The letter that turned Sue Bird into a legend and a leader | The Boneyard

The letter that turned Sue Bird into a legend and a leader

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Sue talks about her new job with the Denver Nuggets, about her natural shyness, and about how her AAU coach and Dawn Staley both helped her push past her shyness to be a great leader.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sue has an interesting personality. Both sides are clearly evident. Importantly, she knows herself and is able to make course corrections. As we all know, Geno told her, "When something goes wrong on the floor, it's YOUR fault." He put more responsibility on her than she would have taken on by herself, but he knew she could handle it.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It is funny Sue should view bring cautious early in a career as being a negative to be overcome and fought through. I think it is the optimal strategy when you are new to a situation to be cautious and to listen before speaking. Then you grow and evolve into the new responsibilities and leadership will naturally follow (if it is within you). Of course, if your boss (like Geno) wants to push you right into the deep water, than you go for it.

Reaction Score
Besides Sue's undeniable BB talents, she has evolved into a great role model and in peace with herself!! Her loyalty and love to UConn is always there!!

Reaction Score
Sue talks about her new job with the Denver Nuggets, about her natural shyness, and about how her AAU coach and Dawn Staley both helped her push past her shyness to be a great leader.

Before Jill Cook, I remember Sue playing AAU ball for John Moran in the 7th or 8th grade, for the Liberty Belles, on a team that finished 1st or 2nd in the AAU Nationals, a strong team that also featured stars Niesha Butler and Gillian McGovern & others. Don't get me wrong, Jill, a friend of mine, was probably her main mentor in those Liberty Belles days of yore.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think that clip just illustrates why Sue should be the natural and obvious successor to Geno when he retires (hopefully in not less than 5 years).

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think that clip just illustrates why Sue should be the natural and obvious successor to Geno when he retires (hopefully in not less than 5 years).
Until she proves she can coach at any level I remain a Berube fan through and through. Now, she'd make a fine assistant coach under Carla, no doubt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom