The Official 2022 Mets Thread | Page 26 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 Mets Thread

Reaction Score
You know I’m torn about Jake. But we’re not getting Judge and Uncle $teve has to put fannies in the seats. It’s not my money and we need an ace. I’m worried about Jake’s durability but I don’t know who is a better bet. And he creates a buzz, which is important in New York.
I think you're underclubbing the contract he'll get and the impact of it. With his stats, he's going to require a contract that, if he doesn't produce and he's hurt for a length of time, he'll cripple our ability to go get other pieces. Even with Uncle Stevie's deep pockets. And his agent knows a) his injury history and b) this being his last big payday.

Who is a better bet? What about Ohtani?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
too nice a day not to double down, and give myself an extra chuckle at the expense of mets fans.
my entire existence, longer than that of a squirrel, i've said to mets pals,
'when u gonna win something? i mean, every other team in the division has won a ring since youse did it back in the days before electricity.'
and this year, the formerly stinko fillies fired their manager midseason, and yet they still went to the series. must have been their better mascot.
youse talk aboot flashin the cash (numbah 1 i think last season), but u let those two starters walk out the door recently. smooth move, exlax.
meet the mets, beat the mets, head to the park and defeat the mets...
catchy tune, no?
p's and c's loosening up in like 90 days. and forget fogelberg. that poor guy is dead, too, after spinning such great mets hits like The Reach, The Last Nail, and Lonely in Love.
but hey, im sure jakes arm won't fall off the minute he signs a deal. just don't let him use the drive up atm to deposit it. sometimes, it's a stretch to reach it when you don't park close cuz ur worried aboot smashing the sideview mirror.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
too nice a day not to double down, and give myself an extra chuckle at the expense of mets fans.
my entire existence, longer than that of a squirrel, i've said to mets pals,
'when u gonna win something? i mean, every other team in the division has won a ring since youse did it back in the days before electricity.'
and this year, the formerly stinko fillies fired their manager midseason, and yet they still went to the series. must have been their better mascot.
youse talk aboot flashin the cash (numbah 1 i think last season), but u let those two starters walk out the door recently. smooth move, exlax.
meet the mets, beat the mets, head to the park and defeat the mets...
catchy tune, no?
p's and c's loosening up in like 90 days. and forget fogelberg. that poor guy is dead, too, after spinning such great mets hits like The Reach, The Last Nail, and Lonely in Love.
but hey, im sure jakes arm won't fall off the minute he signs a deal. just don't let him use the drive up atm to deposit it. sometimes, it's a stretch to reach it when you don't park close cuz ur worried aboot smashing the sideview mirror.

Aren't you a Yankees fan? It's been 13 years for you, which is a lifetime for a fanbase that thinks their don't stink.

Reaction Score
What is the thought process between offering Carrasco the option but not Walker?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
What is the thought process between offering Carrasco the option but not Walker?

Carrasco had a team option for $14 million; Walker would have been offered the QO which this year is $19.65 million. So I would imagine the $5.5 million in savings was the big factor. Walker could have also turned down the qualifying offer, whereas Carrasco's contract allowed for a team option so he had no say.

Reaction Score
Walker's was a player option for 1/$6M, he'll definitely get more than that so he turned it down. Carrasco's was a team option and he'd also get more than the $14M he's making now so was an easy decision to make for the Mets

Reaction Score
I’m not. He took the money and an easy path. He’ll never pitch another meaningful game and be on the DL half the year and cash a huge check. Not someone you want to build a champion with.

Reaction Score
I’m not. He took the money and an easy path. He’ll never pitch another meaningful game and be on the DL half the year and cash a huge check. Not someone you want to build a champion with.
Oh logically I’m fine with what happened. I’ll never blame someone for taking the money.

Reaction Score
Oh logically I’m fine with what happened. I’ll never blame someone for taking the money.

Let me ask you this. Assume the Rangers don’t get to a WS in the next five years?

What is Jacob deGroms best moment? Some masterpiece in May?

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
DeGone. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out to anonymity in Arlington. He just blew his shot at a championship (s) and the HOF. I trust Uncle Stevie.

Reaction Score
Let me ask you this. Assume the Rangers don’t get to a WS in the next five years?

What is Jacob deGroms best moment? Some masterpiece in May?

How is that different than his last 5 years? What’s his signature moment been? He’s started one playoff game and this with two cy young’s and a 3rd place finish.

I’m definitely interested in seeing what Cohen does with the deGrom money.

Reaction Score
DeGone. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out to anonymity in Arlington. He just blew his shot at a championship (s) and the HOF. I trust Uncle Stevie.
How did he blow a shot at the HoF? If he wins a cy young on a bad team that should be enough. The championship part I agree with.

Reaction Score
Doesn't hurt much since I've been expecting this for months. But at the same time not gonna kill him on his way out. Top 2 Mets player of my lifetime and when he goes into the Hall of Fame it'll be with a Mets cap

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
How did he blow a shot at the HoF?
You realize he's 82-57 In his 10 year career? Like the NY Post said, even the mistakes are bigger in Texas :eek::p

Reaction Score
I hate that I kinda agree with this. I'm trying not to be sour grapes but it's difficult.

Reaction Score
How is that different than his last 5 years? What’s his signature moment been? He’s started one playoff game and this with two cy young’s and a 3rd place finish.

I’m definitely interested in seeing what Cohen does with the deGrom money.
Rodon and Bassitt would be great.. Verlander and Bassitt would be great..

Turner and Rodon would be magical.. put him in center and wow.

Reaction Score
You realize he's 82-57 In his 10 year career? Like the NY Post said, even the mistakes are bigger in Texas :eek::p
I’m aware. Wins also aren’t going to be nearly as important to HoF voters going forward. There was a time you couldn’t win a Cy Young with a crappy record and he won them back to back (with 29/30 1st place votes each time) going 10-9 and 11-8.

The contract is most likely a mistake because of both the length and AAV, but if he has one more big year left in him and is reasonably healthy the other 4 (bigger IF) then I think he makes it in easy. A third Cy Young this year and he could make it without throwing another pitch.

Reaction Score
Verlander is a guy who wants to pitch the big game in the spotlight. Not shrink up and cash a check on an also-ran. And we get to see Kate Upton a lot now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom