OT: - The potential future of sports rights | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: The potential future of sports rights

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I agree that ESPN is way ahead. On the other hand, I am totally frustrated with +. I know it's my own fault but I don't currently have the time to figure it out. Half the time it asks me to sign in/sign out, and somehow it always remembers my cable provider but forgets my + account. I wish there was a + standalone app. Half the time, it doesn't show the game I want. I am totally frustrated by this app, and I know it's my fault for not jiggering it the right way, but man, ESPN has to remember, USERS DON'T READ.

Actually, no, it’s not your fault.

This thread is about Amazon and Disney...ironically, those two companies have the absolute worst streaming apps. Both companies know how to stream content on a huge scale...neither of them can build a coherent, reliable app.

Amazon’s Prime apps are just cross-platform crap with wrappers on them.

ESPN’s platform apps are absolute crap. I can reproduce obvious bugs with their iPad and iOS apps, film them happening and still, FOUR people I’ve submitted them to at ESPN have told me that their web team cannot reproduce the errors.

Basically, no one at ESPN or Amazon relies on these apps, so they don’t get the attention they need.

(DIsney’s apps and websites are crap all over the corporations....book a Disney cruise and you’ll find one of the absolute worst web experiences you can imagine.)

Reaction Score
This is a good watch since we're on the topic of Amazon. Plays into what some of yall are saying.

Reaction Score
Was at a work conference not that long ago. The speaker asked a room of 500 or so business professionals to raise their hands if they were current cable subscribers. Then asked the same group to raise their hands if they were an Amazon prime member. The prime members outnumbered the cable subscribers by a large amount.

Amazon has a relationship with a sickly number of Americans. They are looking to become the primary relationship of those households; content whether it be selling books, groceries, financial advice, movies or sports is how they will accomplish it. I don’t sports are just a toe in the water...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom