Tim Boyle likely to start for Lions on Sunday. | The Boneyard

Tim Boyle likely to start for Lions on Sunday.

Reaction Score
Of course, some BYers would prefer that Whitmer get the start against the Browns. Best of luck to the young man who has scraped out a pretty decent NFL career carrying the clipboard.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Best of luck to the kid. It's too bad the Lions are awful and their OLine resembles ours in terms of their ability to protect the QB. I'll be firing up the Browns DST tomorrow in all my fantasy lineups.....sorry Tim.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to the young man. I hope he succeeds. But he can go on to be all-pro and it wouldn’t change the fact that he was not good while he was at UConn.

Reaction Score
It's the coaches; fault wherever he went. You don't play in the NFL by accident. He always had the ability but had absolutely no support from coaches.

Reaction Score
Not all Lions fans are giddy about it but maybe they'll be pleasantly surprised.

Reaction Score
Of course, some BYers would prefer that Whitmer get the start against the Browns. Best of luck to the young man who has scraped out a pretty decent NFL career carrying the clipboard.

Nobody can take a beating like Whitmer though. He's still in a bacta tank healing from his time at UConn though. Also he is a vegetable.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Goff is likely out for the Thanksgiving Day game too so depending on how Tim does, he'll likely start on Thanksgiving too. That's a pretty cool thing to be able to say he did, besides saying he started an NFL game LOL.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i always liked this guy and found it very interesting that the packers first picked him up. they're pretty good at the qb eval thing. now, he gives me a bit of the ko nba career vibe, which can lead to a good sized bank account. what's this, year 4 of his career? looks like this season will put a few mil in his pocket.
is he starting nfl good? idk, but with a good performance or three, he could push the 'find something else to do' thing further out into the future.
and as far as that nfl 'gm/coach/ownership' lazerlike talent to be better than, oh, idk, some guy at the bar, nope.*
but hey, sam darnold is the next big thing, or so i was told. good thing i thought the exact opposite, from day one.
'After just nine games in a Panthers uniform, it has become clear that Sam Darnold is not the long-term solution, or even short-term solution for that matter, for Carolina. Darnold had many including myself fooled earlier this season,'

(* that adrien guy here knows as much, if not more, aboot cbb, than anyone i have read or listened to in the 'professional' class.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i always liked this guy and found it very interesting that the packers first picked him up. they're pretty good at the qb eval thing. now, he gives me a bit of the ko nba career vibe, which can lead to a good sized bank account. what's this, year 4 of his career? looks like this season will put a few mil in his pocket.
is he starting nfl good? idk, but with a good performance or three, he could push the 'find something else to do' thing further out into the future.
and as far as that nfl 'gm/coach/ownership' lazerlike talent to be better than, oh, idk, some guy at the bar, nope.*
but hey, sam darnold is the next big thing, or so i was told. good thing i thought the exact opposite, from day one.
'After just nine games in a Panthers uniform, it has become clear that Sam Darnold is not the long-term solution, or even short-term solution for that matter, for Carolina. Darnold had many including myself fooled earlier this season,'

(* that adrien guy here knows as much, if not more, aboot cbb, than anyone i have read or listened to in the 'professional' class.)
Curtis Painter and Nathan Peterman are good proof that NFL QB talent evaluators can get it wrong. That being said, the Boyle story is still bizarre.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

'carrying the clipboard.'

'He got the action, he got the motion
Oh yeah, the boy can play,
Dedication, devotion,'

was thinking 'money for nuthin' to begin, but this one has nice fb pix.
sumbody sumwhere once said that '90% of success is just showing up.'
tru dat.
South-Park-Timmy!!!.jpg

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Curtis Painter and Nathan Peterman are good proof that NFL QB talent evaluators can get it wrong. That being said, the Boyle story is still bizarre.
Bizarre is a good word for it. He couldn't start at UConn but he can start in the NFL.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That's it @Palatine look away!!!!

15-23 for 77 yards. No TDs and 2 picks.

Deandre Swift was the offense.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
That's it @Palatine look away!!!!

15-23 for 77 yards. No TDs and 2 picks.

Deandre Swift was the offense.
selective reporting. they lost by a field goal, on the road. for a winless team to have a chance to win with time running down, im gonna give timmy a 'no harm, no foul' rating for this one.

Reaction Score
Interviewed a young man this spring who had played high school football with him at Xavier (and the coach’s son who walked on here and was an up man in our punt formation for two years). We spoke about how strange it was that he was now in the NFL. As I said before, I wish him well but he can become an All Pro and it won’t change for a moment how poor he was when he was here. And since other QBs were better than him with the same coaching, thinking it was all on the coaches is really silly

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom