The Official 2022 Mets Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 Mets Thread

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Houston. We have a problem.

Tough team. Glad we won't see them again unless we both make it to the WS.

We need: one solid starter and two solid relievers (lefties preferred); and one more bat would be nice, too.

Atlanta has a little easier schedule than we do between now and the all-star break; and we play each other three times in that span.

Holding on to first place until then is not going to be easy, but most important will be the moves we make (or don't make), and what the Braves do (or don't do).

I hope Max feels well enough after tonight to return on Monday. That would be a big boost. Beyond him and Bassitt, we are pretty shaky. And I am not putting any stock in deGrom's return until he starts actually playing games. After a year without facing live batters, I can't imagine that his "ramping up" is going to go quickly.

Reaction Score
Houston. We have a problem.

Tough team. Glad we won't see them again unless we both make it to the WS.

We need: one solid starter and two solid relievers (lefties preferred); and one more bat would be nice, too.

Atlanta has a little easier schedule than we do between now and the all-star break; and we play each other three times in that span.

Holding on to first place until then is not going to be easy, but most important will be the moves we make (or don't make), and what the Braves do (or don't do).

I hope Max feels well enough after tonight to return on Monday. That would be a big boost. Beyond him and Bassitt, we are pretty shaky. And I am not putting any stock in deGrom's return until he starts actually playing games. After a year without facing live batters, I can't imagine that his "ramping up" is going to go quickly.
I have zero expectations for deGrom and anything he gives is a bonus. I am banking on Max putting us on his back in the stretch and postseason.

I also expect Uncle Steve to be very active. I'd be shocked if he doesn't get us a starter and some bullpen air cover.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
found in the comments of yesterdays ny post story,
'In the last 30 days, the Mets are 23rd in offense, that's way down from their 12th overall Year to Date stats,' and dropped here cuz one of youse knuckleheads had the audacity to post trash on our beautiful bombers thread.
hav sum

oh that pressure,
knocks you down.
has your head
spinning all around...

c'est chic!
now, i'll head over to our board, and put up another of their hits. it's called 'good times.' prolly eat a bowl of skyline chili, too.

Reaction Score
Toby Turner Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
Spliffyboy is referring to me. I threw a little shade at the Yanks in their BY thread last weekend after they got no-hit by the Astros. I had gone down to NY and got to see lots of dejected fans coming back from the game on the Metro North. Basically said they need to sort some things out if we want to see a Subway Series this fall.

It’s fairly clear we also have some sorting out to do to boost our chances. But I think we’ll do it…

Reaction Score
Spliffyboy is referring to me. I threw a little shade at the Yanks in their BY thread last weekend after they got no-hit by the Astros. I had gone down to NY and got to see lots of dejected fans coming back from the game on the Metro North. Basically said they need to sort some things out if we want to see a Subway Series this fall.

It’s fairly clear we also have some sorting out to do to boost our chances. But I think we’ll do it…
His posts make my head hurt.

Reaction Score
Happy Bobby Bonilla Day!
I’d love it if the Mets really leaned in to this. Have him throw out the first pitch and present him with a giant check. Give out bobble heads of him holding the check.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I'm guessing we hear tonight pre-game that Scherzer is good to go for Monday or Tuesday in Cincinnati and get confirmation on deGrom's rehab start Sunday. I will say, you didn't mention the guy that's been healthy pretty much all year (outside of one quick 10 day IL stretch) and been consistently good that whole time, and that's Taijuan Walker. He's been a godsend to our rotation during this last month of struggles and injuries.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm guessing we hear tonight pre-game that Scherzer is good to go for Monday or Tuesday in Cincinnati and get confirmation on deGrom's rehab start Sunday. I will say, you didn't mention the guy that's been healthy pretty much all year (outside of one quick 10 day IL stretch) and been consistently good that whole time, and that's Taijuan Walker. He's been a godsend to our rotation during this last month of struggles and injuries.
Yes I overlooked Walker. Good catch and my bad.

Agree on Max and yes I expect to hear that deGrom will make a rehab start soon, but my point is that I don’t expect his rehab stints to be as few as Max’s or to go as quickly because he never ramped up and will need to do it more gradually.

The good news is that Max is back faster than initially expected, but I’ll be curious to see how dominant he is. And Jake appears to be on target for after the all-star break as expected.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yes I overlooked Walker. Good catch and my bad.

Agree on Max and yes I expect to hear that deGrom will make a rehab start soon, but my point is that I don’t expect his rehab stints to be as few as Max’s or to go as quickly because he never ramped up and will need to do it more gradually.

The good news is that Max is back faster than initially expected, but I’ll be curious to see how dominant he is. And Jake appears to be on target for after the all-star break as expected.

Agreed on both points. I'm glad Max got the 2nd rehab start and now he can come back and throw 80-90 pitches right away. Assuming Jake feels good after each start and goes every 5ish days, he's most likely to make his season debut that first weekend after the ASB. They are predicting he will need 3-5 rehab starts, and after his 3rd start he would next be ready to go during the all-star break, so it would make sense to have him pitch a simulated game during that stretch so he stays on schedule. After that he would hopefully be ready to go.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
McCann: 1 HR, 7 RBI .171 avg.
Another bust at catcher.
Is Mackey Sasser still alive?

Reaction Score
Another bust at catcher.
I went to the Yard Goats when Binghamton was in town and Alvarez went 0-4 with a lazy flyout and 3 strikeouts with hard wild swings on every strike. I didn't think he had the plate discipline for the bigs yet (based on my ridiculous data sample) but can he be any worse than McCann? I mean, I think Mazeika is maybe even more exciting offensively than McCann at this point.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I went to the Yard Goats when Binghamton was in town and Alvarez went 0-4 with a lazy flyout and 3 strikeouts with hard wild swings on every strike. I didn't think he had the plate discipline for the bigs yet (based on my ridiculous data sample) but can he be any worse than McCann? I mean, I think Mazeika is maybe even more exciting offensively than McCann at this point.

You must've had some bad luck, he hit 13 homers in his last 26 double-A games so he's been crushing the ball. If he wasn't a catcher I think he'd already be up, but he still has to work some on his defense. He's not a bad defender but still a little raw defensively and he's only 20, which is really young for a catcher to come up.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Mazieka is worse. Nido should be named starter.

Reaction Score
Mazieka is worse. Nido should be named starter.
Nido is somehow worse than McCann, he's one of the worst hitters in all of baseball. He has a 45 wRC+ this year (McCann is barely better at 48)

Reaction Score
You must've had some bad luck, he hit 13 homers in his last 26 double-A games so he's been crushing the ball. If he wasn't a catcher I think he'd already be up, but he still has to work some on his defense. He's not a bad defender but still a little raw defensively and he's only 20, which is really young for a catcher to come up.

I’m not arguing that. I was excited to see him and caught a bad night. He homered the next game. And he’s built like a washing machine. Stocky and solid.

Reaction Score
My name is Deepster and I want to apologize for not loving Brandon Nimmo more to this point.

He really has been a great Met and other than a couple injuries he is a consistent contributor in a lot of different ways all over the field. I’d love to see him really carve out a special piece in Mets lore (along w McNeil).

Alum86

Reaction Score
Another bust at catcher.
LOL. I trash him and he goes off the last 2 games. Now 11 RBIs…..or @ 1M per…..

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I’m tired of facing Alcantara. I’m tired of the Marlins. Let’s fare well against the Braves and take a breather and come back with pitchers 1-5 and a full roster for the 2nd half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom