Throw tomatoes at Adub part XII | The Boneyard

Throw tomatoes at Adub part XII

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Sound checking right now palace theater in Waterbury, on at 7 pm . Cheap tickets. Great band after us. Beautiful room. Please make sure fruit items are past ripe. I bruise easily.

2DE58A53-9AEE-4563-BB41-A3E3AF2E7F17.jpeg

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You couldn't have given us a few days notice?

This would have been the perfect opportunity to bombard you with all of the ingredients needed to make ketchup.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe that theater sat empty for two decades. Amazing room now. The list of concerts from the 1970's is amazing.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Never been. Only thing I know about it is I had tix to see Be Bop Deluxe there in 1978 on the Drastic Plastic tour. They cancelled day of performance, citing that the stage was too canted for their equipment. Looks like it's pretty level now.

I never did see Be Bop Deluxe.

Reaction Score
This is something i wish i knew about in advance i’d have made the trip from upstate ny.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I was a Palace Theatre in Port Chester fan (Stamford Branch) The pic is deja vu

Reaction Score
I have great memories from the Palace Theater in Waterbury back in the day. I saw a great vintage King Crimson show there, Larks Tongue in Aspic tour with John Wetton as frontman, but I had to endure Black Oak Arkansas as an opening act, the worst professional band I ever saw ( I have seen a few!)
Rivaling that show was Zappa with Ruth Underwood on percussion and that Napoleon Murphy Brock guy singing everything that Frank didn't sing. Great vintage Frank at the height of his powers.
I've seen both those acts before and since, but these are two very memorable performances. Somehow I had great seats at both!

Reaction Score
How was the show, @August_West?

I haven't been to Waterbury often, but I've enjoyed the times I've been there: most of the times were right after college. I believe I saw a dual piano thing in the lobby of The Palace and I went to the Brass City Brew Fest in 2009 or 2010. The weekend before our wedding, my wife was part of an art exhibit at the Mattatuck, which is a heck of a museum for the size of the city.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Gee, if I knew I'd have stopped by on my way to having to take the girl to her annual DMB throwdown. At least I would have heard some good music. See you at Phil 7/1?

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I am pretty sure the Grateful Dead played the Waterbury Palace . Only thing I ever saw there was a Hendrix tribute about 10 years ago. Buddy Guy, Jonny Lang, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Dweezil Zappa, Doyle Bramhall, Eric Johnson, Bootsy Collins, Ana Popovic and Billy Cox. Awesome show.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Stomped at Brass Horse, Vasi's, Downtown and Boru's quite a bit myself in a former life.
Brass Horse! Visited there many times.

The place I really miss is D'Amelio's Deli on the West End.

Ham, salami, and capicola with roasted peppers and provolone on their homemade bread.

'Scuse me, sumthin got in my eye....

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Brass Horse is the only place I've actually eaten in Waterbury. Business lunch, and I wasn't the one paying. Never went to Waterbury unless I had to :eek:

Reaction Score
I went to my first concerts at the Waterbury Palace in 1974. Just a young lad in high school. Quite an eye opening experience. I saw Steely Dan in April and then a week later Mott the Hoople and Queen in May. Mott the Hoople was the bigger name at the time. Concert tickets were $6 and I believe I bought them at LaSalles Music in West Hartford. Just paper tickets at the time.

Here are some other shows at the Palace. Pink Floyd was there in 1973.

As far as eating in Waterbury, the only place I frequented was Milite Bakery in Waterbury for their bread. One of my first girlfriends and dormmates from UConn were from Waterbury. And of course Blackie's for hot dogs just down the road in Cheshire.

Reaction Score
I went to my first concerts at the Waterbury Palace in 1974. Just a young lad in high school. Quite an eye opening experience. I saw Steely Dan in April and then a week later Mott the Hoople and Queen in May. Mott the Hoople was the bigger name at the time. Concert tickets were $6 and I believe I bought them at LaSalles Music in West Hartford. Just paper tickets at the time.

Here are some other shows at the Palace. Pink Floyd was there in 1973.

As far as eating in Waterbury, the only place I frequented was Milite Bakery in Waterbury for their bread. One of my first girlfriends and dormmates from UConn were from Waterbury. And of course Blackie's for hot dogs just down the road in Cheshire.
I forgot about that early Steely Dan show at the Palace! I was at that too. And probably a bunch more I'm forgetting...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Never gotten out of (or even stopped) the car in Waterbury. Can’t spoil that perfect record. Nice room. Hope it was a great show.

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure the Grateful Dead played the Waterbury Palace . Only thing I ever saw there was a Hendrix tribute about 10 years ago. Buddy Guy, Jonny Lang, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Dweezil Zappa, Doyle Bramhall, Eric Johnson, Bootsy Collins, Ana Popovic and Billy Cox. Awesome show.
Yes, the Dead played ther in '73...I was there but needless to say, I do not remember much of it...

I also went to the UConn Waterbury branch there in the fall of '68 before xfering to Storrs in the spring....the branch was a very strange experience...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom