The UCONN Moment That I Will Never Forget | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The UCONN Moment That I Will Never Forget

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
A few gems from Moriah:

The length of the court dash against South Carolina, passing 9 players on the way.
That's my all-time favorite MoJeff play. Scintillating. And as she snagged the rebound her momentum was taking her (a little) toward the end line. And she still beat everybody!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
There are many, and I've only been following the team closely for a few years. One that comes to mind is Stewie going coast to coast to block the layup attempt by the Rutgers player.

One my favorite Taurasi plays (from video of course) is the incredible pass to Crockett late in the '03 semis against Texas. That was quickly followed by the three that put UConn ahead to stay. That was a big-time shot.

Reaction Score
Why does one cry over 1/16/1995?

I wasn't emotionally invested into UConn at that time, but I imagine that it's because it's the "we've arrived" game. No. 2 UConn vs no. 1 Tennessee in front of a raucous crowd at Gampel, in which UConn won, achieved the number 1 rank for the 1st time, etc.

Reaction Score
One of my favorite moments was a news clip from the team celebrating on the floor immediately after the final buzzer in the 2003 NC game. Easiest lip reading ever:

A near-delirious Ann Strother comes up to DT and says, "I can't believe it!"

And DT says, "Believe it."

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
The UConn moment I will never forget and always treasure....my very first UConn game in person. The game at Maryland 2016-2017 season. I was in turtle land, but that didn't stop me from cheering my heart out for UConn, and talking trash with the Maryland fans in my section. There were 5 of us rooting for UConn in my section, and we had our section rocking.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I wasn't emotionally invested into UConn at that time, but I imagine that it's because it's the "we've arrived" game. No. 2 UConn vs no. 1 Tennessee in front of a raucous crowd at Gampel, in which UConn won, achieved the number 1 rank for the 1st time, etc.
And the AP Poll was delayed one day to await the outcome of the game.

Reaction Score
A few gems from Moriah:

The length of the court dash against South Carolina, passing 9 players on the way.

Her stutter step fake-out of Roy in the South Carolina game.

Defending 6'4" Kelsey Lang in the Bridgeport Regionals on a switch. The Texas player saw the mismatch and threw a lob pass intended for Lang. Mo went vertical and snatched it.
That move against Roy is one of the best ever in WCBB history!!!

Reaction Score
I have been a UCONN fan for the past five years. Before that I had no knowledge of Geno or the UCONN Woman's basketball team. Never heard or read of either one. Basketball was not exactly my favorite sport – and that applies to the men's game. I knew nothing about woman's college basketball. Well, without boring you with the details, I am now a true die-hard UCONN woman's basketball fan.

All I can comment on, as far as the UCONN Womans's team is concerned, is the past five years. I have watched or followed every game they played. I have watch many videos of past teams, but really had no knowledge of the previous great players who have come through UCONN.

I am sure everyone has a special UCONN moment that they will never forget. Like the upset last year with that fantastic game winning shot that stunned the sports world and I. My special moment, that is firmly burnt into the folds of my mind – a moment that to me, a rather STOIC individual, made me very emotional was watching Bernna Stewart, with tears in her eyes, saying that she did not deserve the Most Valuable Player award, but rather Moria Jefferson was the real MVP, of that championship game. That was a true statement. It takes a truly remarkable individual to say something like that. I assume it has happened in the past, but, I never, in my lifetime, saw a person say the award they just received really belongs to another individual.

Breanna Steward, who has NO EGOTISM, is the embodiment of CLASS, INTELLIGENCE, and what it means to be a true TEAM PLAYER for the greatest basketball team on this earth
enjoy the games. But, you are not a real fan until your loyalty is tested with losses.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
May it never be tested!!

Reaction Score
My best moment was the Summer of 94 and my friend had a week long basketball camp in Bristol. My daughter was able to run drills with Rebecca Lobo and Jamelle Elliot! The whole time smiling ear to ear! At the time I sold Wise Chips, Snyder Pretzels and Uconn Huskies Chips and Salsa! I received alot of swag for selling Uconn Products and they both signed her hat and both sides of her shirt! She still has both today! My 10 year old was on cloud 9 it seemed like forever thanks to 50 and 33!!! Easily my favorite moment!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom