The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
All other things aside, why is Donaldson playing against right hand pitching?

Reaction Score

Do they have better options? Again great start for Yanks but this was coming hopefully just doesn’t last too long. It’s not at all a good hitting lineup if Judge Stanton don’t hit.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
One option would be Carpenter. It's not like putting George Brett in the lineup but it would at least give us a fighting chance for a hit from our third baseman.

Reaction Score
Probably because Donaldson has been a significantly better hitter against righties than lefties this year

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Probably because Donaldson has been a significantly better hitter against righties than lefties this year
If this is true it has to be skewed from what he did the first few weeks of the season. He looks like he couldn't hit a righty if they put it on a tee these days.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I'll take the win but,.....

There are things we need to work on and this weekend illustrated them.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
You're a downer.

That was fun as hell.
Yes, it was fun as hell. No question there but from the start of Saturday's game until Stanton's dinger there wasn't a whole lot of fun.

Reaction Score
Just saw one of the weirder rallies I’ve ever seen:

C39DB1D5-4C6D-4B9D-9607-C3FCC0395C0E.jpeg

Reaction Score
Oller and Puk definetly sound like names of a 100 loss team.

Albert Aubrey has great stuff btw consistently hitting 100 on the gun.
Abreu

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
5 hits 2 games is all you need to know its coming. If Judge cools down, dead! Just can’t keep winning with smoke and mirrors with 5 guys in the lineup batting .220 and less. Hope the crow comes back but I am nervous. Even their win on Thursday was a quiet lineup until the 9th. This team could win a 100 but with this lineup can’t beat the Astros in a series period! Need trades or just another year.
Have you seen the batting averages of all the other teams? Not good.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Just saw one of the weirder rallies I’ve ever seen:

View attachment 77211
Yeah you never see catcher’s interference but twice in the same inning is crazy. And when Rizzo came up I was thinking to myself ‘dang he seems really close to the plate’…then he got drilled with the first pitch. All the sabermetrics in the world can’t fix that stuff, Billy…

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
rizz lives on the plate. i don't remember a player who gets more inside strikes called as balls than him. he has that 'back away' move when the ball, crossing the plate on the inside, seems to fake out the ump. and, when the bright lights are on, i expect him, giancarlo, and dj to always show up. toss in the reemergence of gleybar, the thing going on with gran torino, and i've always trusted hicks,
well, i guess that's why we lead in comebacks.
also been getting warmer and fuzzier on kinder falafel. he's no shrinking violet either. i really like how judge at the plate scares the pants off the comp. pretty cool. it seems like the baseball media treats aaron's ab's as 'must see tv.' our guy. also big fun.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
5 hits 2 games is all you need to know its coming. If Judge cools down, dead! Just can’t keep winning with smoke and mirrors with 5 guys in the lineup batting .220 and less. Hope the crow comes back but I am nervous. Even their win on Thursday was a quiet lineup until the 9th. This team could win a 100 but with this lineup can’t beat the Astros in a series period! Need trades or just another year.
it's official. u r insane. and joyless. yup, you're insane and joyless. with dry feet. yup, insane and joyless, but with dry feet, so there's that.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
It’s wild to see people freaking out about the Yankees after the Astros series. We still have the best team in baseball by 8 games and just navigated the toughest stretch of our schedule to date with a 9-4 record.

Yes, we need a contact guy in place of Gallo. But pretty complete team otherwise.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
With 18 games till the all star break, a 12-6 record gets the team to 40 games over. With series against the As, Pirates, Reds and faltering Indians, more than doable.

Then can play .500 ball the rest of the way and still hit 100 wins.

Reaction Score
It’s wild to see people freaking out about the Yankees after the Astros series. We still have the best team in baseball by 8 games and just navigated the toughest stretch of our schedule to date with a 9-4 record.

Yes, we need a contact guy in place of Gallo. But pretty complete team otherwise.
Came off a road trip on turf too with no days off coming into the Astros series and no days off prior to that road trip I believe.

Reaction Score
And it's not like we don't all realize that the wheels could potentially still come off this season. A few key injuries could definitely put a kibosh on this historic pace. But let's deal with that then and enjoy the ride for now. This, outside of Donaldson, is an easy team to root for and they are playing at a level unseen in decades.

Reaction Score
Despite Cliff-notes I’m having fun why wouldn’t I? But they will not be as great in the playoffs without 2 moves. A solid hitting OFer to replace Gallo (no not .227 like Hicks either lol) and yet another solid impact starter if one becomes available. Still waiting on Nestor to see if the nastiness is in trouble as well as Severino who looks nice, just needs to stay healthy.

Keep winning love it!

Reaction Score
It's real fun watching JP Sears pitch. Short pitcher with frenetic energy on the mound and active stuff.

Nice to see Sears finally make the club after joining the system nearly five years ago (acquired for Nick Rumbelow from the Mariners).

Reaction Score
Went down to NYC yesterday AM with the fam to see a play. Metro North filled with rowdy & excited CT NYY fans on their way to the game.

Ride back was full of sun-baked tired/drunk and noticeably dejected NYY fans.

Meanwhile, my Mets just keep winning series with timely hitting and with their two aces due to come back in the upcoming weeks.

Yanks need to figure things out or else there’s not gonna be a Subway series this fall…

Mets having trouble again with the Astros?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'And it's not like we don't all realize that the wheels could potentially still come off this season.'
i don't realize no such thing. i do realize that this is a fun team.

'baby, it's that time again,
grab the balloons and invite your friends...'

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom