The Geno Auriemma Show - 2/18/2017 | The Boneyard

The Geno Auriemma Show - 2/18/2017

Reaction Score
Very interesting, especially in light of the Tulane game.

What stuck out for me, and this went along with what i was thinking during Tulane, are Geno's comments about Saniya. That she will at some point coming up show she is one of the best guards in the country. I have been hoping for her to do that for a long time. I think in the Tulane game she need to be more assertive and it was actually one of her worst games of the season. Yes, she shot a few more three's but she is the best at getting to the basket, they should have had her drive more and kick if the defense collapsed or get a layup and a foul if they play her straight up. I think if she had done that a few times it would have opened things up for everyone. Anyway with Kia out I think she needs to pick up a bigger portion of the offense.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Yes, she shot a few more three's but she is the best at getting to the basket, they should have had her drive more and kick if the defense collapsed or get a layup and a foul if they play her straight up. I think if she had done that a few times it would have opened things up for everyone. Anyway with Kia out I think she needs to pick up a bigger portion of the offense.
I'm with you. The blow-by!!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I said the same thing to my wife during the game -- Saniya and Crystal (and Lou) needed to drive to the basket.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score

What stuck out for me, and this went along with what i was thinking during Tulane, are Geno's comments about Saniya. That she will at some point coming up show she is one of the best guards in the country. I have been hoping for her to do that for a long time. I think in the Tulane game she need to be more assertive and it was actually one of her worst games of the season. Yes, she shot a few more three's but she is the best at getting to the basket, they should have had her drive more and kick if the defense collapsed or get a layup and a foul if they play her straight up. I think if she had done that a few times it would have opened things up for everyone. Anyway with Kia out I think she needs to pick up a bigger portion of the offense.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I wish Saniya believed what Geno believes she's capable of doing for the Team.

Reaction Score

The problem with this theory ( and I agree that Soniya is great when she attacks the basket ), is that Tulane's primary strategy was to close down the paint area, and dare UCONN to win with outside shots. It worked pretty well, because UCONN was not hitting them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom