The Paige Bueckers Phenomenon | The Boneyard

The Paige Bueckers Phenomenon

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I keep running into examples of the magnetic appeal of Paige. I have an example here that I have literally seen but not seen 50 or 60 times. Yes, I confess to having watched the overtime of the South Carolina game that many times. But it took me until today to see her draw demonstrated on the rest of the basketball world. You see it was today that I noticed the video has been viewed 148,000 times. Now that is extraordinary. Have you watched it?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There’s another video that I’ve watched several times myself. That’s UConn’s 19-0 run against Baylor in the Elite-8 game. Paige doesn’t quite score all of UConn’s points in that video....just 10 of them. Christyn backed Paige up well with 7 pts of her own during the run.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Both Clutch and 19-0 have become 2 of my favorite videos. I have watched both multiple times and know that along with the games I was able to record they will all be watched many more times till next season. After a whirlwind 2 weeks with one story after another coming from Storrs I expect a slow down. I will have more time to enjoy the videos. Looking forward to the coaching announcement then the team hits campus in June.

Reaction Score
Paige is a special player in every sense of the word, I haven't started my "Paige withdrawal" but I expect it to come soon. I don't know if I can make it to fall practice!
I too have watched the 19-0 several times to me it gives you a glimmer of what is ahead for this team. To do that against that caliber of a team in a pressure packed game.
However, the game, the sequence that I have watched the most is the 3pt dagger in Knoxville!!
It was her first big time road game, she was having her first off-shooting game, she sprained her ankle so she was hobbling, the entire play was coming apart at the seams with the clock draining. Evina made a great pass and Pistol Paige did her thing!! I knew then and there she was the real deal and more.

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Somewhere in America or Europe, there is a 9, 10 or 11 year old girl with as much basketball talent as Paige or Azzi, who is seeing those video clips and deciding that her dream is to play for UConn one day. It isn't just National Championships and Final Fours that animate her dream; it is her heart saying, "I want to learn to play that kind of basketball -- it's beautiful and it would be so much fun."

Paige herself has said that was her reaction when she watched UConn - Notre Dame games on TV as a girl of that age.

That is why I think Geno's successor should be a UConn alumna, and specifically why it should be Sue Bird. In addition to her name recognition among high school prospects, she (probably more than anyone else) can credibly say that she fully understands the Geno / UConn style of basketball, and can orchestrate it on the court just as well as The Godfather.

Reaction Score
Somewhere in America or Europe, there is a 9, 10 or 11 year old girl with as much basketball talent as Paige or Azzi, who is seeing those video clips and deciding that her dream is to play for UConn one day. It isn't just National Championships and Final Fours that animate her dream; it is her heart saying, "I want to learn to play that kind of basketball -- it's beautiful and it would be so much fun."

Paige herself has said that was her reaction when she watched UConn - Notre Dame games on TV as a girl of that age.

That is why I think Geno's successor should be a UConn alumna, and specifically why it should be Sue Bird. In addition to her name recognition among high school prospects, she (probably more than anyone else) can credibly say that she fully understands the Geno / UConn style of basketball, and can orchestrate it on the court just as well as The Godfather.
Not only little girls but incoming recruits! Ayanna Patterson said during her commitment announcement that the opportunity to play with Paige was a factor.

I too agree that the successor to Geno should be a UConn Alum, not sure if that should be Sue Bird. Any UConn alum who would be considered the next coach is going to have name recognition. The brand will do the recruiting, I would still like someone who can actually coach/teach as well.

Reaction Score
I keep running into examples of the magnetic appeal of Paige. I have an example here that I have literally seen but not seen 50 or 60 times. Yes, I confess to having watched the overtime of the South Carolina game that many times. But it took me until today to see her draw demonstrated on the rest of the basketball world. You see it was today that I noticed the video has been viewed 148,000 times. Now that is extraordinary. Have you watched it?

I've watched it 146,000 times. Others apparently only 2,000 times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom