The Last of Us | The Boneyard

The Last of Us

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Anyone check this out? It got great reviews and so far through two episodes I've really enjoyed it. This might be the first time they adapt a video game into a TV show and it's legitimately good.

The scene with the clickers (the infected that can't see) was really well done. They did a great job building tension, although they skipped the part from the game where Joel dies 15 times before finally taking them out ;)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This is an awesome show. There really isn’t anything better at this point.

Yeah I'm not surprised considering the creator of the original game is an EP along with the show runner from Chernobyl.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm not surprised considering the creator of the original game is an EP along with the show runner from Chernobyl.

If you aren’t already then you should listen to the Official HBO Last of Us podcast. It has both of them on there.

I really need to get the game when the season is over, although the show has deviated from the game some from what I have heard.

Last night’s episode was so good that I think Nick and Murray should win all the rewards.

How about that scene in the beginning of episode 2 which is really episode 3. That scene in Indonesia was very much like a scene from Chernobyl.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If you aren’t already then you should listen to the Official HBO Last of Us podcast. It has both of them on there.

I really need to get the game when the season is over, although the show has deviated from the game some from what I have heard.

Last night’s episode was so good that I think Nick and Murray should win all the rewards.

How about that scene in the beginning of episode 2 which is really episode 3. That scene in Indonesia was very much like a scene from Chernobyl.

Yeah I've been listening to the podcast the last two weeks. The game is also fantastic, and there's been some deviation but it follows most of the main beats.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's a good show. It also produced loads of memes thanks to it's "10 miles outside of Boston" moment in episode 3. That was hilariously bad. This is evidently Newton, MA. I see a distinct lack of dense, expensive homes or Dunkin Donuts.

1675433665101.png

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Episode 3 was outstanding.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Oh Kathleen. You would have been a good villain.
I could never buy as as badass with that voice. Plus, I just saw her in Lady of the Manor and that was dumb. But my wife says, "But Yellowjackets!!"

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Oh Kathleen. You would have been a good villain.
She was a good villain. Seems most episodes kill everyone but the two leads. I think they used one actual (CGI modified) shot of KC, when they were looking out of the window. Better than their 10 miles outside of Boston effort.

Reaction Score
She was a good villain. Seems most episodes kill everyone but the two leads. I think they used one actual (CGI modified) shot of KC, when they were looking out of the window. Better than their 10 miles outside of Boston effort.

Yeah she was good. I would have liked her to continue but I am sure they have bigger plans.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So episode 6 was good, we finally see Joel open up a bit and begin to accept his situation and build a relationship with Ellie. The writing is good. Ellie is clever and funny and Bella does a good job with her. I liked the subtle bits where he explains football.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I thought Episode 7 was kind of mediocre compared to the others.
Honestly, thought it was boring. I get what they tried to do, explaining her need to connect with Joel, plus her general backstory and they emotional hell she would have endured being bitten, and then surviving. Probably how she ended up with the Fireflies. But they could have done that in 20 minutes, not 45.

Reaction Score
Honestly, thought it was boring. I get what they tried to do, explaining her need to connect with Joel, plus her general backstory and they emotional hell she would have endured being bitten, and then surviving. Probably how she ended up with the Fireflies. But they could have done that in 20 minutes, not 45.

I say the same thing. Maybe 30 minutes. It just seems too late in the season for backstory. They need to pushing the plot forward not get bogged down.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Based on what game events haven't been shown yet, I agree, it's going to be tough to fit it all into two episodes, especially since the finale is only around 40 minutes.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Based on what game events haven't been shown yet, I agree, it's going to be tough to fit it all into two episodes, especially since the finale is only around 40 minutes.
I don't expect them to wrap it up this season.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I don't expect them to wrap it up this season.

They kind of have to at this point. There's not nearly enough story from the first game for them to drag this out another season, and without spoiling anything, it just wouldn't make sense to show the events of the ending of game 1 anytime except at the end of a season.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
They kind of have to at this point. There's not nearly enough story from the first game for them to drag this out another season, and without spoiling anything, it just wouldn't make sense to show the events of the ending of game 1 anytime except at the end of a season.
I'm an XBox guy, so never played it.

Reaction Score
Of what's left, there's not actually a great deal of pure story stuff - a lot of what remains in the game is gameplay. They can fit it, AND have room for even more added content, which from what I understand there will be some. I think the next ep will be devoted to the "winter" part of the game.

Next episode we get to see the original game voice actor for Joel, playing a side role
At some point the game's voice actress for Ellie also plays a role this season
She plays Ellie's mother, presumably in a flashback

Reaction Score
They came back strong for episode 8. That ending :eek: Sad that next week is already the season finale (but definitely excited for it)

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
They came back strong for episode 8. That ending :eek: Sad that next week is already the season finale (but definitely excited for it)
Ellie. Damn. That girl is spirited and has a hell of a survival instinct. Joel was pretty damned ruthless too. Made up for the snooze fest last week.

Reaction Score
Finale thoughts? I just watched it and feel conflicted and like I feel the need to process it.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Finale thoughts? I just watched it and feel conflicted and like I feel the need to process it.
Lying to her is BS. He needed to give her the choice. So did the fireflies. That said. The Doctor’s reasoning is crap. It wasn’t going to work and brain surgery wasn’t needed. They need to simply know that the placenta protected her. It’s information Marlene should have figured out. Hence the birth scene. From that they can devise something. Now Joel killed everyone who might know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom