The Official Mets 2021 Thread | The Boneyard

The Official Mets 2021 Thread

Reaction Score
Buzz on Twitter is a 3 year deal for 90m and an opt out after year 1 for Trevor Bauer.

Jesus. deGrom, Bauer, Thor, Stroman and Peterson/Carrasco? And a pen behind it???

Reaction Score
Are we good with Diaz as closer?
I am.

Look at what's behind him? Betances, Trevor May, Lugo and Familia. Gselman if you need an out or an inning too?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Buzz on Twitter is a 3 year deal for 90m and an opt out after year 1 for Trevor Bauer.
Ah, well. Looks like the Mets were simply used to raise the price, as usual.

And the Dodgers like to spend even more than Uncle $teve.

Reaction Score
Yeah. To be "in the mix" on Arenado, Bauer and Springer and get none of the 3 is a little bitter. Looking back, I can't say I think either of the 3 are worth what they got? And to pay Bauer 40m a year with Jake on his contract would be uncomfortable.

Who is left to make sure they lock down? JBJ? I almost feel like I can live with Nimmo over him.

Reaction Score
I thought Diaz was very good in 2020 despite a few loud and memorable bad pitches.. Overall his peripherals were fantastic.

The Bauer thing is whatever, he played us. Not the first time or last time a guy has done it.

I like the Villar signing, he's going to come in real handy.

Would definitely like another bullpen arm and a starter, Paxton still out there...

Reaction Score
Read this morning that we are deep in talks with Taijwan Walker.

Would absolutely love that, great stopgap until Thor is back and then a solid #4 with Peterson or Lucchesi as the #5

Reaction Score
Read this morning that we are deep in talks with Taijwan Walker.

Would absolutely love that, great stopgap until Thor is back and then a solid #4 with Peterson or Lucchesi as the #5
It's like they are a different team, in the mix on a lot of solid depth and testing the waters on the bigger pieces. Sure ain't the Wilpons in charge anymore.

Reaction Score
Is it just me or does it seem like every single player on the roster is excited to be on the Mets right now?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Thought we had a good, not great offseason (on the field, that is...off the field, we had about the best possible offseson in getting rid of the Wilpons). I would've liked us to have gotten one of the big free agents, especially Springer or Realmuto since they would've filled big holes, but overall we improved the team so I'm happy.

Reaction Score
Thought we had a good, not great offseason (on the field, that is...off the field, we had about the best possible offseson in getting rid of the Wilpons). I would've liked us to have gotten one of the big free agents, especially Springer or Realmuto since they would've filled big holes, but overall we improved the team so I'm happy.

I would have liked Springer too. I never understood the allure of Realmuto and don't mind missing out on him.

The one thing we need to keep in mind is, everyone who wants to get paid is going to put us on the short list to either grab the check here or drive up their price. There are going to be a lot of Springers and Bauers that we just don't end up getting with Cohen in charge.

Reaction Score
I'm happy with the offseason now that Walker was signed. I would have loved Springer because Nimmo is not a CF and next year's FA class is awful with CFs.

The biggest change is how much depth on the bench and at AAA they have which I think is going to be so valuable. Being able to give starts to guys like Lucchesi and Yamamoto as the 6th and 7th SPs (and 7/8 once Syndergaard is back) instead of Corey Oswalt is a huge benefit. Also love having proven guys like Villar/Pillar/Martinez on the bench is a huge plus as well

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah Springer is where they really screwed up. We're pretty much guaranteed to be playing someone out of position until 2023 at the earliest (unless JBJ's market has cratered and we jump in and sign him).

Reaction Score
Yeah Springer is where they really screwed up. We're pretty much guaranteed to be playing someone out of position until 2023 at the earliest (unless JBJ's market has cratered and we jump in and sign him).
I would think signing Pillar means we're out on JBJ, no?

Reaction Score
Pillar could platoon with JBJ in CF if there's a universal DH but that's not looking likely at this point. Both sides want to hold that as leverage and neither side is budging

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If the Wilpons were still owners, I would say yes, but why do we have the richest owner in baseball if we're concerned about the $5 million we gave Kevin Pillar? Just get the best 26 players you can and sort it all out later.

Reaction Score
Ten more years for Lindor!
Was just coming to post this. He's playing out his current 1 year deal and they've added 10 more years at $341M. That is an insane amount of money and probably more than he is worth, but it's Cohen's money not mine.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Was just coming to post this. He's playing out his current 1 year deal and they've added 10 more years at $341M. That is an insane amount of money and probably more than he is worth, but it's Cohen's money not mine.
Exactly.

Reaction Score
As a lifelong Mets/Jets guy, I am usually pretty good at tempering my expectations.....however, if deGrom spins a real gem and Lindor goes off tonight against the Nats, my expectations are going to jump off the meter.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
As a lifelong Mets/Jets guy, I am usually pretty good at tempering my expectations.....however, if deGrom spins a real gem and Lindor goes off tonight against the Nats, my expectations are going to jump off the meter.
We do have a history of being the Boys of Spring.

Reaction Score
Mets game cancelled tonight. Nationals have someone who tested positive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom