they were necessary. At some point down the stretch of the season, you will need ONO and AG, to be able to hit some outside shots.
Liv is such a good passer from the post, I wish they would have given her more post attempts and let her pass back out to the shooters. When posting it seems that ONO and AE received a few dump off passes from dribble drive in the 4th quarter.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Spent a little time over on VolNation. LV fans are amazed that Evina no longer turns the ball over or plays out of control. I wonder why???????
I know that's a sarcastic question but let's call it: it's coaching and a willingness to be coached. She respects Geno and company and tries to do what they want.

I'll say it again, I am so happy for her tonight.

Reaction Score
It seems like the weak AAC and big east have really factored into how some players perform when we finally play solid competition. I’m not totally convinced ONO is any more equipped as a junior to play a top 25 team than she was her freshman season. We completely lose our inside presence in big games which forces us to live and die by the jump shot.

Reaction Score
Tenn fans on volnation begging for round 2 in March . They seem satisfied with the performance in a loss LOL
Well, given the rankings and pre-game predictions (by most "experts"), wouldn't YOU be satisfied if you were them? Tenn pretty much dictated the tempo the first 3 quarters. Lol. You're acting like it was a blowout win for us.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
  • Paige’s game tonight reminded me a little of DT’s game her freshmen year in the national semifinal. Geno knew enough to keep Paige in the game until she finally started making plays down the stretch, Ultimately Paige hit one of those legendary shots that we'll all be talking about for years to come, on a bad ankle.
UConn's own Kerri Strug!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom