The Auburn win is looking REALLY good now | The Boneyard

The Auburn win is looking REALLY good now

Reaction Score
Auburn now projected to be a 1 seed by Lunardi. Their only loss was to the good guys. Turning out to be the statement win on our resume.

Reaction Score
Yeah. I noticed that. They may have to couple that with a top 4 or 5 finish in the big east to make it in. Depending on the how the big east ends up. That should be doable. I think seton hall and providence wins would've already been enough.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow, seven (7) Big East teams in this projection.

Hope that's the case, but my guess is that only one of Marquette or Creighton will get in at the end of the day. Both are certainly capable, but they're quite young. So, BE gets 6/11 teams in.

Reaction Score
I would bet that freshman is now playing with mucho confidence and has figured some stuff out.

From what I saw he's that dangerous.

Reaction Score
buT WE sTink caz HURley's a BAD coach derrrrp

i would have signed up for a 7 seed before the season and it'll probably be higher. our 4 losses were by a combined 14 points to 3 ranked teams and away at WVa w/o our best player.

Reaction Score
I’d say the floor expectation for the conference at this point should be 5 - us, Hall, Nova, PC, and X. Then if we can get anything from the next group of teams - Creighton, Johnnies, and Marquette, that’s how you turn a solid year into a potentially great one. Obviously little/no hope for Butler, Hoyas, or DePaul.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
buT WE sTink caz HURley's a BAD coach derrrrp

i would have signed up for a 7 seed before the season and it'll probably be higher. our 4 losses were by a combined 14 points to 3 ranked teams and away at WVa w/o our best player.

If we finish 7th place in the Big East with an Auburn win on the resume that and a dime will get us............................nothing.

Well maybe an NIT bid.

before you scoff at 7th let me just remind you that would actually be a step up from the current 8th place position we are in.(How's that for a sobering thought) , and we have 8 games left against the top 4 Including 2 against Nova and 2 against Xavier. Before one says "they dont scare me" keep in mind that we just lost to the 5th best team in conference and also Providence at home.

Reaction Score
If we finish 7th place in the Big East with an Auburn win on the resume that and a dime will get us............................nothing.

Well maybe an NIT bid.

before you scoff at 7th let me just remind you that would actually be a step up from the current 8th place position we are in.(How's that for a sobering thought) , and we have 8 games left against the top 4 Including 2 against Nova and 2 against Xavier. Before one says "they dont scare me" keep in mind that we just lost to the 5th best team in conference and also Providence at home.
7 seed in the big dance not the BE...that's what lunardi is projecting us at right now.

August_West

Reaction Score
7 seed in the big dance not the BE...that's what lunardi is projecting us at right now.

I get it.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I would bet that freshman is now playing with mucho confidence and has figured some stuff out.

From what I saw he's that dangerous.

He’s right now up there for the top pick in the draft

Reaction Score

Well maybe an NIT bid.

Please, you know you're oversimplifying it. We're 18 in the Sagarins today, and in that range generally. If the season ended today, we're in easily. Our overall body of work is such that no one is saying "they're not in because they're 8th in the Big East." Conference standings don't matter -- body of work does.

Having said that, yes, it's likely that if we stay 8th that is going to mean losing a lot of games that will hurt us badly in computer rankings. I don't like people saying wins don't matter any more than you do -- wins are all that matter -- but tournament selection and seeding is based primarily on body of work.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If UConn doesn't finish in top 4 of NBE, it will likely translate into at least 7 or more league losses. Not sure that without making it to the NBE Tourney final game, a 7 or higher seed in the dance for UConn if they finish out of top 4- I don't care if UConn loses every game by less than 4 points - at this point a loss is a loss. You are rewarded for actual wins, not moral victories. Looking at the remaining schedule one can easily see a minimum of 5 additional losses if UConn can't learn to hold onto leads. I see the bunch of NBE teams in the 5 through 8 rungs in final standings that have nearly identical records. Will the Auburn win help UConn? I would like to think so but it was early in the season - who knows?
Just win baby

August_West

Reaction Score
Please, you know you're oversimplifying it. We're 18 in the Sagarins today, and in that range generally. If the season ended today, we're in easily. Our overall body of work is such that no one is saying "they're not in because they're 8th in the Big East." Conference standings don't matter -- body of work does.

Having said that, yes, it's likely that if we stay 8th that is going to mean losing a lot of games that will hurt us badly in computer rankings. I don't like people saying wins don't matter any more than you do -- wins are all that matter -- but tournament selection and seeding is based primarily on body of work.

Our Body of work is Auburn and only Auburn. That's not simplifying much. It's already simple. Great win. But that's it. I'd feel much better if our body of work included one , just one, of Providence, WVU, MSU, Seton Hall. Give me one of them. Because those are all games that would look good on a resume. The more we throw games like that in the toilet (and that's exactly what we do) the harder this gets going forward. Do you want to count on beating Nova? Even Xavier? Because we pissed away our realistic opportunities at solidifying an actual body of work some of those games will turn into must wins when they needn't have.

Yup its simple. Auburn is our body of work and only Auburn. That and a dime will get you................................................

Reaction Score
Our Body of work is Auburn and only Auburn. That's not simplifying much. It's already simple. Great win. But that's it. I'd feel much better if our body of work included one , just one, of Providence, WVU, MSU, Seton Hall. Give me one of them. Because those are all games that would look good on a resume. The more we throw games like that in the toilet (and that's exactly what we do) the harder this gets going forward. Do you want to count on beating Nova? Even Xavier? Because we pissed away our realistic opportunities at solidifying an actual body of work some of those games will turn into must wins when they needn't have.

Yup its simple. Auburn is our body of work and only Auburn. That and a dime will get you................................................
Marquette is 44 NET and VCU 53. Those are both solid wins. There will be plenty of opportunities for more good Q1/Q2 wins the rest of the way. It’s still early.

Reaction Score
Still think VCU and Bonnie's wins will be viewed favorably. VCU has their point guard back and seems to be playing better (but is still offensively challenged).

St B has been a disappointment thus far. Let's see how they perform in the A10.

But yah, so far we have Auburn and... Marquette (away).

Reaction Score

Meh. Still plenty of Quad 1 opportunities in the BE. This ain't the AAC.

Reaction Score
Auburn was great. How bout something to go with it?

Reaction Score
We're 2-3 in Q1 games and 1-1 in Q2 games, that's far from the weak resume some here are suggesting. And we have still have 8 Q1 and 4 Q2 games (5 if Butler moves up 1 spot in NET) coming up, plus the BE tournament. Plenty of opportunities

Reaction Score

Right now our win @ Marquette is better than any win we had last year aside from USC. If our body of work this year is only Auburn, our body of work last year was only USC, and that got us a 7 seed.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Michigan State is moving on up as well. Of course we didn't beat them but a close loss to a top team isn't the worst thing.

Reaction Score
Yeah. I noticed that. They may have to couple that with a top 4 or 5 finish in the big east to make it in. Depending on the how the big east ends up. That should be doable. I think seton hall and providence wins would've already been enough.
They may also have to couple the Auburn win with the other wins that got against St. Bonaventure and VCU. I checked the Atlantic 10 conference and their win loss records are ok but Bonnie's and VCU both need to be in the top 3 of their conference to make Uconn's OOC schedule strength more convincing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom