The Top 3 Things You Want to See on Saturday

Reaction Score
1) A full court press
2) Ridiculous ball movement and passing on offense
3) Evina and the frosh playing like it's their 15th game

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I want to know how to find the game on the Fox Sports streaming app. As of now, I can't find anything but televised men's games and 1 women's game on BTN+ (which I have no idea on how to get it, IF I was interested).

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well I expect to see UConn run run run and then run half court matchups. This is a game like a practice to see where we are and where are weakness's are. We need to be able to execute on offense and I think we will see alot of that with different lineups. Anybody can run and gun against a lesser team. This is all about getting tweaking and being ready for the tuff games. So I wanna see tuff gritty defense and running a half court defense.

Reaction Score
I want to see at the end of the game all the players be injury-free. I would like to see everyone play and see flashes of the Greatness that is too come. A bonus would be that Geno was smiling, however, we know that will not happen!

Reaction Score
I want to know how to find the game on the Fox Sports streaming app. As of now, I can't find anything but televised men's games and 1 women's game on BTN+ (which I have no idea on how to get it, IF I was interested).
Yes, I just looked and can't seem to find it on the app or the network for Foxsports. I think they were leading us on. No way to watch it here in NC that I can find.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Setting aside the obvious, which many have mentioned in the thread "I just wanted to see a complete basketball game"...

I decided to do a specific I'd LOVE to see from each player
  1. Evina simply playing - that feels like it will be a win. I realize per Geno she's not 100% health wise so I'd like to see flashes of what she can do when she's 100% healthy.
  2. Christyn - proof that she's put last season behind her and is 100% focused on being a leader and being productive all over the court
  3. Olivia - build off her really solid 2nd half of last season - pick up where she left off and show even more improvement - a junior leap
  4. Anna - Geno said the time off was not good for her fitness-wise, so I'm hoping to see her be confident. She was always a terrific passer, so I'm hoping she has a good shooting night.
  5. Aubrey - She was a relentless athlete last year. So I'd like to see glimpses of expanded basketball skills. Don't expect her to knock down a bunch of 3's, but signs of an expanded offensive game would be great!
  6. Paige - signs that she really is hands down the best freshman in the nation. Expectations are off the charts so for her I'd like to see some good passes coming from good court vision, and some good offense.
  7. Aaliyah - Geno said she's very aggressive, and very aggressive (yeah he said it like 3 times). I get the feeling that her offense is not that polished so I'd just like to see her look comfortable on the floor and show some flashes of what she can do. Bang in the post, fight for some boards, get a putback or 2, whatever.
  8. Mir - I think her offense will be limited so I'd love to see her just showcase some athleticism - skying for boards and playing some tough defense.
  9. Piath - signs that she's not completely overwhelmed by the college game - both the speed and the skill of it.
  10. Autumn - come in and hit a 3. Just one.
  11. Nika - Geno said she has had a foot issue of some kind. I will be grateful just to see her take the court.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
1. Olivia dunking.

2. Aubrey dunking.

3. Mir or Aaliyah dunking.

Seriously, I would hope for:

1. Everyone to be reasonably healthy, including Nika and Evina.

2. The returners to look better, as Geno has described.

3. The freshmen to exhibit their energy and competitiveness.

I'll be curious as to who the leaders are. I expect Paige to impress. I want the rest of the Boneyard to see Mir. She's a phenomenal athlete who made spectators "ooh and aah" when I saw her last season. She gets to the ball as fast as anyone we've seen. Think Aubrey and Gabby.

Reaction Score
I have a somewhat different expectation. Number one is to see the team together as a whole. The atmosphere or aura of the tv game should be enough. I appreciate the individual breakdowns, but just to see this thing actually happening will be great enough. I am not expecting anything in terms of play....Mr. Auriemma will see to that...hoping for a long and successful season for the Lady Huskies. Go girls!

Reaction Score

The FoxSports app lists live games a day at a time. On the 12th, there's no mention of a UConn game on the FoxSports schedule. I'll check again on game day to see if anything shows up, but I'm beginning to doubt it. SNY is showing the contest with its pre-game starting at 12:30, UMass game at 1PM.
The prevailing theory that FoxSports is carrying all of the Husky games televised on SNY will be demonstrated one way or another.

Reaction Score
3 things I'd like to see: execution of a game plan; cohesion in the first unit; clear picture of each player's role: Paige running point, Christyn shooting from the corner, Liv making bunnies, Aaliyah snatching rebounds.

HGN

Reaction Score
Let me see now, my Top 3 would be:

1) A Win , and
2) A Win , and
3) A Win.

I just can't seem to think any further than that right now.

Reaction Score
Not in order-- if just 3 things then -

1-- Any player not named Anna - hit 3's. This team needs 3 pt shooting long-term.

2-- A combination of high quality of skill and toughness from 3 of the potential power forwards - Griffin, Edwards and Mir.

3-- Highest quality play offensively, defensively rebounding and a fluid toughness from Liv. Play like Hakeem Olajuwon.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The FoxSports app lists live games a day at a time. On the 12th, there's no mention of a UConn game on the FoxSports schedule. I'll check again on game day to see if anything shows up, but I'm beginning to doubt it. SNY is showing the contest with its pre-game starting at 12:30, UMass game at 1PM.
The prevailing theory that FoxSports is carrying all of the Husky games televised on SNY will be demonstrated one way or another.
I did a search in the app for the keyword "women". The results were Women’s rugby and one WBB game on BTN+. I believe the WBB game might be on Saturday, and Rutgers is playing...but not 100% positive.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Most of the things listed above seem pretty normal and "NICE"
But for me, I don't want NICE, because too nice has been the label assigned to the teams which fell short of our ultimate goal the past 4 years.. So I want to see Total Dominance!!!

I want every shot attempted by our opponent blocked!
I want Everyone from our team to shoot 100%
I want our team to get Every Rebound and loose ball
I want to hold the opposing team scoreless for the entire game
I want us to have no turnovers
YES, I want us to be bad for the game, AGAIN...

:cool::(;):):p

Reaction Score
Would love to see a beat down like they did to St. Francis in 2018 NCAAT.

Reaction Score
1. Liv and Christyn to show leadership, poise, and maturity. I’d like to be reassured that they are the foundation we can rely on all season.
2. A sophomore jump from both Makurat and Griffin. They are vital to our success.
3. Paige to look comfortable with the college game. We need her to contribute from day 1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom