The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021

Reaction Score
Beating the Orioles wow. The Mariners well they were playing good baseball and those are 3 good wins. But not sweeping is a shame leaving tons of runner on base again like they have all year. Love the Gil and Ridings performances so far, pretty exciting no doubt. Covid to Rizzo hurts Voit looked putrid yesterday in his return. Gallo, well great throw yesterday and I like the guy but what is he, about 5 for 30 with he Yanks? Need more than that.

Long way to go for sure, but getting back in it was impressive despite no Cole and others. If we lose 4 of 5 once again there will be a Cliffy disappearance. LOL

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
looks like aaron and the gang are developing a nice 'bullpen start' routine, wait, check dat, 'bullpen start rotation.' hot dang.
and, theese guys aren't even available:
cole
montgomery
severino
klubot
chapman
holmes
sanchez
rizzo
andujar
torrez
gio
german
frazier
schmidt
king
but most of them will be .......................... noice.

yanks win again.

Reaction Score
looks like aaron and the gang are developing a nice 'bullpen start' routine, wait, check dat, 'bullpen start rotation.' hot dang.
and, theese guys aren't even available:
cole
montgomery
severino
klubot
chapman
holmes
sanchez
rizzo
andujar
torrez
gio
german
frazier
schmidt
king
but most of them will be .......................... noice.

yanks win again.

Severino may never see the mound again, too bad. Can only hope the shoulder isn't bad although it doesn't look good. Most of those not available we might not want to see again but minus Britton puking they mad away with 2 of 3 from the other Sox pretty well done. Judge heating up a little helps no doubt but others getting some timely hits nice to see. Big week coming up especially the 3 games in 2 days. They need to get 2 of those 3 somehow as well.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Severino may never see the mound again, too bad. Can only hope the shoulder isn't bad although it doesn't look good. Most of those not available we might not want to see again but minus Britton puking they mad away with 2 of 3 from the other Sox pretty well done. Judge heating up a little helps no doubt but others getting some timely hits nice to see. Big week coming up especially the 3 games in 2 days. They need to get 2 of those 3 somehow as well.
dj getting back to his normal dj wonderfulness, team (but you knew this, amiright?) too, looking like they've got

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It doesn't look good for Cashman that two players he signed before they were FAs....Hicks and Severino....have struggled to get on the field. And Hicks struggled with his game even when he wasn't injured.

Reaction Score
Albert Abreu's #s in August: 1.86 ERA, 12Ks, 2 BBs, 7 hits in 9.2 IP.

It's been a long development and Abreu has always had good stuff but he's finally learning how to pitch effectively. Thank you Brian McCann.

Reaction Score
Albert Abreu's #s in August: 1.86 ERA, 12Ks, 2 BBs, 7 hits in 9.2 IP.

It's been a long development and Abreu has always had good stuff but he's finally learning how to pitch effectively. Thank you Brian McCann.
Yes like the kid. We will see a bit more on Gil today I guess vs the Sox. Ridings also has been very good the kids really helped as we had injuries and Covid situations. Big 3 gamer in 2 days will tell us more, and Cliffy too LOL.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

sox l's -40, yanks l's 47, 7/29/21. last day of season, 10/3/21.
patience is a virtue.

'sox l's -40, yanks l's 47, 7/29/21.'
update, 8/17/21 sox l's -53, yanks l's -52.

that was fast.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'they improved to an MLB best 45-23 in games decided by two runs or fewer.'
i don't have the meanness in me to swing by the metscellaneous mishigoss thread, now the expected ghosttown, to remind them of their season long foolishness.
don't be foolish. math is our friend.
should i back the truck up, experts?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Over their last eight games, the Yankees have had six different pitchers save games, three of which recording their first saves of the season (Britton, Abreu, Luetge).

Reaction Score
Over their last eight games, the Yankees have had six different pitchers save games, three of which recording their first saves of the season (Britton, Abreu, Luetge).

