TN Postgame Thread [merged] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

TN Postgame Thread [merged]

Reaction Score
EW and CW were excellent
AG and AE played solid
PB came through
ONO did well when she focused on D and rebounding

As someone posted in the Chat, the top 2 things I'll remember from this game are 10-21 on FTs and ONO's 4 3-pt attempts

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UCONN was very lucky to get out of Rocky Top with a win tonight. With only 3 players (CW, Evina and Aubrey) scoring in Double Figures, and outside of that BIG TIME 3 Pointer by Paige at the end, Paige did not have a good game at all. Edwards had some good moments off the bench, however our Bench got out-scored 10 to 6. If we play like this against Arkansas, we are going to lose big time. WAKE UP GAME for this young team. We are not nearly as good as our press and fans think we are "presently" (but we still can come out on Saturday and take it out on Georgetown).
Paige certainly missed a bunch of shots, but she ended up with 7 assists and 7 rebounds, and played solid defense all game.

Reaction Score
Don't think Geno felt Nika was ready for a game like this yet
Thinking she might be on a small timeout from the prior game at Butler. She will start Saturday.

Reaction Score
A number of curious decisions by Geno. UConn up by 9 - TN can't score on UConn zone. Why do you go man to man? Beginning of game - most of UConn's shots by ONO and Aubrey from 3 point land? Particularly 1st half - UConn getting killed on TN offensive rebounds. Many of them when Aubrey lets herself gets pushed too far under basket. Give her some coaching so she knows where to position herself for rebounds.

Reaction Score
It was nice that no one panicked. I’ll have to rewatch but I don’t think there were many dumb turnovers or stupid fouls by UConn late in the game. Also, Aubrey and Aliyah looked like they were ready to play in a big game.

Reaction Score
UCONN was very lucky to get out of Rocky Top with a win tonight. With only 3 players (CW, Evina and Aubrey) scoring in Double Figures, and outside of that BIG TIME 3 Pointer by Paige at the end, Paige did not have a good game at all. Edwards had some good moments off the bench, however our Bench got out-scored 10 to 6. If we play like this against Arkansas, we are going to lose big time. WAKE UP GAME for this young team. We are not nearly as good as our press and fans think we are "presently" (but we still can come out on Saturday and take it out on Georgetown).

Page had an excellent game even though she did not shoot well. You can shoot poorly and still get it done.

Reaction Score
What a game. Why was Olivia taking outside shots instead of being down low?
I agree it wasn’t a good look. However it looks like AG and ONO were told if they’re open to shoot it. Otherwise I have a feeling they both would have been pulled earlier. Geno couldn’t have been too unhappy with them or I can imagine them getting an earful.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
UConn let Tennessee dictate the tempo. I believe Ono and Aubrey were shooting outside early in the game because Geno was hoping to bring Tennessee's bigs away from the basket. If the shots had fallen, it would have worked. If UConn had hit just five more free throws the game would not have been as close as it was.

Reaction Score
Didnt see TN postgame thread. This should be merged with that.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
What a game. Why was Olivia taking outside shots instead of being down low?
According to the banter during the game and at halftime, it was to draw their bigs out and hopefully get them in foul trouble like last season. I guess Kellie learned from last year. I kept hoping that Liv and Aubrey would connect on their outside shots but alas...

All in all, a red knuckle game and I am glad that in the final minutes both Evina and Paige rose to the occasion, to the level of the Bad Ass Player of the Game - CW!!!

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
UConn let Tennessee dictate the tempo. I believe Ono and Aubrey were shooting outside early in the game because Geno was hoping to bring Tennessee's bigs away from the basket. If the shots had fallen, it would have worked. If UConn had hit just five more free throws the game would not have been as close as it was.
Technically, one more FT and the game would not have been as close... ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom