The Auburn win is looking REALLY good now | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Auburn win is looking REALLY good now

Reaction Score
Karl Ravech (or whatever his name is) just said Auburn beat UConn in double OT. Typical ESPN!

Reaction Score
We have the best out of conference win in the BE. We have a couple of other good wins. VCU, Marquette, St. Bonnies(still a decent win). With multiple opportunities for more. We also have ZERO bad losses. We are in no danger of missing the tournament at this moment. We’re a high 7 seed. With a very high chance to mover up into that 3-5 range if healthy

Reaction Score
We have the best out of conference win in the BE. We have a couple of other good wins. VCU, Marquette, St. Bonnies(still a decent win). With multiple opportunities for more. We also have ZERO bad losses. We are in no danger of missing the tournament at this moment. We’re a high 7 seed. With a very high chance to mover up into that 3-5 range if healthy
Need to start winning close games

Reaction Score
We shot 15/26 from 3 and Jabari Smith didn't level up until halfway through the game.
We spotted them an 11 point lead after the first 10 minutes of the game coming off our terrible cupcake schedule and then dominated them for the next 20 minutes going up by 14...they then started pressing us and the wheels came off at the end before we pulled out the win. That 20 minutes of basketball is still by far the best we've played all season and I'm still wondering what happened to that team.

Really hope we can discover it again because it was fun to watch.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
We spotted them an 11 point lead after the first 10 minutes of the game coming off our terrible cupcake schedule and then dominated them for the next 20 minutes going up by 14...they then started pressing us and the wheels came off at the end before we pulled out the win. That 20 minutes of basketball is still by far the best we've played all season and I'm still wondering what happened to that team.

Really hope we can discover it again because it was fun to watch.
They played just as good on Saturday, but lost. The Hall game was certainly fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Uconn played great and dominated most of that game after a rough start. They should've won easily but had a total collapse at the end of regulation like we've seen so many times.
Or, an epic comeback by the best team in the nation.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If we finish 7th place in the Big East with an Auburn win on the resume that and a dime will get us............................nothing.

Well maybe an NIT bid.

before you scoff at 7th let me just remind you that would actually be a step up from the current 8th place position we are in.(How's that for a sobering thought) , and we have 8 games left against the top 4 Including 2 against Nova and 2 against Xavier. Before one says "they dont scare me" keep in mind that we just lost to the 5th best team in conference and also Providence at home.
7th this year probably means 9-11 in conference play. That would be 18 wins (assuming no bad losses to come). We are in as long as we win the first round game and get to 19 wins.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
After reading the Seton Hall loss thread and how we moved up, I was expecting more on this thread to wish we had lost to Auburn.

If we had lost, Auburn would be our best loss of the season.

No other team on UConn's schedule gives the Huskies a better opponent to lose to than Auburn. Wasted opportunity for a quality loss.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The Auburn win looks good for conversation purposes but means nothing if UConn doesn't win games
If a 16 win team happens to upset a top ranked team, it doesn't mean crap come March
I hope UConn doesn't find itself in that position

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I mean, seriously, unless someone gets hurt, we're making the tournament. How pessimistic would you have to be to believe otherwise?
200.gif

Reaction Score
The Auburn win looks good for conversation purposes but means nothing if UConn doesn't win games
If a 16 win team happens to upset a top ranked team, it doesn't mean crap come March
That's my take, too. The Auburn is looking better and better, but damn, UConn shouldn't be resting on that. UConn needs to start closing out games better and winning themselves.

Reaction Score
You really are a joy

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We won 1 tough game. Yeah, some of the other wins are pretty good but ifnwe get swept by Nova and X, we are 10-8 with not bad losses. Not a place I'd like to be. Lose tonight or gasp, PC again and suddenly the season gets real short.

Which was the entire point of this thread. Stop looking at game we could have won or even games we have one and start beating other elite teams in the BE. And by elite I'm not even talking about protected NCAA 1 or 2 seeds. The BE champ is likely a 3 and everyone else will be 5-9.or lower.

This still isnt the old Big East, Nova excepted, it still the former C7 also rans benefiting from the lack of national level in-confernce competition. We need to dominate more than we have.

Hurley will earn his money by papering over the obvious flaws we have. Getting late baskets is at the top of the list.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom