The Dunk & Women's Basketball | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Dunk & Women's Basketball

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Nate Robinson from UW, generously listed as 5-9, dunked all the time in games. I was there the night of his famous tip dunk over the top of 6-9 Channing Frye from Arizona. Well, it's famous around here anyway.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I'm not in agreement with the "hating" on the dunk in men's basketball - which I don't watch - because, as has been pointed out numerous times, for those that can it is the highest percentage scoring play.

I think that in most cases in the women's game, it is not the highest percentage scoring play for those specific players that can dunk. And I'm pretty sure that h*ll hath no fury like a coach who's player misses a dunk when a lay in might have helped to win the game.

Reaction Score
Also in baseball, pitching is an unnatural motion that is why pitch counts are followed closely at every level. Softball a pitcher can go everyday because it is the natural motion. I had a torn rotator cuff and a torn labrum from pitching. a friend of mine played with Bobby Bonds and he would come to Bristol ( played in the Giants organization with him Nice guy!
While the pitching motion for softball is easier on the shoulder than the pitching motion for baseball, they are now starting to keep pitch counts for softball pitchers (at least at the NCAA Division 1 level) and most of the top teams now have a pitching staff rather than just one pitcher logging the majority of innings. Part of it is just to change up the look the batters get during the course of a game, but they have also found that throwing hundreds of pitches in a three game series does increase the chance of shoulder and arm injury for softball pitchers.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
if you ever played basketball... you wanted to dunk! male female, short tall, smart or not so smart, etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom