Three days in Chicago: Where should we stay? What should we do? What should we eat and drink? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Three days in Chicago: Where should we stay? What should we do? What should we eat and drink?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In the name of science, I think I need to at least taste it.
You know the rules. Just one bite.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I'm flying in to CT for my HS reunion tomorrow. Flights into Hartford from Chicago are horrible. I'm golfing with my buddies at Fairview Farms tomorrow at noon. The only way to make the tee time and not have to fly in on Thursday night is to fly in to Boston at the crack of dawn. I'm flying Avelo home Sunday late afternoon. So, I'm traveling by air in and out of Connecticut and not using Bradley. First time that has happened for me.

Reaction Score
Resurrecting this thread as I'm in the same boat as 8993 except I'm leaving the Mrs. behind. Everyone I spoke to said to definitely stay in River North or at least close to the River. Is that the consensus from the Chicagoans here as well? I'm going to be going in April so definitely am going to score a ticket to Wrigley. Any other must do's while in the city?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Resurrecting this thread as I'm in the same boat as 8993 except I'm leaving the Mrs. behind. Everyone I spoke to said to definitely stay in River North or at least close to the River. Is that the consensus from the Chicagoans here as well? I'm going to be going in April so definitely am going to score a ticket to Wrigley. Any other must do's while in the city?

River north is great for you. Chicago hint. If you dont need to plan, there is no better city than Chicago for the Hotels tonight app. I go there frequently as the last leg of business trips and never book ahead of time and have had some of the greatest 4 and 5 star hotel stays for under 200 a night on the day of bookings (hotels tonight is only worth it for day of, the rest is bunk) in Chicago than the rest of country combined.

Gene and Georgetti. Shrimp DeJonghe

Reaction Score
River north is great for you. Chicago hint. If you dont need to plan, there is no better city than Chicago for the Hotels tonight app. I go there frequently as the last leg of business trips and never book ahead of time and have had some of the greatest 4 and 5 star hotel stays for under 200 a night on the day of bookings (hotels tonight is only worth it for day of, the rest is bunk) in Chicago than the rest of country combined.

Gene and Georgetti. Shrimp DeJonghe

Ty! August, have you trekked up to Chicago Music Exchange? I'm a guitarist as well and am wondering if its worth going up there.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Boog, being a musician you have to go check out some blues. Kingston Mines is iconic, Buddy Guys Legends is reliably good and check out who is at the House of Blues not a blues bar per se but they get some good acts there. I'm heading into the City tonight to catch an excellent Zep cover band at HOB. Augy the guitarist isn't sloppy like Jimmy:) If your going to a baseball game bring some warm clothes. You can use the CTA to get to Cubs and Sox games very easily. Tons of things to do just go back through the thread. I'm not a musician so I have never been there but Chicago Music Exchange is walking distance from Wrigley. You can do both on the same day.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Boog, being a musician you have to go check out some blues. Kingston Mines is iconic, Buddy Guys Legends is reliably good and check out who is at the House of Blues not a blues bar per se but they get some good acts there. I'm heading into the City tonight to catch an excellent Zep cover band at HOB. Augy the guitarist isn't sloppy like Jimmy:) If your going to a baseball game bring some warm clothes. You can use the CTA to get to Cubs and Sox games very easily. Tons of things to do just go back through the thread. I'm not a musician so I have never been there but Chicago Music Exchange is walking distance from Wrigley. You can do both on the same day.
Or don't be a mere tourist :cool:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I could be mixing this up with another place but as I recall it comes in patty form and is basically an agglomeration of various pieces of meat and fat from the face. I was sort of hoping for a braised head to be delivered to me to pick at but it wasn't that if I'm remembering the right dish.
I missed this reply first time around. We must have dinner together some time. My screen saver is a calf's head dish I had at Le Grand Véfour in Paris.

1677265036861.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom