The Geno - Whalen - Paige Nexus | The Boneyard

The Geno - Whalen - Paige Nexus

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It really is very interesting how the Geno - Whalen - Paige career overlaps are in focus

Lots of interesting quotes including women competing in this tournament for the first time

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Very nice quote from Geno - obviously he regards Whalen warmly! The last line - classic Geno!!

He also has a strong memory of facing Whalen as a player in 2004.

“It’s torture because it’s another reminder how old I am,” Auriemma joked on Friday. “It’s just great when really good players, like Lindsay was in college, become really good players in the WNBA, become All-Stars and then decide to stay in game and try to impart some of what they know to the players that are coming up today. I just think it’s a great thing. I wish more people would do it. More former players would do it.

“I’m not surprised that her team has gotten better each year that she’s been there and they’ll continue to get better. I’m excited for her and for her team, except for tomorrow.

Whalen on Geno:

Geno gave me a real opportunity in my career … he put me on the team and from that point on the trajectory from my playing career was a lot different. I owe him a lot,” Whalen said. “I got a lot of respect for him and what he’s done for our game and what he’s done for me personally in my career.

“Watching him watching Sue (Bird), watching Diana (Taurasi), Swin (Cash), Asjha (Jones), some of those guys, watching them on a day-to-day basis I learned from that point on how to carry myself after that point of winning as a champion
.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I remember when Geno was asked during the 2012 Olympics if any player surprised him, he said Whalen. Squeezed every bit out of her physical talents.

No doubt she has a good eye for talent and toughness

Whalen, who has been watching Bueckers closely for years, was asked Friday about the UConn star.

“She’s got great length. She’s got a real good command of the game and her team,” Whalen said. “Obviously, (she) has a great shot and knack for making big plays. … No question, she’s a great player. I’ve gotten to know her throughout the years. She’s a tough kid.

“She works hard, so give her a lot of credit for what she’s earned so far in her career.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom