The Orville | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Orville

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ok, anyone else getting sick of the Moclans?

Yes. They've been building up to this latest episode for quite a while. Hopefully that will be enough Moclan related episodes for a while. Although I'm getting a feeling that Bortus and Klyden are nearing a point of no return. Klyden is a typical Moclan w/ all the negatives that entails and Bortus is becoming quite a bit more open minded as a result of working on the Orville. Maybe they can skip the Moclan tradition of one of them having to kill the other one and Klyden can just leave the ship. They would have to fight over the kid though.

Reaction Score
Yes. They've been building up to this latest episode for quite a while. Hopefully that will be enough Moclan related episodes for a while. Although I'm getting a feeling that Bortus and Klyden are nearing a point of no return. Klyden is a typical Moclan w/ all the negatives that entails and Bortus is becoming quite a bit more open minded as a result of working on the Orville. Maybe they can skip the Moclan tradition of one of them having to kill the other one and Klyden can just leave the ship. They would have to fight over the kid though.

I think I might be done with this show.

The Kaelons are just rip offs of cylons.

Seth can’t help himself with insisting on being the voice of the moral high ground in these preachy episodes.

This show needs to be more family guy in space and less after school special i.e “The Truth About Alex”.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Recorded last night's episode, just watched it. No Moclan drama. Although there was some very bad Moclan dancing at an Earth club in the simulator. Interesting premise, Kelly from 7 years ago (right when she and Ed started dating) was time warped to the present aboard the Orville.

Preview for the season finale looks kinda epic.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Recorded last night's episode, just watched it. No Moclan drama. Although there was some very bad Moclan dancing at an Earth club in the simulator. Interesting premise, Kelly from 7 years ago (right when she and Ed started dating) was time warped to the present aboard the Orville.

Preview for the season finale looks kinda epic.

It took me a while to see it was the same actress. Good episode.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It took me a while to see it was the same actress. Good episode.

One person playing multiple roles is always interesting. The subtle things they can do to convey it's a different persona. Orphan Black was incredible in that regard, iZombie is decent too.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I think I might be done with this show.

The Kaelons are just rip offs of cylons.

Seth can’t help himself with insisting on being the voice of the moral high ground in these preachy episodes.

This show needs to be more family guy in space and less after school special i.e “The Truth About Alex”.

My guess is Gene Roddenberry was Seth's idol. The original Star Trek frequently took on social issues of the day, and were still entertaining. With that said, it gets old. One of my favorite shows was Boston Legal, but I recently rewatched the series and the preachy monologues get old pretty quick.

I see the future of the show, if it's renewed (hopefully), as more Guardians of the Galaxy than Star Trek.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Finale was a bit oddly paced but decent. Nice to see a character from earlier in the season come back again briefly. Hopefully this wasn't the series finale. I don't think it's been renewed yet but it's expected to be?

Was it my imagination or were they riffing off of some Star Wars theme music?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Finale was a bit oddly paced but decent. Nice to see a character from earlier in the season come back again briefly. Hopefully this wasn't the series finale. I don't think it's been renewed yet but it's expected to be?

Was it my imagination or were they riffing off of some Star Wars theme music?

Those last two episodes were the best of the series so far. Well done, and some fun Star Wars and Star Trek odes. That flight through the asteroids sure looked familiar. Hope it comes back.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Huh. Just read that Season 3 is going to be airing on Hulu, not Fox.

Also cast members Adrianne Palicki and Scott Grimes are getting divorced after being married for about 5 minutes (okay, 2 months).

Reaction Score

Also cast members Adrianne Palicki and Scott Grimes are getting divorced after being married for about 5 minutes (okay, 2 months).

That means I’m done with this show.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

I still have Hulu but was thinking of canceling it.

Reaction Score
Funny thing is, if the original Star Trek were a sequel to TNG, it would have been considered a parody.
The genius of Roddenberry and his writers (DC Fontana, Harlin Ellison, Gene L Coon) and his great casting gave the original Star Trek a dramatic breadth that nothing since has been able to capture, even the first Trek films with all the original cast lacked something that the original series always had. The range of classic episodes from "The City on the Edge of Forever" to "The Trouble with Tribles" to "Shore Leave" to "The Changeling" to "Journey to Babel" to "The Squire of Gothos" to "Arena" is remarkable for a science fiction series. I stopped watching TNG when they killed off Denise Crosby and started fighting Bjorn Borg's family.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I think the two gay Worfs are hilarious.

My post was before they even showed up. First two episodes weren’t great. I’ve become a fan.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Almost 3 years later, it's back. First episode debuted on Hulu. I thought it was good.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Finished the season. Pretty good. I appreciate that while Seth is tackling all the modern social issues, he's doing so in a way that is pretty nuanced and somewhat thought provoking most of the time.

Anne Winters was a nice addition as Charly Burke, and of course Seth is dating her. So, just like Halston Sage, they had to then kill her off. Very next episode, new pretty girl shows up on the ship (Lysella). Final episode was a bit of a let down.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Anne Winters was a nice addition as Charly Burke, and of course Seth is dating her. So, just like Halston Sage, they had to then kill her off. Very next episode, new pretty girl shows up on the ship (Lysella).
They wrote Halston out of the show, but they didn't kill her character. She appeared at the end of this season's finale.

I was pretty bummed about what happened to Charly.

Lysella was in an episode in Season 1. I had to go back and rewatch it. The actress seems to fit the profile for Seth's dating habits.

. Final episode was a bit of a let down.
Agreed. I could never really get interested in the Isaac/Dr. Finn ongoing drama.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom