This season’s most daunting opponent? This season! | The Boneyard

This season’s most daunting opponent? This season!

Reaction Score
Number 4 SC just barely beat LSU, #1 Louisville is losing in the fourth quarter to Wake Forest, former #1 Stanford has lost 2 consecutive games, and #12 Kentucky is being dominated by #25 Tennessee! Perhaps we are being a little harsh with our expectations of our own team? I think it is becoming more and more clear as this nightmare of a season lurches forward that our (everyone’s) most formidable foe is the season itself! Probably been said better already by some posters but I think all of this has rendered any kind of objective analysis pretty moot.

Reaction Score
The season has something to do with it for sure but the fact is there are more good players to go around and the quality of coaching around WCBB has just gotten much better. Look at Tennessee; Coach Harper was very blunt in her assessment of the choice Tennessee had in the aftermath of the tough loss to Uconn and obviously they chose to move forward.

Reaction Score
I’m guilty. Weird year. These girls need our support. Can’t be easy. All teams seem to be affected.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think all teams are suffering from a lack of flow to their season - this is not just in games played but also in life off the court. There is nothing normal about this season, and expecting teams to build the 'normal momentum' for their season in an abnormal year is unrealistic.

FYI Michigan has had to at least pause all athletic activity for 14 days as they have detected a case of the British variant of the virus within the department - not a school choice, mandated by the state.

Reaction Score
These three would be the toughest opponents for UConn now and the first two will be for the toughest opponents over the next three seasons........

1. Stanford
2. South Carolina
3. Louisville

Reaction Score
The teams that were the ones last year SC, Baylor and Oregon have lost their best players and aren't that good without them. As far as UConn is concerned they are better because of who they lost. Walker hurt them last year and didn't show up for the big games. It will be a ride but I would put this UConn team up against anyone for a NC. It's anyones this year.

Reaction Score
In my opinion, the biggest opponent for the UConn women's Team is the UConn women's Team. If you glance at the sidelines and study Geno's hand, arm, head and body emotions as well as the words he speaks, you will see the frustration that he has that this Team has difficulty following his teaching and instructions from practice to playing. According to Geno, it surprising that they win. However, Geno is dealing with an abundance of talent. Talent that has heart and desire to win. And, we just saw that in the recent Tennessee game.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Clearly, there is no team that is far superior to all others; I'd say right now, South Carolina is playing the best but each of the top teams has looked fantastic at times and vulnerable at other times.

More than any year in recent memory, the national championship is really up for grabs. Cases could be made for Louisville, UCONN, NC State, South Carolina, Stanford, Baylor, and UCLA as title contenders. (I won't address the many comments that have been made on here that NC State is nothing but a pretender).

Long and short of it is...this year's NCAAT should be exciting -- and unpredictable.

Reaction Score
Its all going to come down to matchups and coaching. If Geno goes with his 2 big lineup against a team that can slow the UConn offense down to a half court game, we are in trouble.

Reaction Score
The teams that were the ones last year SC, Baylor and Oregon have lost their best players and aren't that good without them. As far as UConn is concerned they are better because of who they lost. Walker hurt them last year and didn't show up for the big games. It will be a ride but I would put this UConn team up against anyone for a NC. It's anyones this year.
Dislike Reaction GIF

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Clearly, there is no team that is far superior to all others; I'd say right now, South Carolina is playing the best but each of the top teams has looked fantastic at times and vulnerable at other times.

More than any year in recent memory, the national championship is really up for grabs. Cases could be made for Louisville, UCONN, NC State, South Carolina, Stanford, Baylor, and UCLA as title contenders. (I won't address the many comments that have been made on here that NC State is nothing but a pretender).

Long and short of it is...this year's NCAAT should be exciting -- and unpredictable.
I dont think NCST is a pretender. Culane is very good and NCST won yesterday without her. One problem this season is players are not focused and that is a direct result of the affect the virus has on the sport. Cancellation postponements travel unexpectedly and practices with no opponent in sight sometimes for 7-10 days

Reaction Score
Some great points here. I especially agree with the suggestion that we may all enjoy the rest of the season more if we adjust our expectations. The Covid times we live in are destructive in so many ways and we know that the toll is not just in physical illness but also in major stresses in our mental health.

I would pose that these stresses to EVERYONE'S mental health (our great Uconn women and our coaching staff are not immune) coupled with a ridiculous, constant disruption in practice/game schedule are having a massive cumulative effect on all WCBB!

I know many have pointed to more parity this year, but that doesn't explain how teams ranked 1,2, and 5# almost lost yesterday against unranked teams!!! Let's be real, we haven't reached that kind of parity!! That is a result in massive disruption and chaos created by this Covid world we live in.

So the next time our great women win by 6 when it should have been 15 or by 30 when it should have been 50, take a breath and appreciate how incredibly well our team is handling this pandemic!!! Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
Couldn't find anything to say because you know it's right.
Right, not all posts are liked, no need to reply...you normally reply to all the likes you get?

Reaction Score
Right, not all posts are liked, no need to reply...you normally reply to all the likes you get?
Only dislike ones when I'm right and the person really doesn't know what to say. There's no dislike buttons. So a thumbs down for a bright mind like yours is your only response,lol!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom