The yore of UConn QBs & Coaches past… | The Boneyard

The yore of UConn QBs & Coaches past…

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I think Tyler Phommachanh is a player, better than anyone we've had in a while just on his short run as the starter.
Better than Pindell? He was 4 years ago. Better than Shirreffs? He was 5 years ago.

I think the last couple years have damaged our memory...lol.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Better than Pindell? He was 4 years ago. Better than Shirreffs? He was 5 years ago.

Better than Pindells first year. He seemed to improve the more he played.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Yes.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Umm that’s crazy. You have bad football Stockholm syndrome.

If Tyler Phommachanh isn't a legit QB and is neck and neck with the PSU cast off, then we really have (the same) problems.

I liked Sherriffs, but he wasn't good enough for where we want to be. Pindell was a gimmick. Tyler Phommachanh is a better thrower and possibly as good a runner.

Personally, I don't think either to lead us to a winning season, but I have lot more faith in Tyler Phommachanh at the moment than a bunch of guys I haven't seen who come with a lot of excuses as to why they were better elsewhere.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I liked Sherriffs, but he wasn't good enough for where we want to be. Pindell was a gimmick. Tyler Phommachanh is a better thrower and possibly as good a runner.
Still crazy talk. Tyler Phommachanh may turn out better....but there is no way you can say his play last year was better than what Pindell and Shirreffs did.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
In our recent history-2000 to now -It's Orlovsky, Lorenzen and then Shireffs as the best QB's we had. And you can convince me to flip flop Tyler and Bryant. The only other QB that could get into the conversation had too little of a sample, Casey Cochrane. Pindell was a runner, not much else.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
In our recent history-2000 to now -It's Orlovsky, Lorenzen and then Shireffs as the best QB's we had. And you can convince me to flip flop Tyler and Bryant. The only other QB that could get into the conversation had too little of a sample, Casey Cochrane. Pindell was a runner, not much else.
I think Frazier needs to be put in there since he led us to the Fiesta Bowl and led us to victory against ND.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
So I was curious about Pindell's stats....and looking at 2018...one thing jumps out at me. Wow that defense was bad...lol. Look at those scores. Losing 57-7 at home to Temple? Yikes.

1659397584341.png

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Me too, considering it's McEntee.

There was also a Jordan McAfee from Massachusetts. He didn't pan out either. I have no idea between McEntee and McAfee which one was on roster at same time as Nebrich.

And for the record, I always thought Nebrich should have had a better shot at UConn. Kid was real good in HS and did fine at Fordham.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
There was also a Jordan McAfee from Massachusetts. He didn't pan out either. I have no idea between McEntee and McAfee which one was on roster at same time as Nebrich.

And for the record, I always thought Nebrich should have had a better shot at UConn. Kid was real good in HS and did fine at Fordham.
It almost felt like PP thought Nebrich wasn't good enough for UConn, but he was exactly what they needed.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Nebrich was run off by PP. McEntee was PP's starter.

McAfee was run off by HCREv2.

Reaction Score

McCummings from Natick. Used him in wildcat formations alot.

Reaction Score
Trick Shot Johnny was PP's boy. Liked the cut of his jib. No clue why. The center at the time was going out with Johnny' sister. You could always count on at least one bad snap in a Nebrich series. But usually he never even got a series.

Nebrich today is in the Fordham Hall of Fame.

Reaction Score
Sailed that ball way over McCoombs head. That iSU game was just awful.
And that was a very winnable game. ISU's first pass was intercepted with an incredible leaping catch. The ISU fans next to us were really impressed. The rest of the game didn't go as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom