Thoughts on Zion/Cam/RJ | The Boneyard

Thoughts on Zion/Cam/RJ

Reaction Score
Watched the Duke/UK game tonight and it was great to see Uk get wiped all over the floor but of course i couldnt fully enjoy it as it was Duke after all. Got a real good look at the big 3 and in a word, scary! This is their first game of the season and theyre obviously going to get better and better as the season goes on as most teams do but as individual players it is scary to think where these guys are going to be by the time March rolls around.

Now Cam Reddish looks like he would be one of if not the best frosh in the country if he werent on a team with two super studs freshhmen. Cam is impressive but just looks like your typical elite freshman one n done type guy we see every season but Barrett and Zion look insanely good. They look like NBA players on a college team. Both these guys have no business playing in college and would be able to put up 30 on any given night in the league right now.

Zion is a poor mans Lebron skill wise but a better athlete. A human being thats his size that moves the way he does should not exist. He took 13 shots and nearly scored 30 without breaking a sweat. He deferred to Barrett and his teamates most of the night. Zion kind of reminds me of a mix of Charles/Mashburn/Lebron. He posted up a couple times tonight and scored easily and when he figures out tha there isnt a guy who can guard him in the post in the country this part of his game is going to be unstoppable at this level.

Barrett was compared to Harden and thats pretty much spot on except hes a little longer, quicker and more athletic while nowhere the shooter at this point. He`ll get better because the stroke is pretty smooth. He has a bunch of moves and is aggressive going to the basket and handles the ball effortlessly. everything he does seems smooth and effortless. I think this kid is going to win a scoring title in the NBA someday

Not impressed with either defensively but you could see the ability to defend when they wanted to. Its late and this is a bit of a rant but i had to post my thoughts because that was impressive.

Reaction Score
Didn’t see the game but the highlights. There was a lot of big talent on the floor on both sides but this guy looked like he was on a different level from them and it’s his first game. He’s a physical freak in athleticism but can shoot and use both hands around the rim, jump out of the building, defend everything. Question. Is he going to be better than LeBron? it sure seems like he could be. The other question would be who can stop Duke with Zion on their roster?

Reaction Score
Agree with everything you're saying. Bolden looked good too. That is a scary team.

Reaction Score
Didn’t see the game but the highlights. There was a lot of big talent on the floor on both sides but this guy looked like he was on a different level from them and it’s his first game. He’s a physical freak in athleticism but can shoot and use both hands around the rim, jump out of the building, defend everything. Question. Is he going to be better than LeBron? it sure seems like he could be. The other question would be who can stop Duke with Zion on their roster?

This take is not good. Zion is an instagram athlete. Barrett is the better player. The chances of coming close to Lebrons stratosphere is miniscule

Reaction Score
This take is not good. Zion is an instagram athlete. Barrett is the better player. The chances of coming close to Lebrons stratosphere is miniscule
As much as already talking about Zion being better than Lebron is unwarranted, the same can be said for calling Zion just an "instagram athlete". That's severely underselling his basketball skills.

Reaction Score
He's an amazing college player as of now no doubt. They all are on the Duke side, already coached up pretty well not as much on the other side. But Zion is still not tall and I could care less about how strong he is in the NBA if you're 6'5 you better be a lights out shooter because you're not bullying people in the next level. Looks like he can shoot it better than they're saying but this is a long season, for him and Barrett. Reddish is a shooter and a damn good one too.

Quite the payroll at Duke. If the '99 team had Blazers from what we hear can't imagine what this team is driving in Durham.

Reaction Score
Watching this game, early this morning, scary is the right way to sum it all up!! Duke's Big 3 is lethal!!

Reaction Score
As much as already talking about Zion being better than Lebron is unwarranted, the same can be said for calling Zion just an "instagram athlete". That's severely underselling his basketball skills.

He has some high level skills, no doubt. But he's way overrated, especially by kids, because of his dunks

Reaction Score
In a word: unreal.

Duke is looking at an undefeated season.

Reaction Score
He has some high level skills, no doubt. But he's way overrated, especially by kids, because of his dunks

I dislike Duke as much as the next guy, but in college Zion is not overrated. He really was being a team player last night and did what he did. Didn't have to try all that hard. Barrett is and was way more aggressive and REAL good too. Cam is awesome as well. I really hate Duke.

Reaction Score
He's an amazing college player as of now no doubt. They all are on the Duke side, already coached up pretty well not as much on the other side. But Zion is still not tall and I could care less about how strong he is in the NBA if you're 6'5 you better be a lights out shooter because you're not bullying people in the next level. Looks like he can shoot it better than they're saying but this is a long season, for him and Barrett. Reddish is a shooter and a damn good one too.

Quite the payroll at Duke. If the '99 team had Blazers from what we hear can't imagine what this team is driving in Durham.
he’s listed at 6’7” and at his age could still grow some. LeBron is listed at 6’8”.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

Don't do this...Lebron doesn't get injured and we don't even know if Zion will finish his first NBA season.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

What are you talking about he's 6 7... and he is 18.. He'll play the 4 in the NBA.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
That game was hard to watch, neither team played defense very few sets were run, it honestly looked like a high school all star game...Duke got an early lead and Kentucky gave up. Barrett was the best player on the floor. Duke will be a problem, but still only one game

Reaction Score
LeBron is 6’7” barefeet height listed and i have no idea what position Zion will play or how tall he’ll ultimately get to. I only asked the question could he be. LeBron’s shooting skills were much worse coming in to the NBA. He seems to be a major talent, but time will tell.

Reaction Score
Based on what I saw last night, I think we definitely want to avoid playing Duke until the NC game, then we can "shock the world."

Reaction Score
What are you talking about he's 6 7... and he is 18.. He'll play the 4 in the NBA.

Because that's what's on the sheet? LOL he's not. But whatever not worth the back and forth. He's not playing PF in the NBA right now but he is only 18 and can grow hope he does.

Even thought they're on Duke I admit they're really good. But let's look hard at the defense Kentucky played, or should I say tried to play. They were dreadful at best, men were wide open all the time, lane was free of defenders a lot. I was half a sleep so not all in even my opinion. I know Bolden is really good too and White kid is a really nice basketball player. Dukes really good, they must be driving Cayennes on the campus now.

Reaction Score
For farks sake pump the brakes on the comparisons. I watched 5 minutes and am generally intrigued by Zion & Barrett, fine for it to occur this year when UConn has no title aspirations. But after 1 game comparisons to the 2nd best player of all time are the premature ejaculations of 15yr olds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom