Three Favorite Cities for a Long Weekend Visit | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Three Favorite Cities for a Long Weekend Visit

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was kinda hoping you'd go to Home Depot, then head to Providence and stage your own Waterfire :D
I told my wife last night that I wanted to bring the Solo Stove for bonfires now, even though the place didn't have a porch or yard for our use. I was kidding of course, but I wanted to get a rise out of her, which I did.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
In my habit of considering the source, I'm going to take this as a sign that I made the right choice in booking Newport.

Ah, well.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ah, well.
I’m considering it a win that you don’t get to revel in the misery I was heading for.

I may never set foot in Newport again.

Reaction Score
Well their data is virtually identical to CTs. So I'd be curious what that data is.

There's talk that Jersey may develop an in-State quarentine list by county. For the most part, things have calmed down in Northern Jersey (Bergen, Passaic, Hudson, Morris, Essex, and Union counties); but, several Shore counties (Ocean, Atlantic) are spiking, likley due to the summer beach crowds, and are above the threshold that would put them on the tri-state's quarantine list if they were not part of Jersey.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There's talk that Jersey may develop an in-State quarentine list by county. For the most part, things have calmed down in Northern Jersey (Bergen, Passaic, Hudson, Morris, Essex, and Union counties); but, several Shore counties (Ocean, Atlantic) are spiking, likley due to the summer beach crowds, and are above the threshold that would put them on the tri-state's quarantine list if they were not part of Jersey.
By county makes more sense than by state imo.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
By county makes more sense than by state imo.

Vermont does something like this. It's still kind of arbitrary really. But it makes a little more sense.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Vermont does something like this. It's still kind of arbitrary really. But it makes a little more sense.
Yes, that's where I first heard about it. We have several friends with kids who are students at UVM, and UVM's quarantine rules for returning students were based on the Covid data within their county of residence, rather than their state.

As you note, it still creates some arbitrary results. For example, we live less than a hundred yards from the neighboring county, Middlesex, which has much lower numbers because it is much less dense and contains no major cities, but our neighbors' daughter who goes to UVM had to quarantine longer based on New Haven County numbers.

But still better for the kids from counties within the state that have lower numbers.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yes, that's where I first heard about it. We have several friends with kids who are students at UVM, and UVM's quarantine rules for returning students were based on the Covid data within their county of residence, rather than their state.

As you note, it still creates some arbitrary results. For example, we live less than a hundred yards from the neighboring county, Middlesex, which has much lower numbers because it is much less dense and contains no major cities, but our neighbors' daughter who goes to UVM had to quarantine longer based on New Haven County numbers.

But still better for the kids from counties within the state that have lower numbers.

That's why I mentioned it. I'm in Norfolk, which is medium high, but that's because it extends up through Quincy and some more dense areas. Meanwhile I'm in the very last town the opposite direction and literally on the town line. But partly that's because it is such a weirdly shaped county.

Vermont is really pretty closed up by the way. Seemingly even more than MA, which is shocking. It has just about the best COVID results on the planet.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Kansas City is continually underrated, but also Denver and Pittsburgh.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Kansas City is continually underrated, but also Denver and Pittsburgh.

The transformation of KC has been astounding really. Some of the best city planning and management I've observed. People are noticing.

linked in.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom