The Real Loser This Weekend | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Real Loser This Weekend

Reaction Score
A quick postscript: it was mentioned during the VT-OSU broadcast tonight that the total double-regional attendance in Seattle topped that in Greenville, despite the fact that none of the teams was from someplace closer than a thousand miles.

Even so, I prefer the four-location format.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
A quick postscript: it was mentioned during the VT-OSU broadcast tonight that the total double-regional attendance in Seattle topped that in Greenville, despite the fact that none of the teams was from someplace closer than a thousand miles.

Even so, I prefer the four-location format.
From a fan's perspective a 4 location format "might" work out better (although, Rutgers was in Portland for the 2000 Regional). Next year there is a double-regional in Albany, I believe, which is beneficial to UConn, of course.

I don't so much mind the double regionals, it is just that it is very difficult to locate them. Most schools are "east of the Rockies" as Hellman's would say, but New England is not generally a hotbed of top level WBB absent UConn. So I suppose Greenville wasn't bad - but - Birmingham, Alabama???? in 2025.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA
Top Bottom