The Official Mets 2021 Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

The Official Mets 2021 Thread

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Diaz still doesn't know where the ball is going sometimes, but nice to see him settle down the last few times out.

Reaction Score
Heading down to Citi for the doubleheader tonight with dad/dad-in-law for a (delayed) Father's Day visit to the ballfield...

First time ever at Citi Field...any quick general tips, suggestions for best food, etc.?

I see per their website that they allow soft small coolers with clear water bottles and food/snacks. How strict are they with it? Can you bring a clear plastic bottle of iced tea/lemonade? etc.

Thanks in advnace

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Heading down to Citi for the doubleheader tonight with dad/dad-in-law for a (delayed) Father's Day visit to the ballfield...

First time ever at Citi Field...any quick general tips, suggestions for best food, etc.?

I see per their website that they allow soft small coolers with clear water bottles and food/snacks. How strict are they with it? Can you bring a clear plastic bottle of iced tea/lemonade? etc.

Thanks in advnace
I was there a month ago and unfortunately none of the best food options seemed to be available. Mama's of Corona is apparently gone, and Fuku chicken sandwich was nowhere to be found. It was supposed to be roaming in the outfield concession area but we could not find it. Best bets are the taco stand in the outfield, Shake Shack and the BBQ joint, both of which are also in that area. Otherwise there are a few spots selling Pat LaFrieda filet mignon steak sandwiches.

I brought a clear stadium bag and for some reason they chose me to empty the whole damn thing and inspect every item. I had no contraband but they definitely checked for it. I brought bottled water but ended up drinking it all before we got there. I am guessing anything you bring in needs to be sealed, and I would expect them to check.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Thanks in advnace
Can't comment on Citi, but at PNC Park only unopened clear water bottles are allowed. I assume that's SOP everywhere, but who knows. So, the way to do lemonade/iced tea is simply bring in some mix packets in your pocket, or a bottle of Mio or whatever and mix it at your seat.

Reaction Score

Thanks in advnace
I was there Saturday with my dad for a late Father's Day game, of course it was the 1 game they lost but still lots of fun.

Agree with 8893, if you go behind CF that's all the best food. I've switched it up every time between places and nothing stands out above the rest but it's all very good.

The whole ballpark is debit/credit only, no more cash even for parking. Not sure which way you're coming from but for parking I always just park under the bridge, it's free and is only a 5 minute walk to get to the CF entrance

Reaction Score
I can't be the only one that winces watching Dom play LF, right? He just never looks comfortable, even on the more routine plays. I think the actual statistics probably play out find in the end....but it's not graceful watching it.

Reaction Score
I can't be the only one that winces watching Dom play LF, right? He just never looks comfortable, even on the more routine plays. I think the actual statistics probably play out find in the end....but it's not graceful watching it.
You're not the only one, and the stats don't back it up. He's statistically one of the worst defensive OFs in baseball. It's part of what will make this offseason so interesting because him and JD Davis both grade out as 1st percentile defenders who need to be at DH and there's only 1 spot for them

Reaction Score
I was there a month ago and unfortunately none of the best food options seemed to be available. Mama's of Corona is apparently gone, and Fuku chicken sandwich was nowhere to be found. It was supposed to be roaming in the outfield concession area but we could not find it. Best bets are the taco stand in the outfield, Shake Shack and the BBQ joint, both of which are also in that area. Otherwise there are a few spots selling Pat LaFrieda filet mignon steak sandwiches.

I brought a clear stadium bag and for some reason they chose me to empty the whole damn thing and inspect every item. I had no contraband but they definitely checked for it. I brought bottled water but ended up drinking it all before we got there. I am guessing anything you bring in needs to be sealed, and I would expect them to check.

I was there Saturday with my dad for a late Father's Day game, of course it was the 1 game they lost but still lots of fun.

Agree with 8893, if you go behind CF that's all the best food. I've switched it up every time between places and nothing stands out above the rest but it's all very good.

The whole ballpark is debit/credit only, no more cash even for parking. Not sure which way you're coming from but for parking I always just park under the bridge, it's free and is only a 5 minute walk to get to the CF entrance

Thanks for all the tips! We had a great time last night (other than getting annoyed with the lack of Mets hitting...doubleheader sweep was ripe for the taking if we could have had 1 or 2 timely hits in the 1st game).

Some random thoughts/impressions on Citi Field:

-Getting to the stadium, parking, and leaving the lots were all easy-peazy. We parked in the Citi lots to save some walking my 83-yo FIL.
-The HOF & Museum was really cool. I never realized the Polo grounds had a 258-ft left field line. Righty pull hitters musta loved it for the 2 years they played there.
-3rd base line seats are really nice for afternoon games...were were in the shade the entire time which was nice on a 90+ degree humid day.
-Bag check was pretty lenient. I had 4 clear water bottles in my cooler and a bunch of snacks. No hassles given by the bag checker whatsoever. Same went for my dad & FIL.
-Liked the different food choices and beer choices throughout the concourse in our area (section 328). Prices were OK for a MLB stadium.
-Centerfield pavilion area was great. My daughter and I opted for the taco stand. Tacos were tasty (though would have preferred 3 tacos instead of 2) and the corn-on-the-cob was awesome.

Observations on the games:

-Maybe I don't notice this as much watching the games on TV, but both teams did a great job playing the hitters for their usual outfield hitting spots. So many well-hit balls to the gaps from both teams just turned into routine outs due to the outfielder positioning.
-The infield shifts work more often than not (which is annoying) so they aren't going away any time soon unless rules change
-Conforto had some great at bats but came out of the games with little to show for it
-Edwin Diaz is a beast when he's on!

Reaction Score
I can't believe a team who's competing continues to give starts to Jerad Eickhoff

Reaction Score
I can't believe a team who's competing continues to give starts to Jerad Eickhoff
Carrasco coming back at least gives us 5 major league starters. I’m not sure if there is an impact arm they can get or if the cost would be worth it, but I think they need to make another trade like the one for Hill. Give up barely anything and get someone who can give you 5. I’m tired of the constant bullpen games and starting guys like Eickhoff.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

With Boras as his agent I am guessing this will end up in a stalemate with the kid going back to school and the Mets getting a compensation pick next year.

If Rocker doesn't even need TJS then I would be stunned if the Mets let this fall through. They're trying to negotiate for a lower contract, but I'll bet when push comes to shove they still sign him for $6 million. Even if he needed Tommy John, what's the risk? You lose the player and don't get to draft another in his place until next year, when you almost certainly won't get a player that's as talented.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Well that was a bit of a nail biter of an 8th & 9th. Conforto with a great game saver throw!

Obviously it was because of the situation, but I was wondering right before that play if the Mets have thrown a runner out at the plate this season. I'm sure they did before Conforto's play, but I couldn't think of a situation where they had.

Reaction Score
I love this move. I suspect many here will hate him because he strikes out a lot, not looking forward to more of those arguments here

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I love having Baez as a stand in for Lindor and I really loving getting another starter for our rotation. Solid move.

Reaction Score
I love having Baez as a stand in for Lindor and I really loving getting another starter for our rotation. Solid move.
The defense with the 2 of them up the middle is going to be insane once Lindor is back. Especially guys like like Stroman, deGrom, Megill who are so ground ball dependent

Reaction Score
I’m just done with Conforto. I know they have to offer him the qualifying offer but I’m just dreading him accepting and doing the same crap next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom