This ESPN source doesn't predict Cardosa selecting UCONN. | The Boneyard

This ESPN source doesn't predict Cardosa selecting UCONN.

Reaction Score
This ESPN source doesn't predict Cardosa in the final mix in selecting UCONN.

C Kamilla Cardosa
Hamilton Heights, Chattanooga, Tennessee
espnW HoopGurlz rank: 5

In the mix: Mississippi State, Ohio State, South Carolina, Syracuse

The top-ranked center in the nation by way of Brazil is at a crossroads. Having already visited Mississippi State and Ohio State, Cardosa still needs a test score to become eligible to compete on the big stage. Her remaining visits include Syracuse on the weekend of Oct. 18 and South Carolina on the weekend of Oct. 25. The stakes are high for those seeking her talents.

Reaction Score
That's okay. Looks like she's a whole lot more interested in starting games than actually winning all that many so she's on the right track.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
That's okay. Looks like she's a whole lot more interested in starting games than actually winning all that many so she's on the right track.
Actually it seems as if she limited her choices to schools that would hold open a scholarship if she passes her SAT/ACT. It also seems some colleges, UConn among them, were not willing to do that.

WestCoastPup

Eclipse
Reaction Score
How does Miss St. still have slot open to hold...? I thought they were full.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Actually it seems as if she limited her choices to schools that would hold open a scholarship if she passes her SAT/ACT. It also seems some colleges, UConn among them, were not willing to do that.
Put another way, she has eliminated those schools who have eliminated her. Good move....:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Am I wrong, or is this like Groundhog Day? Didn't we go over, at great length, the fact that a lot of people want ed her to go to UConn, she didn't seem interested, UConn didn't seem interested, and she wasn't coming.

Honestly, at a time when all I want is for the season to start, reading (or should I say re-reading) these posts about players who are not going to UConn is like death by small cuts.

Reaction Score
Don’t read the thread then
I've always loved this response and, yes, we can not read things and yes, that kills the tummy ache. But how would I know where it was going if I didn't read it? My point was more about BY'ers getting all toques up (again) about something that seemed to have gotten itself settled a couple of weeks ago. And then, urrrrp! There it is again, like a bad meal.

Reaction Score
Some people just consider this board to be the UConn version of Google search. Some fan with time to kill wonders if Westbrook got her waiver so they "ask the Boneyard". No one is required to respond.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I’m not sure how much interest UConn still has in Cardoso at this time. There was a time when I was consumed with UConn getting Cardoso. In light of recent events, not so much now. It’s being reported that she does not have any interest in coming here, nor does she plan to visit. Recent reports indicate that she still needs to qualify academically to accept a scholarship offer from NCAA Division 1 colleges/universities. Since we did pick up a BIG in Piath Gabriel, the cupboard is not bare. My hopes are now set on Amari DeBerry in 2021.

It would not surprise me to learn that Geno has identified several other BIGS overseas that he has interest in, and who would be interested in coming to UConn. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on this could bring us up to date.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
There was a time when I was consumed with UConn getting Cardoso. In light of recent events, not so much now. It’s being reported that she does not have any interest in coming here, and doesn’t plan on visiting. Add to that she still needs to qualify academically to qualify for a NCAA Division 1 scholarship, and the fact that we did pick up a BIG in Piath Gabriel. So the cupboard is not bare. My sights are now set on Amari DeBerry in 2021. I’m not sure how much interest UConn still has in Cardoso at this time. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on thus could bring us up to date.
The truth is Ms. Cardoso may not be playing D1 at all this coming year. I still say once UConn balked at holding a scholly open for her on the possibility that she may play next year led to UConn losing interest and going down another Piath. Hence the disaffection became mutual.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The truth is Ms. Cardoso may not be playing D1 at all this coming year. I still say once UConn balked at holding a scholly open for her on the possibility that she may play next year led to UConn losing interest and going down another Piath. Hence the disaffection became mutual.
1571770530752.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom