The Auburn win is looking REALLY good now | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Auburn win is looking REALLY good now

Reaction Score
Just about every mock has Jabari Smith as the #1 pick now. Really impressive prospect.
I was really impressed with his shooting form when we played. He's got one of the purest strokes for a guy that size I can remember. KD-esque (in that regard only). He's got long/athletic 50/40/90 potential. Like a Tobias Harris + Lauri Markannen in one package.

Reaction Score
I don't think Marquette makes it, who he has in, but I do think 6 make it. If you want to do 6 sure.
If anything Marquette is in better shape than Creighton now. Almost 20 spots better on their NET and they have two impressive wins over top 25 teams.

Reaction Score
If anything Marquette is in better shape than Creighton now. Almost 20 spots better on their NET and they have two impressive wins over top 25 teams.
That’s fair, my worry with Marquette is the upcoming schedule. After today (where they are basically a pickem) they may won’t be favored in a game for another month.

Reaction Score
Our Body of work is Auburn and only Auburn. That's not simplifying much. It's already simple. Great win. But that's it. I'd feel much better if our body of work included one , just one, of Providence, WVU, MSU, Seton Hall. Give me one of them. Because those are all games that would look good on a resume. The more we throw games like that in the toilet (and that's exactly what we do) the harder this gets going forward. Do you want to count on beating Nova? Even Xavier? Because we pissed away our realistic opportunities at solidifying an actual body of work some of those games will turn into must wins when they needn't have.

Yup its simple. Auburn is our body of work and only Auburn. That and a dime will get you................................................
Well, couldn't St. Bonnie's and VCU count as good wins, provided that they play well down the stretch?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Well, couldn't St. Bonnie's and VCU count as good wins, provided that they play well down the stretch?
VCU has 5 losses already. Bonnie’s 3.

It’s tough to imagine those are significant wins in the end. I’m not looking for A10 wins to prop us up unless those teams do much better than they have. Best we can say is they don’t hurt at least. I guess that’s good

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Our Body of work is Auburn and only Auburn. That's not simplifying much. It's already simple. Great win. But that's it. I'd feel much better if our body of work included one , just one, of Providence, WVU, MSU, Seton Hall. Give me one of them. Because those are all games that would look good on a resume. The more we throw games like that in the toilet (and that's exactly what we do) the harder this gets going forward. Do you want to count on beating Nova? Even Xavier? Because we pissed away our realistic opportunities at solidifying an actual body of work some of those games will turn into must wins when they needn't have.

Yup its simple. Auburn is our body of work and only Auburn. That and a dime will get you................................................
The Debbie Downer routine gets old after awhile.

Reaction Score
VCU has 5 losses already. Bonnie’s 3.

It’s tough to imagine those are significant wins in the end. I’m not looking for A10 wins to prop us up unless those teams do much better than they have. Best we can say is they don’t hurt at least. I guess that’s good
Looking at number of losses really misses the big picture (Villanova has 4).

VCU does have two bad losses, but both without arguably their best player.

Both games are Q2 at the moment.

VCU has dropped like a rock over the weekend, but should safely remain Q2 and if they figure it out get back to Q1. The Bonnies just got into Q2 status and hopefully stay their but could go back to Q3.

SBU is KenPom 62 and VCU 77 so in that sense no wouldn't say they are "significant" wins, they are good wins in neutral environments that this team took care of business.

The important thing is they won both games and they have a lot of Q1 / Q2 opportunities coming up, particularly starting in February, to show what we saw in November and early December was for real.

Reaction Score
Looking at number of losses really misses the big picture (Villanova has 4).

VCU does have two bad losses, but both without arguably their best player.

Both games are Q2 at the moment.

VCU has dropped like a rock over the weekend, but should safely remain Q2 and if they figure it out get back to Q1. The Bonnies just got into Q2 status and hopefully stay their but could go back to Q3.

SBU is KenPom 62 and VCU 77 so in that sense no wouldn't say they are "significant" wins, they are good wins in neutral environments that this team took care of business.

The important thing is they won both games and they have a lot of Q1 / Q2 opportunities coming up, particularly starting in February, to show what we saw in November and early December was for real.
Important to note our Marquette win is looking better too…Now #41 NET and 47 Kenpom.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
According to the prognosticators there were 6 players better than Jabari Smith coming out of high school last year lol.

Reaction Score
Did anyone else catch Michigan State taking down Wisconsin in Madison tonight? Very methodical win. MSU is so poised and well coached. Would have been another very nice win if the Huskies could have held on and won that game also in the Bahamas. UConn has now lost to 2 teams that have won at Wisconsin.

Last edited:

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Did anyone else catch Michigan State taking down Wisconsin in Madison tonight? Very methodical win. MSU is so poised and well coached. Would have been another very nice win if the Huskies could have held on and won that game also in the Bahamas. UConn has now lost to 2 teams that have won at Wisconsin.
That Atlantis field ended up being more stacked than we realized. Had we beat msu we would played what are now two top five teams and a top 15 team.

I have to say I’d like our chances against any big ten team other than probably Purdue (I know they’re losing a decent amount in league play). Wisc, Ill, MSU, OSU all look like very beatable teams to me.

Reaction Score
The energy in Auburn right now is arguably the best I've seen since the pandemic. Awesome to see. Go Auburn!

Reaction Score
Auburn seems to clearly be the #1 team in the country from what I've seen. Kessler is a beast, Jabari Smith should be the #1 pick, and KD Johnson and that other guard Greene? are relentless. They are really similar to us but we don't have a shot maker like Jabari. We have a chance to be really good and go pretty far if we cut out the dumb stuff.

Reaction Score

The win over Marquette is looking very good now as well.

Reaction Score
All we need is Polley to have 6 consecutive games like his Auburn game and we’re a lock for number 5.
I wonder what the won / loss percentage is for teams when a guy off the bench scores 24 pts

Reaction Score
14/23 in the SHU game
I love when people make easily falsifiable claims and are called out on it. No offense @mauconnfan, but you got caught, at least as far as 3-point shooting goes. The SHU game featured more 3-pointers per minute, shot at a higher percentage, compared to the Auburn game.

Now, you could still argue UConn's offense was better in the Auburn game, because they scored more points per minute. I'd even agree with that argument. However, you chose to use 3-point shooting as the crux of your argument, and the numbers don't back that up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom