The Old Man w/Jeff Bridges | The Boneyard

The Old Man w/Jeff Bridges

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Two episodes in, on Hulu, and very intrigued.

Bridges is a 30+ CIA op who was out of the game. Now he is not as another long-time op, who is still in the game, Jonathan Lithgow, is after him to take Bridges out.

On the run, Bridges ends up answering an Air BnB and ends up at lonely Amy Breneman's house.

3rd episode is this week. The flight scenes are edited well to pass Bridges as a old dude with serious fighting skills. Yes, he gets his ass kicked.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I liked it, but we found the fight scene with him and the much younger op unrealistic. We expected the young guy to kick his arse and where did the dogs go?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I liked it, but we found the fight scene with him and the much younger op unrealistic. We expected the young guy to kick his arse and where did the dogs go?
Yeah, we were kinda like, the young dude had him, and still lost?

I'm thinking the dogs are trained well to hang at a perimeter until master needs help.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is on my list. Currently watching another Hulu show first.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I'm thinking the dogs are trained well to hang at a perimeter until master needs help.
Sure looked like the master needed help :).

Reaction Score
They obviously held the dogs back to dramatize the ass kicking. Bridges could have whistled a lot sooner when neither of the CIA guys had their guns. I keep thinking call the dogs, call the dogs.

I hate manufactored drama that makes no sense. But so far the show is pretty good.

Reaction Score
My wife is into this show. I've gotten some pretty good REM during the second half of both episodes. I'll see if I can hang for the entirety of episode 3.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It can be slow paced at times, but overall appears to be a series I'll follow. Interesting through E3 at least.

Love the dogs.

Reaction Score
Bridges and Lithgow are two of those actors I just find annoying. Bridges always looks like he's talking with marbles in his mouth and Lithgow will always be that alien dude. Kiefer Sutherland is another, always does that whisper thing. Once I notice an annoyance, I can't unsee it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Two episodes in, on Hulu, and very intrigued.

Bridges is a 30+ CIA op who was out of the game. Now he is not as another long-time op, who is still in the game, Jonathan Lithgow, is after him to take Bridges out.

On the run, Bridges ends up answering an Air BnB and ends up at lonely Amy Breneman's house.

3rd episode is this week. The flight scenes are edited well to pass Bridges as a old dude with serious fighting skills. Yes, he gets his ass kicked.

Started watching The Old Man last week. Watched the fight scenes and these comments came to mind. Yes, it would be real difficult for a person of Bridges' age who clearly doesn't work out all day to maintain that muscle strength and stamina.

Anecdotally though we have some friends and her dad is a retired sheriff somewhere around 80 years old. He can barely walk and has a portable oxygen tank with him at all times. Saw him back in May or June at a HS graduation and when we shook hands he nearly crushed mine. Grip was a strong as a bear.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Semi-related point, I recently found out that John Wick was originally intended to be an old guy, think Liam Nielsen or Clint Eastwood. I can’t see either one of those guys filming the action sequences that Keenu Reeves did. It would’ve still been a good movie, but it would’ve been a prototypical Liam Nielsen or Clint Eastwood movie instead of the kill fest that the series ended up being.

Reaction Score
Apparently Bridges almost died during the filming of the series of a sickness not related to acting. That is why they cut the run to seven episodes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom