OT: - The Curse of Oak Island | The Boneyard

OT: The Curse of Oak Island

Reaction Score
Which will happen first? The Lagina brothers find the buried pirate plunder or the UConn men win another championship? I’m starting to lean towards the treasure will be found soon but who knows.

Reaction Score
My wife and I watch this EVERY GD WEEK and laugh at how ridiculous it is, yet at the same time the story and the mystery is beyond fascinating.

What a story, I truly hope we find out what's down there in my lifetime. I really want to know.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
And here I was thinking Captain Kidd's treasure was buried somewhere in the Thimble Islands, as I was told that legend growing up in that area. Looks like I will have to take my 30+ year search much farther north.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is this still on? They could have excavated most of Nova Scotia by now. It was fun for a bit then I gave up.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Is this still on? They could have excavated most of Nova Scotia by now. It was fun for a bit then I gave up.

Quitter

Reaction Score
Speaking of excavation, what I don't understand is why they don't just do the "big dig" that they've hinted at a few times. That whole money pit area which is about a half a square mile, why not just have like a calculated dig from like 5 giant excavators and dig the entire area up 20 feet at a time? I mean I guess it gets bizarre because whatever is down there is at least 100 feet down so I guess I don't know what I mean anyway... Just thinking out loud

temery

What?
Reaction Score
They'll find big foot before any treasure.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Speaking of excavation, what I don't understand is why they don't just do the "big dig" that they've hinted at a few times. That whole money pit area which is about a half a square mile, why not just have like a calculated dig from like 5 giant excavators and dig the entire area up 20 feet at a time? I mean I guess it gets bizarre because whatever is down there is at least 100 feet down so I guess I don't know what I mean anyway... Just thinking out loud
One guy Dunfield did just that. There were a lot of markers and stones on the surface and his dig destroyed all of that. Eventually he’s “big dig” collapsed and he gave up filling everything in. That’s part of what makes the current search so challenging.

This year they are using water samples (which show concentrations of silver and gold leaving into the water) testing and smaller boreholes to locate sites for 10 foot wide cans which are essentially steel encased boreholes. Those 10 foot wide cans will be happening a little later in the season and should be interesting. The results from the water testing program with them to an area which they had always presumed not to be worth looking at.

The show is a guilty pleasure which is best viewed a little tongue-in-cheek. There is a ton of filler material in every show but always enough “progress“ to keep you interested. I believe it is the most watched reality show “on cable” with something like 2M viewers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom