- Nov 15, 2016
Some thoughts on the TN game:
- UConn finally played a game that generated some genuine anxiety relative to the outcome. TN’s length and athleticism provided a challenge that UConn hasn’t faced this season.
- While TN was a better defensive team then UConn has played this year, UConn missed open shots both outside and inside the arc, as well as a bunch of FT’s, appearing tentative until money time at the end of the game.
- This is a game where players need to make plays. Christyn made a bunch of plays for UConn. She wasn’t getting a whole lot of help early, particularly after Aubrey picked up her 4th foul.
- Evina stuck a dagger in LV fans hearts tonight. I’m sure she feels a great sense of redemption.
- Paige’s game tonight reminded me a little of DT’s game her freshmen year in the national semifinal. Geno knew enough to keep Paige in the game until she finally started making plays down the stretch, Ultimately Paige hit one of those legendary shots that we'll all be talking about for years to come, on a bad ankle.
- UConn really needs to play and learn from games like this if they are to have a chance to advance deep into the Big Dance. Let’s hope they learned a lot tonight.