Ridings will be next. Certainly won't be Chapman, a disaster on his return. Smoke and mirrors for now huh?

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
It feels more like luck than talent. I love the fight they are showing...and they definitely have gotten more clutch hits than the first part of the season. But...wow...closing games is hard to watch right now.

But...it's working...which is all that matters.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
backedoverdrug.jpg

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
8 in a row, now one game back of 20 over, and 4 back of the rays.
before this thread hit double digit posts long ago, beavis and butthead started on their usual 'end of the world' stuff.
i'm still here, cuz it's a game, and nothing more.

Reaction Score
With the way Voit has been hitting, I'm expecting we will be seeing quite of a bit of the Jumbo Heavy offense with Rizzo at 1b, Voit DH, Stanton RF, Gallo LF & Judge CF. Throw in Sanchez behind the plate and that's a lineup of offensive linemen.

Needless to say, second half of the season has been much more enjoyable than the first. I love the energy that Velazquez brings. He's a AAAA-level talent, but watching him living his dream is a blast. The Yankees still struggle to score the runner from 3rd with less than two outs and that will cost them down the stretch and into the playoffs, but that's a worry for another day.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
With the way Voit has been hitting, I'm expecting we will be seeing quite of a bit of the Jumbo Heavy offense with Rizzo at 1b, Voit DH, Stanton RF, Gallo LF & Judge CF. Throw in Sanchez behind the plate and that's a lineup of offensive linemen.

Needless to say, second half of the season has been much more enjoyable than the first. I love the energy that Velazquez brings. He's a AAAA-level talent, but watching him living his dream is a blast. The Yankees still struggle to score the runner from 3rd with less than two outs and that will cost them down the stretch and into the playoffs, but that's a worry for another day.
stop worrying, and enjoy the ride cuz it's a doozy. yanks comeback on the sawx is the third greatest in their history. i think it's the 70s one, then a 40s one, and now. coolaroni.
2facrv.jpg

Reaction Score
Watching Donaldson chew out Angel Hernandez twice after striking out looking on two obvious strike calls has got me :D

Reaction Score
Watching him blast his first career HR at Yankee Stadium with his family in the crowd! Tears...feel so good for him!

Great story so happy for this kid and his family. Dream come true stuff fun to watch him play.

By the way Angel missed that blocking the plate call on Judge. Amazed Boone didn’t make them review it.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
10 in a row by beating the 9 in a row braves.
aroldis closed.

what if they never lose another game this decade? century?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
11 in a row. bombers struck out 15 times. so what, who cares? it's the times that they hit it that matters.
my decade/century thing still lives. lol.
mr boone, to you heathens, only used 7 pitchers tonite. can o' corn.
great game.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
So with it looking like Britton may be done for the year....and Chapman is awful...what do they do for a closer?

I know during the season bullpen by committee might work....does anyone feel comfortable going into the post season with that approach? Do they start developing another closer? Green? Loaisiga?

I don't know how you fix Chapman...but they really need to get him on track.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
So with it looking like Britton may be done for the year....and Chapman is awful...what do they do for a closer?

I know during the season bullpen by committee might work....does anyone feel comfortable going into the post season with that approach? Do they start developing another closer? Green? Loaisiga?

I don't know how you fix Chapman...but they really need to get him on track.
relax. it doesn't matter so much who is relief pitching, only when. take yesterday, for example. mr boone, he of the smokin hot hand, put's aroldis out there to see if he's ready to do back to back yet. he wasn't, so with the game on the line, mr boone yanks him, and puts in wandy (he of much ridicule here when that deal went down). boom. game over.
sooooo, no. not 'who,' but 'when' cuz we are armed and dangerous.
american-child-actors-george-spanky-mcfarland-and-scotty-beckett-of-picture-id102172069

try wrapping ur noggin around this - i'm thinking that sevey starts coming in from the pen in a week, or three. reasonably forseeable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom