The Reason For It All- Sanogo | The Boneyard

The Reason For It All- Sanogo

Reaction Score
Sanogo’s emergence in the second half of the season leads to all things wonderful. We can go inside and it helps our outside game, our guards are thriving. I have to give Whalley credit too but Sanogo rebounds like a madman, he’s a tough son of a gun with inside moves, footwork and soft touch. Am I dreaming or can he be here 3 years for us?

Reaction Score
Sanogo’s emergence in the second half of the season leads to all things wonderful. We can go inside and it helps our outside game, our guards are thriving. I have to give Whalley credit too but Sanogo rebounds like a madman, he’s a tough son of a gun with inside moves, footwork and soft touch. Am I dreaming or can he be here 3 years for us?
I thought he was great today. Maybe better than he was against Seton Hall. So solid on the boards. Everyone was. Absolutely no second shots for Gtown. And plenty for us.

Reaction Score
I didn’t even realize until recently that he had a double double today. He has really improved so much throughout the season. love watching him play

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Can we put some respect on Whaley’s name and spell it correctly? Second time this week. ??‍♂️

Reaction Score
I love Sanogo. He walks every time he touches the ball, but travelling isn’t called any more in basketball. Under today’s interpretation Trajan doesn’t get called for traveling. Honestly they should just eliminate it as a rule. But he is a nice rebounder and has a nice shot. Get him a little jumper from near the foul line and he is unstoppable.

Reaction Score
I love Sanogo. He walks every time he touches the ball, but travelling isn’t called any more in basketball. Under today’s interpretation Trajan doesn’t get called for traveling. Honestly they should just eliminate it as a rule. But he is a nice rebounder and has a nice shot. Get him a little jumper from near the foul line and he is unstoppable.
Apparently you don't pay much attention to his pivot foot.

Reaction Score
Dude never walks, he has some of the best footwork you'll see from a young big.

Reaction Score
He has been great at defensive rebounding. Has to cut down on the fouls to stay in the game. Ignore upfakes. Looking forward to some dunks added to his game in the future.

Reaction Score
I've said before, I don't think he has enough handle or a shot 15 ft and out to jump to the pros in 3 years. I think he's a 4 year Husky. Good for us and he'll get there but he's just too locked in the paint to jump sooner, IMO.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Apparently you don't pay much attention to his pivot foot.
Dude never walks, he has some of the best footwork you'll see from a young big.

Eh, 15 years ago he gets called for steps a bunch. He keeps his pivot foot in the same area and his overall footwork is world class in the year 2021. But he definitely moves that pivot foot.

Reaction Score
I also think his emergence has made it a lot easier on Carlton to contribute quality minutes. Doesn't have to worry as much about fouls. Hungry when he gets in there. Maybe a little like how Souleymane Wane grew into that role for us?

Reaction Score
He has been great at defensive rebounding. Has to cut down on the fouls to stay in the game. Ignore upfakes. Looking forward to some dunks added to his game in the future.
Sanogo is a quick study. One difficult part for our bigs is to double team above the key then get back quickly. I don't see us benefiting too much from this double with very few steals and the loss of inside position to the opposition big. This is disruptive but needs to be used on occasion, not all the time. Sanogo is becoming a major defensive force and also posting more aggressively. He will only get better.

Reaction Score
Overstated to say ALL but having that dominant force is the difference maker.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Can we put some respect on Whaley’s name and spell it correctly? Second time this week. ??‍♂️
Your exasperation is understandable, though small peanuts when compared to my experience of living in the Westville section of New Haven and hearing Google Maps pronounce "Whalley Ave" as though it's supposed to sound like "Wally" rather than "Whaley."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It really is amazing how all those shots go in considering how much iron he draws. Use the square young man!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Your exasperation is understandable, though small peanuts when compared to my experience of living in the Westville section of New Haven and hearing Google Maps pronounce "Whalley Ave" as though it's supposed to sound like "Wally" rather than "Whaley."
So it's Whalley World? When we all know it's Whaley's World right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom