This thread is hilarious | Page 7 | The Boneyard

This thread is hilarious

Reaction Score
Repeated denial doesn't make it less true. What part of building a program and selling countless more season tickets don't you like?
Oh I like all of that, it’s awesome. Love being back in the Big East. Not sure what that has to do with the level of recruit willing to play for our program in the AAC.

Reaction Score
What is the link to their forum? Thanks in advance. Also, taking suggestions for a screen name ...lol.
I‘d try BannedAnySecond for a screenname, because that’s what will happen. They are very, very sensitive over there, have been for 20 years. They do not take kindly to actual reality being introduced into the alternate reality they’ve created for themselves.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
1596910530525.png

#unintentionallyironicpost from the "cuse lurker in chief.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I am genuinely confused about what pedigree Syracuse fans think their basketball program has. I’m not gonna sit here and say they suck and they’re a garbage program because that would be disingenuous. They’ve had success. But how anyone could look at Syracuse and UConn for the past 30 years and think UConn doesn’t have more success is out of their minds.

Also, there is nothing I would trade 4 championships for 1 for. Nothing. That guy is out of his mind.
There is absolutely something I would trade 4 championships to 1 for.

Actually several things. 5, 6, 7, dot dot dot.

As much as I like the sound of 4>1, 5>1 or 6>1 sound even better. Added bonus is we don’t change Tyler 2 > Syracuse 1.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I am genuinely confused about what pedigree Syracuse fans think their basketball program has. I’m not gonna sit here and say they suck and they’re a garbage program because that would be disingenuous. They’ve had success. But how anyone could look at Syracuse and UConn for the past 30 years and think UConn doesn’t have more success is out of their minds.

Also, there is nothing I would trade 4 championships for 1 for. Nothing. That guy is out of his mind.
Have to say I've always thought this too. I'm very confused about which metrics they use to determine they were a top notch program for any period. Definitely a solid program for a good amount of time, but never top tier.

OldBosd

BBQ Beer Freedom!!!
Reaction Score
There is absolutely something I would trade 4 championships to 1 for.

Actually several things. 5, 6, 7, dot dot dot.

As much as I like the sound of 4>1, 5>1 or 6>1 sound even better. Added bonus is we don’t change Tyler 2 > Syracuse 1.

How about if Drew Hurley had as many championships as Tyler Olander?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
How about if Drew Hurley had as many championships as Tyler Olander?
I would be thrilled if five years from now some Cuse fan smack talked us with TO 2 > DH 1 in response to TO 2 > Cuse 1.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
@Waquoit is spot on. We could not compete nationally in the AAC because we could not compete in recruiting in the AAC. Anyone who thinks we could have succeeded in the American, despite the conference, either doesn’t watch college hoops, needs their head checked, or both.

Reaction Score
@Waquoit is spot on. We could not compete nationally in the AAC because we could not compete in recruiting in the AAC. Anyone who thinks we could have succeeded in the American, despite the conference, either doesn’t watch college hoops, needs their head checked, or both.
When you say we couldn‘t compete in recruiting in the AAC, what are you basing that on? Because it can’t be the recruits we got in the AAC. You know Akok, Bouknight, and Gaffney all signed up to play in the AAC right?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
That talk more about being in the ACC than they do about their history lol. Shows how much they have to go off of. They act like being in the ACC is why they’re better than us. GT and BC are also in the ACC. It’s like being the skinniest kid at fat camp

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
When you say we couldn‘t compete in recruiting in the AAC, what are you basing that on? Because it can’t be the recruits we got in the AAC. You know Akok, Bouknight, and Gaffney all signed up to play in the AAC right?
I’m saying long-term, it’s harder to recruit in the AAC than in the BE. We would have lost more recruits in the long run than we would have gained. No rational person can argue this, despite Hurley picking up Akok Bouk and Gaff.

Reaction Score
I’m saying long-term, it’s harder to recruit in the AAC than in the BE. We would have lost more recruits in the long run than we would have gained. No rational person can argue this, despite Hurley picking up Akok Bouk and Gaff.
Yeah it’s harder, just not that much harder. Conference is way more important to fans than recruits. You can look at both Ollie and Hurley‘s results in the AAC and see that. Nothing you’re saying is really based in fact, which is why you’ve decided it would happen in the imaginary future world you’ve created.

Hurley got a great class in his first year and if he started winning and putting players in the league recruiting would only get better not worse.

We’re in a much better situation now, but I don’t get why people have created this bizarre narrative that we couldn‘t get good recruits because of the AAC. It’s delusional.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Yeah it’s harder, just not that much harder. Conference is way more important to fans than recruits. You can look at both Ollie and Hurley‘s results in the AAC and see that. Nothing you’re saying is really based in fact, which is why you’ve decided it would happen in the imaginary future world you’ve created.

Hurley got a great class in his first year and if he started winning and putting players in the league recruiting would only get better not worse.

We’re in a much better situation now, but I don’t get why people have created this bizarre narrative that we couldn‘t get good recruits because of the AAC. It’s delusional.
Tough, tough sledding but I respect your fortitude.

Reaction Score

Hurley got 3 great classes in his 3 classes at UConn. Ollie got one class that was ranked incredibly high but it was filled with injured players and guys he didn't have to beat out stout competition for. The class turned out to he a huge bust and his other classes sucked.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score

Ok, answer these 2 questions. Each question ONLY requires a ONE WORD answer.

1) Is it harder or easier to recruit when you play in the BE vs. the AAC?
a-easier
b-harder

2) Long-term and overall, are the quality of recruits likely to be better or worse when playing in the BE vs. the AAC?
a-better
b-worse

Reaction Score
Ok, answer these 2 questions. Each question ONLY requires a ONE WORD answer.

1) Is it harder or easier to recruit when you play in the BE vs. the AAC?
a-easier
b-harder

2) Long-term and overall, are the quality of recruits likely to be better or worse when playing in the BE vs. the AAC?
a-better
b-worse

You moved the goal posts.

This is what your said originally.
We could not compete nationally in the AAC because we could not compete in recruiting in the AAC. Anyone who thinks we could have succeeded in the American, despite the conference, either doesn’t watch college hoops, needs their head checked, or both.

They're s difference between it being easier and it being possible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom