This game showed that all the… | The Boneyard

This game showed that all the…

Reaction Score
Andre makes a huge impact on the glass and on defense. His passing and ability to push the tempo after grabbing a board are valuable assets too. He is also a very good free throw shooter.

As the season goes on, he will become more comfortable with his 3 pointer and will improve his overall offensive game. Once that happens he will be an incredibly important player for UConn.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
AJ is an athlete first, a good passer second and a basketball player third. He showed today that he can sky and has a long reach. He made some nice passes but to be honest, he gets too many minutes. He is not an effective player in that he plays reactionary basketball rather than under control. He had how many goal tending calls and needless fouls after the player was making and easy score did he have today?
What I liked today was that he was active but as my son commented, it looks like there is something wrong with him because he doesn't look like he is mentally in the game.
He is a young sophomore and will be a 4 year player. He has to work on his handle in the open court, becoming comfortable with his 3 pt shot and taking the ball to the hoop under control while using the athleticism he has been blessed. I think he can and will become a more complete player. He isn't close to that yet.

…posters that were dissing Andre Jackson’s game don’t know basketball. Period.

BTW, as far as this statement above- there are posters on this board who have dissed AJ and many others who have forgotten more basketball than you will ever know

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don’t think Andre should have played 31 minutes today, especially so many overlapping with Tyrese. They both basically bring the same things at this point.

Jackson is our PG. If it wasn’t clear before today, it is now. I don’t see much overlap except that they are both great rebounders. Both play good D.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Jackson is our PG. If it wasn’t clear before today, it is now. I don’t see much overlap except that they are both great rebounders. Both play good D.
Jackson is our point guard? No, that’s RJ. Jackson is playing shooting guard, but he has a poor handle and is not a very good shooter. He is a great rebounder and flashy passer, but he had zero assists today.

He is a better prospect than Martin, but Martin is a better player right now and does all the things that Andre does better; and there is nothing Andre does that Martin doesn’t.

I don’t like either one of them playing the two.

Reaction Score
AJ is worth the investment, he's a unique athlete who will make the transition to really good basketball player, but not without giving him minutes. More minutes than the box score will justify for now.

Part of the problem is that we have so many players on the court who are not able to create their own offense. This is further magnified by Adama's lack of assists. He's such a talented scorer, but he's going to be seeing a lot of double-teams until he becomes a threat to find an open three-point shooter. If he would pass the ball on just 20% of his touches, he'd not only be a better player, he'd make our perimeter shooters better too.

Reaction Score
Jackson is our point guard? No, that’s RJ. Jackson is playing shooting guard, but he has a poor handle and is not a very good shooter. He is a great rebounder and flashy passer, but he had zero assists today.

He is a better prospect than Martin, but Martin is a better player right now and does all the things that Andre does better; and there is nothing Andre does that Martin doesn’t.

I don’t like either one of them playing the two.
Exactly. Get Hawkins those minutes. Need shooters.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don’t think Andre should have played 31 minutes today, especially so many overlapping with Tyrese. They both basically bring the same things at this point.
Tyrese and Jackson are the same player? Is that what you’re saying?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Tyrese and Jackson are the same player? Is that what you’re saying?
Nope. Not at all. But they have a lot redundancies in terms of the needs they fill on this team.

Unless and until Jackson gets a better handle, develops a better outside shot and makes passes that actually turn into baskets.

Reaction Score
AJ does some great things, especially rebounding the ball and keeping it alive. He’s a good passer but not great gets too pretty at times he should throw a regular bounce pass or 2 hander. His defense could be good but he’s a floater always looking to make a play off his guy, gets burnt more than people would prefer to admit.

So much there. Wish he could shoot, until he does he will have a hard time getting to the basket. Like him but he giveth and taketh a little too much for now!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Nope. Not at all. But they have a lot redundancies in terms of the needs they fill on this team.

Unless and until Jackson gets a better handle, develops a better outside shot and makes passes that actually turn into baskets.
Maybe we’re watching different games but Martin and Jackson aren’t even remotely close. Jackson lacks a lot offensively but his passes and handles aren’t an issue.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
AJ does some great things, especially rebounding the ball and keeping it alive. He’s a good passer but not great gets too pretty at times he should throw a regular bounce pass or 2 hander. His defense could be good but he’s a floater always looking to make a play off his guy, gets burnt more than people would prefer to admit.

So much there. Wish he could shoot, until he does he will have a hard time getting to the basket. Like him but he giveth and taketh a little too much for now!
Forget shooting at this point. He should drive to the rim or pull up for a floater. Something

Reaction Score
AJ is an athlete first, a good passer second and a basketball player third. He showed today that he can sky and has a long reach. He made some nice passes but to be honest, he gets too many minutes. He is not an effective player in that he plays reactionary basketball rather than under control. He had how many goal tending calls and needless fouls after the player was making and easy score did he have today?
What I liked today was that he was active but as my son commented, it looks like there is something wrong with him because he doesn't look like he is mentally in the game.
He is a young sophomore and will be a 4 year player. He has to work on his handle in the open court, becoming comfortable with his 3 pt shot and taking the ball to the hoop under control while using the athleticism he has been blessed. I think he can and will become a more complete player. He isn't close to that yet.

…posters that were dissing Andre Jackson’s game don’t know basketball. Period.

BTW, as far as this statement above- there are posters on this board who have dissed AJ and many others who have forgotten more basketball than you will ever know
If anything, Jackson is likely not a 2 year player at the college level. I think he tests the NBA draft waters after this year is over..but returns next year as a junior to maximize his skill set and readiness for the NBA.

That would be great for next year's Uconn team because we are losing at minimum 4 key players after this season ends (Whaley, Polley, Cole and Martin). Heck, we might even be losing Sanogo early if has an Emeka Okafor type year.

Reaction Score
If anything, Jackson is likely not a 2 year player at the college level. I think he tests the NBA draft waters after this year is over..but returns next year as a junior to maximize his skill set and readiness for the NBA.

That would be great for next year's Uconn team because we are losing at minimum 4 key players after this season ends (Whaley, Polley, Cole and Martin). Heck, we might even be losing Sanogo early if has an Emeka Okafor type year.
Jackson is not CLOSE to an NBA player at this point and won’t be until he develops an offensive game. He’s not going anywhere early until that happens. You people are nuts.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

The last guy on an NBA bench is an efficient scorer compared to AJ. He has a long ways to go.

Reaction Score
Jackson is going to get there but as long as we have Tyrese I'd like to see more of what Hawkins can do. His skills fill the need for a shooter, defender that can help. Jackson creates, but without a consistent shot his productivity doesn't balance our offense. We lost on a bad call today and nobody is to blame but everybody can improve. Just want to see Hawkins get some minutes sooner rather than later.

Reaction Score
Jackson is a 3-4 year player for us. Case closed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom