The real Power 6 | The Boneyard

The real Power 6

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Read this and smile:
(Think you need espn+ to read it. If someone knows how to get around that please post. )

Reaction Score
alternative title- "why the aac is not a power conference"

reassuring to read that while the P5 wants to create a 4th division and separate FBS football from the NCAA, they also agree it's "essential" to keep all current DI schools in the same men's basketball tournament.

so while not being able to compete with the P5 would hurt the other BE sports, at least the D1 bball landscape wouldnt change. i'm assuming that would apply for women's bball as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Two of the standard criteria are questionable at best. OK--use KenPom. But then you go by "earning seeding." The AACs are always going to get seeded worse, many times with little respect to overall record. And then you look at number of tourney wins. Well, if your seeding is really good, your first game i against Hampton. You should win that one.

Might make more sense to simply eliminate the second criteria and to then look at total wins after the round of 64, or even the round of 32.

Or why not look at conference strength head-to-head?

Reaction Score
But then you go by "earning seeding." The AACs are always going to get seeded worse, many times with little respect to overall record. And then you look at number of tourney wins. Well, if your seeding is really good, your first game i against Hampton.
perception is reality and the aac is perceived as a dumpster fire behind a Bojangles

Reaction Score
Perhpas but the AAC beat UConn like a drum. We owe them some respect.
as if the conference ever gave us any respect... we really dont owe them anything but scorn. the program was in shambles compared to where we came from and where we are now. we wouldnt have done much better in the A10

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They did a great job tearing down our athletic department, I give them that. They were even screwing up women's hoop. Look how both hoop teams are thriving after just a year away.

Reaction Score
as if the conference ever gave us any respect... we really dont owe them anything but scorn. the program was in shambles compared to where we came from and where we are now. we wouldnt have done much better in the A10
2014 aside, did we earn any respect on a consistent basis? I agree, we don't owe them anything, just as they don't owe us.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
It's true because even though we had great teams all those AAC years and dominated everyone outside the conference, those in conference teams still beat us

Reaction Score
perception is reality and the aac is perceived as a dumpster fire behind a Bojangles
I agree with you. That’s why I call the NBE a legacy league. Only 1 ( hopefully now 2) real major team but voters etc assume it is the same league that won National Championships in 1999, 2003, 2004, 2011, 2013. It isn’t. Not even on the same planet.

Reaction Score
And yet UConn is the only school to do anything of note in March with a championship in 2014. Did any other AAC team even make the sweet 16?

Plus, UConn did take the AACT in 2016, which was during their darker times (2015-2019)...

Reaction Score
I agree with you. That’s why I call the NBE a legacy league. Only 1 ( hopefully now 2) real major team but voters etc assume it is the same league that won National Championships in 1999, 2003, 2004, 2011, 2013. It isn’t. Not even on the same planet.
being the legacy to the best college bball conference ever is a good thing. only 2 of those 5 chips werent ours and Nova has won 2 of their own since then.

Reaction Score
Right. Villanova is the only other serious program. They deserve credit. Yet they are less well known than Gonzaga.

Reaction Score
Right. Villanova is the only other serious program. They deserve credit. Yet they are less well known than Gonzaga.
So....a program in a top conference, that is in the middle of the Northeast megalopolis of over 50 million people, one with 3 national championships, 2 of them being in the last 4 years, is less well known than a program in eastern Washington state on the Idaho border, 300 miles from a major city, in a mid-major conference, with no national championships and 1 Final Four?

Do you do this stuff just to get a rise out of people? If not then I wonder what is wrong with you. :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
2014 aside, did we earn any respect on a consistent basis? I agree, we don't owe them anything, just as they don't owe us.

Ignoring the natty we won in a league that has won 0 nattys without us seems kind of dumb idk

Reaction Score
Ignoring the natty we won in a league that has won 0 nattys without us seems kind of dumb idk
Do you not understand what 2014 aside was implying? It was acknowledging the National Championship. The rest of the years in that conference, we didn't do enough to earn respect. But we know what opinions are worth on the BY.

Reaction Score
Do you not understand what 2014 aside was implying? It was acknowledging the National Championship. The rest of the years in that conference, we didn't do enough to earn respect. But we know what opinions are worth on the BY.

It wasn't "implying" anything. It was expressly stating that, if we ignore the year we won the national championship while in the AAC, we didn't do anything of import while in the AAC. While technically true, it is not particularly interesting information, because we did win a title while in the AAC, and our tenure in the AAC included 7 of the total 17 NCAA tournament wins.

Reaction Score
It wasn't "implying" anything. It was expressly stating that, if we ignore the year we won the national championship while in the AAC, we didn't do anything of import while in the AAC. While technically true, it is not particularly interesting information, because we did win a title while in the AAC, and our tenure in the AAC included 7 of the total 17 NCAA tournament wins.
Good thing I'm not here to keep you supplied with interesting information.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom