Tina Charles and the Mercury agreed to go separate ways.!!!! | The Boneyard

Tina Charles and the Mercury agreed to go separate ways.!!!!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but these items keep popping up on Facebook. Just think Boneyarders would like to be kept in the loop. Let me know if you don't want bad news.

BREAKING: The Phoenix Mercury and center Tina Charles have agreed to terms on a contract divorce, effective immediately, the team said.
General Manager Jim Pitman: “After discussions with Tina and her agent, it was best for both parties to go our separate ways at this time.”

1656184699899.png

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
This is very odd. She doesn’t seem to stick anywhere despite obvious talent. You don’t just do this middle of season unless there is a massive problem with said player….
Other UConn superstars, Taurasi, Bird, Moore, Stewart, all played on one team their entire career. This is Tina's fourth team. It feels like she is chasing a Championship, which has eluded her so far. The Mercury really miss BG.

Reaction Score
Other UConn superstars, Taurasi, Bird, Moore, Stewart, all played on one team their entire career. This is Tina's fourth team. It feels like she is chasing a Championship, which has eluded her so far. The Mercury really miss BG.
In fairness to Tina, leaving Connecticut during the Anne Donovan years was completely understandable. And the Liberty was a dumpster fire when she left NY. I would have liked to see her stick with Washington and Mike Thibault though.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling that Tina wants a title and to play PF versus the punishment at C with her age... with no BG, maybe she thinks those two things are off the table so maybe back to Mystics? Maybe Minnesota? Or maybe back to NY since I think Brondello was the coach when she signed in Phoenix...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
In fairness to Tina, leaving Connecticut during the Anne Donovan years was completely understandable. And the Liberty was a dumpster fire when she left NY. I would have liked to see her stick with Washington and Mike Thibault though.
I'm pretty sure the Mystics chose not to re-sign Tina.

Reaction Score
was pretty obvious she was going to Seattle, idk if I would want her if I'm them tho. Isn't this her 5th team in 8 seasons?

Reaction Score
What’s the best landing spot for her?
For my selfish reasons I would say the Aces. Maybe the best chance to win a title, and the Aces need more bench production. A three big rotation of Wilson, Hamby and Charles would be sweet.

Reaction Score
This is very odd. She doesn’t seem to stick anywhere despite obvious talent. You don’t just do this middle of season unless there is a massive problem with said player….

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom