This thread is hilarious | Page 6 | The Boneyard

This thread is hilarious

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He never filled out a roster the entire time he was here and he was always scrambling around to fill multiple spots in late Spring. He had whole classes that did nothing, you can't make it that way in big boy college basketball. Hurley and staff have a plan and they're executing it to a T.
You're on a roll so I feel a little guilty to have to disagree with you but the addition of the "AHS" as in Lasan Kromah and Amida Brimah with a garnish of TSam were exactly the players needed to fill out the roster for that 2014 team.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This is priceless. I'd much play in Raleigh than the Garden. Lol.

This isn’t 1985.

“Regional rivalries” mean what exactly? What has St. Johns, Seton Hall and Providence done? I get it’s better than the AAC; and Nova has been tremendous. But the Big East is largely a better basketball conference than the AAC (not including Nova) because of the mid-western, non-traditional BE schools - Xavier, Marquette, Creighton. But yeah... there’s no conversation between that crew and Duke, UNC, UVA, Louisville, FSU, etc.

Football money + much better basketball = easy choice. I could give a F about playing freaking Seton Hall.

We’ve had some tremendous games against Duke over the years; UVA too. And I'd rather play NC State than St Johns. I mean it’s not even close.
I'd love for UConn to have the money. But a preference for Raleigh over the Garden? Must be Cuse nation has recognized UConn is NYC's team.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
1596837375557.png

Our favorite 'cuse stalker, strikes again.

Reaction Score
0490F33C-176D-45EA-ACA5-743A3440BF47.jpeg

They are so *king stupid. As a basketball fan, I root for The Huskies. They have to look at the entirety of their athletic department to pretend to compete with our basketball program. And it still doesn’t add up. If we were to compare athletic departments, without even looking, I’m sure we surpass the fruit in total national championships. And for duck’s sake, why wouldn’t you want be relevant in March? I’ll bet they really cherish their 25-0 shirts. That was a helluva season.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Did someone from Quse call Storrs a dump? Their whole city looks like a old communist - half populated -slightly radioactive Eastern European town.
Hella spot on!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It is astonishing how bitter and obsessed with us they are. Well, I guess I get it. I think they thought they would go into the ACC and it would be like in the old Big East at least eventually. They now know it’s not and it won’t ever be. Heck, it’s not even like the old ACC anymore. The league really has lost its identity. On the plus side though, they do you have the financial stability from the conferences ESPN deal. It’s a good thing overall but it probably doesn’t help much as they lose one recruiting battle after another and are stuck watching Boeheim play his kid undeserved minutes. Personally, I look forward to more seasons of “Buddy ball” and more off-season whining and rationalizations about lost recruits. It is entertaining.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
View attachment 57423
They are so *king stupid. As a basketball fan, I root for The Huskies. They have to look at the entirety of their athletic department to pretend to compete with our basketball program. And it still doesn’t add up. If we were to compare athletic departments, without even looking, I’m sure we surpass the fruit in total national championships. And for duck’s sake, why wouldn’t you want be relevant in March? I’ll bet they really cherish their 25-0 shirts. That was a helluva season.
It’s 4>>>1 :cool:

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
Theres no way to justify the stupidity of the take. It makes no sense. Sure our first title is special but the other 3 were just as awesome to experience and id absolutely love 4 more!!! I don't believe for one second that bs story about a friend being a Sox fan and not as excited about winning WS #2 and #3 in recent years. Laughably pathetic attempt at downplaying 4 titles.
I can confirm that #4 might actually have been the best Moment of my life to that point. This guy fails to recognize, because he's a syracuse fan, That championships in 99, 04, 11, and 14 allowed a significant portion of the student population to physically see a championship while they were student.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I can confirm that #4 might actually have been the best Moment of my life to that point. This guy fails to recognize, because he's a syracuse fan, That championships in 99, 04, 11, and 14 allowed a significant portion of the student population to physically see a championship while they were student.
Believe me he recognizes IT! They all do. They just can’t admit it.

From your avatar and title I would guess you were friends with Phil while at school.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But when some guy commits and then people post "this would never happen if we were still in the AAC", that is not factual, it is some bizarre revisionist history that misrepresents our recruiting in the AAC.
No, it's not. None of these guys gives us a sniff in the AAC. Anyone who says the AAC was not that bad misrepresents our time there. It was Shawshank.

Reaction Score
No, it's not. None of these guys gives us a sniff in the AAC. Anyone who says the AAC was not that bad misrepresents our time there. It was Shawshank.
That‘s not factually accurate, but not surprising coming from you.

Reaction Score
What good is the extra ACC money if you lose and become irrelevant?

That's their proclamation, it's better to lose and have more money. They actually state that over and over.

OldBosd

BBQ Beer Freedom!!!
Reaction Score
What good is the extra ACC money if you lose and become irrelevant?

That's their proclamation, it's better to lose and have more money. They actually state that over and over.

They ought to broadcast the SU president cashing the ACC check on a big screen in front of a full Dome.

Its a poor excuse for an extra 3 national championships but it's making lemonade out of a bitter orange.

Reaction Score
Now this is hilarious. They think they’re going to develop a rivalry with the best team in the ACC and one of the best teams in the nation? Hahaha. Virginia is 6-2 against Cuse in ACC play.

They have no rivalries in the ACC outside of Pitt. I live in the heart of ACC country, I promise you no one even thinks about Cuse in the ACC. It’s all about UVA, Duke, UNC, State, Louisville, Wake, Clemson, FSU etc. No one cares about Cuse in the ACC in football or basketball. They’re solid enough to make the tournament, but they aren’t cracking the top 6 in the ACC.
351873A1-C4FC-406C-AADE-72BB5176CD6E.jpeg

Reaction Score
They ought to broadcast the SU president cashing the ACC check on a big screen in front of a full Dome.

Its a poor excuse for an extra 3 national championships but it's making lemonade out of a bitter orange.

Yea I was gonna say, what's the point of rooting for your sports program?

Go grab some lawn chairs, park them in front of the finance office and cheer as people go in and out.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I am genuinely confused about what pedigree Syracuse fans think their basketball program has. I’m not gonna sit here and say they suck and they’re a garbage program because that would be disingenuous. They’ve had success. But how anyone could look at Syracuse and UConn for the past 30 years and think UConn doesn’t have more success is out of their minds.

Also, there is nothing I would trade 4 championships for 1 for. Nothing. That guy is out of his mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom